alternator discrepancies

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
bluneon

alternator discrepancies

Post by bluneon »

i'm searching alternators online and i'm getting differing information about which ones are compatible with a base 2006 with the 1zz 1.8L

some sites say the 210-0395 denso reman works and other sites say it doesn't.
the 210-0393 denso is also giving me the same results, some sites say it fits while others say it doesn't.

which one is correct?
are the alternators in the matrix/corolla the exact same? the original p/n on my current alternator is 27060-0d110 and p/n 27060-0d110-84 is a legit number in the toyota parts catalogue. i'm also finding conflicting information using the toyota part number.

which denso reman should i go with? would it be safe to get one from the toyota dealership? or should i bite the bullet and get one from the GM dealership with vin specific results even though it could take 7-10 days to get here.

thanks, yall.
Caretaker

Re: alternator discrepancies

Post by Caretaker »

I can only hope that Denso's own part search program works properly. Here is the link to their site. It shows that the 210-0395 is the proper alternator:
https://www.densoproducts.com/electrical-denso
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

IIRC, the GT and non-GT alternators are interchangeable.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
bluneon

Post by bluneon »

i wanted to test the theory that the 27060-0d110 alternators were all the same, regardless of vehicle model.

since the p/n 27060-0d110 shows up on alternators originally installed in corollas and matrixs and vibes i went to the pick and pull. pick and pull alternators are only 20 bucks and considering how easy it is to pull one i might as well try one out.

if it works in the vibe, awesome; then i'd know to order a denso reman from the toyota dealership with a 1 day arrival time.
if it doesn't work, i'd only be out 20 bucks and some of my time and then end up ordering one from GM and wait the 7-10 day arrival time.

i pulled one out of a 2008 1zz corolla with the same matching 27060-0d110 p/n on the sticker.

it's been well over a week and so far it's been working fine.

experiment completed.

it's now been well over 2 months december now and the corolla alternator is still working fine.
bluneon

Post by bluneon »

in February i ordered the denso reman alternator from toyota and it has been in the vibe running just fine for well over a month. i'll be keeping the used alternator from the pick and pull as a spare.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

bluneon wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:40 am in February i ordered the denso reman alternator from toyota and it has been in the vibe running just fine for well over a month. i'll be keeping the used alternator from the pick and pull as a spare.
If possible, get a huge ziploc style bag, and drop it in there with some desiccant packs.