Howdy from Texas

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
JKGibson

Howdy from Texas

Post by JKGibson »

My name is Jennifer and I’m from Texas. I own a 2006 Pontiac Vibe. I have a list of repairs I am making to it. My family tries talking me into getting a new vehicle instead but I love my Vibe.
zbyers

Re: Howdy from Texas

Post by zbyers »

Glad you joined us! Post some pics of your ride.

Let us know what maintenance you need to do...Most of us will gladly convince you to keep the Vibe. :lol:
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Having spent a lot of time in the oil fields of Midland, I might be one who would dissuade you from pouring a lot of $$ into a 15 year old car. However, two things work against you if you are looking for a car right now:
1. the computer chip shortage has decimated the auto industry. Inventory is woefully low and prices are ridiculously high.
2. as you are from Texas, from what I've seen driving across the state numerous times and researching cars there illustrates that you have only one choice in cars in Texas: a pickup truck. It's nearly impossible to find a used car on craigslist or other listing site and I'm guessing dealerships aren't flush with cars these days. Trucks are of course plentiful.
Let us know what "other than normal routine maintenance" your Vibe requires. There are quite a few active, mechanically inclined people still on this board who can help you save some money.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Jen ;) Family does NOT always know best so keep your Vibe for several more years! We'll all gladly help you out where possible so that you can stay safely on the road. Is your Vibe solid all around (no rust or bad corrosion)? Some of us up in the rust belt states have to contend with that which, as our cars age, becomes an issue. Looking forward to pics and other info in your Vibe
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"