Mumbledore’s 09 Vibe 1.8 liter base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Mumbledore

Mumbledore’s 09 Vibe 1.8 liter base

Post by Mumbledore »

Hello gen vibe community. I’ve owned my 09 base since about 2014. I love it! I have replaced the engine with a 2010 1.8 l since the old one died pretty horribly. Also have put a different transmission in it as it died. This was a fleet vehicle prior to me owning it and I intend to keep it running as long as I can.
‘09 1.8 liter base (white) - SOLD
‘09 2.4 liter GT 5-speed manual (red-hot metallic)
zbyers

Re: Mumbledore’s 09 Vibe 1.8 liter base

Post by zbyers »

Welcome. Post some pictures. We love pictures!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Mumbledore wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:44 am This was a fleet vehicle prior to me owning it and I intend to keep it running as long as I can.
Welcome to GenVibe. So what Fleet did this Vibe come from? Apparently they did terrible maintenance or just didn't give a s h i t about the car knowing that they would be sold off at an auction. How did these failures occur and did they occur before OR after you purchased the vehicle?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Mumbledore

Post by Mumbledore »

tpollauf wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:34 pm
Mumbledore wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:44 am This was a fleet vehicle prior to me owning it and I intend to keep it running as long as I can.
Welcome to GenVibe. So what Fleet did this Vibe come from? Apparently they did terrible maintenance or just didn't give a s h i t about the car knowing that they would be sold off at an auction. How did these failures occur and did they occur before OR after you purchased the vehicle?
Thanks for the reply! I bought it used in 2012-13 (can’t remember for sure) and the only info available (as it had just come in to the dealership) was that it had been fleet in PA. There is evidence of a “Quest Diagnostics” graphic removed from passenger front door.

Before I bought it I had it checked by a guy I trusted at Pep Boys. The only issue he found was a leak in the CV boot.

The transmission started slipping in 2016. I took it to Bon Summerel (Cincinnati, OH) and they put a new tranny in. It was less expensive than a rebuild.

About three months later I started having issues with a rough idle so I cleaned out the MAF sensor and throttle body. Seemed to help, but I started having issues with it overheating. I replaced the coolant and put a new thermostat in. Turns out there were deeper problems. Knowing very little, I could tell that at least a head gasket if not the head was blown. I love this car and again it was cheaper to replace the engine than the car (as it was paid off).

Just now I’m having some issues with a whining in the accessories. I replaced the worn serpentine belt and I’ve isolated the noise to either the alternator bearing or the a/c compressor pulley and bearing. Trying to get a line on a place that will sell just the bearing/pulley.
Mumbledore

Post by Mumbledore »

zbyers wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:59 pm Welcome. Post some pictures. We love pictures!
I’m still learning how to navigate postings/etc. I’ll get some pics up soon 🙂