Recent gaming idea

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
odysseus4

Recent gaming idea

Post by odysseus4 »

I've taken my vibe to a few car meets, and recently I had an idea inspired by what some have done with chevy suburbans and maybe ford expeditions.
I want to turn her into a mobile gaming rig.

Here's my idea
- PS2 slim
- Smaller old widescreen TV
- Some old speakers
- Some form of inverter
- Grand Turismo (either 3 or 4)

This is just an initial idea, wanted to bounce it off everyone, see if there's any ideas of improvements, specifics, things that might be more achievable, if this has been done before with a vibe, etc
Account change

2003 Salsa Base 4 speed, 161k kilometers, JVC KW-X840BTS
Caretaker

Re: Recent gaming idea

Post by Caretaker »

I've been wondering the same thing about the elongated screens soon to be found in the Kia Sportage and other vehicles. I can envision these panoramic screens turning into "monitoring the ponies at Saratoga" as one "keeps their eyes on the road." I'm sure glad my child is no longer of the age of playing ball in the street, which will soon turn into a killing field as infotainment systems turn driving into something other than it should be. Sorry, I'm not a fan, which is why my car has numerous cameras to ensure I can track down the idiot who totals my Vibe.
odysseus4

Re: Recent gaming idea

Post by odysseus4 »

I'm not talking something while I'm driving, I'm talking something I set up in the trunk when I go to car meets, while I'm stationary
Account change

2003 Salsa Base 4 speed, 161k kilometers, JVC KW-X840BTS