Freed's 2006 Base Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
freed

Freed's 2006 Base Vibe

Post by freed »

Howdy folks, I'm new here and excited about my Vibe! I paid $3500 the other week and took her home. Pics coming soon — the previous owner did not take great cosmetic care of the vehicle, but mechanically he was diligent. 153k miles. I'm hoping to get another 100k at least...

I'm halfway through a stereo upgrade — got a new head unit installed today & did driver's side door with an upgraded speaker and Dynamat to reduce road noise and unwanted vibration / resonance from the door cavity. I also replaced the (broken) door check while I was at it. Passenger side coming soon...woot!
andrewclaus

Re: Freed's 2006 Base Vibe

Post by andrewclaus »

That sounds like my car--$3300 four years ago, 149K miles, cosmetic problems and minor damage, easily fixed. New radio too. Been working fantastic ever since, perfect body style for us.

The biggest jobs I've done on it in 40K miles are a front wheel bearing and new struts/shocks.
freed

Post by freed »

Nice! I hope to follow your example 😊 what do you mostly use the car for?

It was a long search for the right hatchback for me...looked at plenty of Golfs, and a Kia Rio, but just didn't quite feel right. Hoping this is it! I'm already attached...
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

It's mainly a road trip car, 1000 to 2000 mile trips, a few times a year. We pack camping stuff, a cooler, two bikes and a small dog. Our previous car was a Gen II Prius. The Vibe is an ideal replacement, and we get over 40 mpg on rural highways.