Advice On Replacing Rear Axle Control Arm Bushing - 2009 Vibe Hatchback

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Ccap

Advice On Replacing Rear Axle Control Arm Bushing - 2009 Vibe Hatchback

Post by Ccap »

Hello,

I'm a new member to these forums and I'm looking for some help/advice with regards to replacing the rear axle control arm bushings on my 2009 Pontiac Vibe (hatchback).

Both of the rear bushings on my vibe have developed cracks/tears and my mechanic is unable to source replacement parts locally (South Western Ontario) and has suggested I try to locate the parts myself online.

The specific part I'm looking for is GM part #19184265 - https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-b ... 84265.html. (Part #2 in the below image).
looking to replace part #2 - rear axle control arm bushing
looking to replace part #2 - rear axle control arm bushing
09 Vibe Trailing Arm Bushing .png (19.97 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
I have not been able to find this part in stock at any of the online retailers. Several sites list the part as available but when I have contacted the seller, I've been informed the part is discontinued and not available.

In lieu of finding a GM replacement part, I am wondering if I could use the bushings from a 2009 Toyota Matrix - https://parts.olathetoyota.com/oem-part ... dhcw%3D%3D. (part #2 in the below image).
Toyota Matrix Rear Bushing - Part #2
Toyota Matrix Rear Bushing - Part #2
Toyota Matrix Rear Bushing.png (18.12 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
Before I spend the money and purchase the Toyota parts, I was wondering if anyone here had success swapping these 2 parts? Alternatively, is anyone aware of an online retailer where I can purchase the GM part #19184265?

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions you may be able to provide.
zbyers

Re: Advice On Replacing Rear Axle Control Arm Bushing - 2009 Vibe Hatchback

Post by zbyers »

Yes, the matrix parts are identical when comparing model to model. IE: 2009 1.8L base model, 2009 AWD etc.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Ccap

Post by Ccap »

Thank you very much!
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

all I can say is that you have a VERY attentive mechanic. As I wear my '09 into a pulp in the twilight of its service, ignoring every rattle, squeak and thunk.........after reading your post, I'm left wondering how one could even come to conclude that such an innocuous part is worn out (other than the obvious astute mechanic meticulously looking for paid work ? Short of a bouncy strut or sagging spring, I doubt I would ever think to look at what you've inquired about. I'm impressed. :idea: