CT200h

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
KingKrab65

CT200h

Post by KingKrab65 »

Has anyone had any experience with these vehicles? They are hybrids but have very low combined HP numbers. I was wondering what the acceleration was like. My Vibe kind of gets eaten up when I try to get on the interstate and traffic lights especially when I have the AC on.

Just curious.
2003 Base Vibe
joatmon

Re: CT200h

Post by joatmon »

Never been in one, can't say I ever noticed one on the road. Supposed to be a luxury Prius, it is surprising that the MPGs are 10%-20% lower than the Prius.

Don't know what acceleration is in one of them, maybe compare the weight to horsepower ratio of one to that of the Vibe, will give you a general comparison.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

My wife purchased a 2014 ct200h in January of this year. It's not just suppose to be a luxury Prius, it is! Much like the Corolla/Vibe is the same car in Sedan and Hatch back forms. The Prius and CT200h share everything other than body paneling and interior. Engine, hybrid battery, transmission, suspension, brakes are all the same.

The CT200h has lower MPG's because the hatchback shape is less efficient than the sloppy back of the Prius.

An automatic Vibe is neck and neck 0-60MPH and 1/4 mile times. zeroto60times.com numbers back this up.

If you are looking for something a little faster with similar fuel economy (40ish) look at the hybrid Camry or Lexus ES hybrid.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Found out the hard way the CT200h also has glass fog lights (like the Vibe/Matrix). Thankfully, they're shared with a bunch of other Toyota's so they're readily available.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT