Testing waters

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
OCBONES

Testing waters

Post by OCBONES »

Remove if not allowed...

Have an 09 2.4l fully loaded base model (moon roof, premium sound, leather wrapped wheel, 5psd automatic w/ auto shift “sport” mode),130k, 2nd owner, No body damage/rust, just I70 stone chips on the bonnet. Religiously maintained since purchase at 85k, just did a 130k mile tune up last weekend.

Has full set of Blizzak snow tires on OEM Pontiac rims as well as All seasons on OEM rims plus after market Thule roof rack and ski carrier.

Based on the current market, what would y’all consider a fair market price from a private seller in the Colorado market, keeping in mind this is a FWD model not the AWD. KBB is around 6500 so I was thinking 7k obo accounting for the extras to allow room for haggling?

Thoughts?
Caretaker

Re: Testing waters

Post by Caretaker »

well, it is a sought out model and as I have posted elsewhere, the used car market is about as nuts as the housing market. Clean it up, polish it up, and it will be sold in no time. Check similar cars on cargurus.com and cars.com to see what prices the slimy used car dealers are charging. Also check the local craiglist to see if there are similar Vibe/Matrix for sale and price it accordingly. Obviously, starting with Kelly Blue Book is a given.
OCBONES

Re: Testing waters

Post by OCBONES »

I’ve been all over the internet trying to gauge pricing. It’s all over the board seemingly between 4500-7950...so quite broad!