2009 red 2.4l for sale for parts or whatever

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
riverpa

2009 red 2.4l for sale for parts or whatever

Post by riverpa »

I'm selling my 2009 red VIbe. I bought used in 2012. The original owner was a tailgater, so a lot of stone chips in the hood paint, otherwise the body is in pretty good condition.

The CVT was running a little rough, and I brought it to the wrong garage for a transmission fluid change a couple of years ago and they grossly overfilled the fluid, which killed the CVT. Because I limped along with it overfilled for a few more years, not knowing, anyway, consider the CVT as shot. Yet if got me straight through to FL and back last spring, only stopping for coffee.

The odometer is somewhere around 16x,xxx. I can't say more because I can't start it. It has been sitting since last year. My best guess is that there's a short somewhere: I had thought it was the main fuse and tore apart the main fuse box to get at it, but nothing blown anywhere that I could find. I jiggled it back together, and next time I turned the key, it started up. I took it out to get gas, and stopped at a store first: when I tried to start it again, it wouldn't, and has not ever since then. I had it towed home and it is sitting, ready for someone who wants it to come and get it.

That could be you! Or it could be the local scrap yard. I would be happier if it went to someone who would use its parts to make another Vibe live on. It treated me well for the 8 years and 100k plus miles I had it, even with a wonky CVT, it never left me stranded.

Everything original on it as far as I know, but nothing fancy, no sunroof. Interior is gray, in decent shape except it's dirty. The only thing I ever replaced on it was the water pump. As far as I recall everything else was working fine.

Located outside the Baltimore Beltway on the south side of B'more.

Please offer me few hundred dollars: at least as much as the junkyard would. Replacement title is on it's way so it will be legally titled if someone wanted to make a project out of it.

riverpa
tpollauf

Re: 2009 red 2.4l for sale for parts or whatever

Post by tpollauf »

Hmmmm .... that's quite a drive for me. Maybe zbyers will jump on this. He's closer than me. Then I can see him for parts if needed! Also you likely have the basic five speed automatic transmission. They're a dime a dozen out there and readily available. CVT (Continuously Variable Transmissions) were not offered on the Vibe and I don't think on any Toyota product at that time.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

tpollauf wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:39 am Hmmmm .... that's quite a drive for me. Maybe zbyers will jump on this. He's closer than me. Then I can see him for parts if needed! Also you likely have the basic five speed automatic transmission. They're a dime a dozen out there and readily available. CVT (Continuously Variable Transmissions) were not offered on the Vibe and I don't think on any Toyota product at that time.
I'd be tempted if our yard and my parents yard didn't already look like a junkyard. :lol:

We have probably 15-20 cars between both households. Plus we don't own a single second gen these days!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

riverpa wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:37 pm I'm selling my 2009 red VIbe. I bought used in 2012. The original owner was a tailgater, so a lot of stone chips in the hood paint, otherwise the body is in pretty good condition.
How soon do you want to get rid of it? I'm contemplating taking it off you hands. I have a tow dolly and nice truck so transporting it will be no problem. Hiding it from the wife will be my biggest obstacle :x
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
riverpa

Post by riverpa »

Well, if you want me to wait for the title to come in the mail, that would hold it up. Otherwise, i just have to unload it and that could happen pretty much any time.
riverpa

Post by riverpa »

I have title in hand, so car can move out - so that is the good news. Bad news is I am being depoyed on Sunday, so Saturday is the only day that it can be pickup up, until after I return in a few weeks.

Anyone who can come around on Saturday, cash in hand, let me know asap.

Thanks
rickiann

Post by rickiann »

Need spare tire donut if available. Contact rickiannitelli@hotmail.com
Thanks
Rick