Correct Engine Motor Mount Kit Part Numbers?

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
schwartzy18510

Correct Engine Motor Mount Kit Part Numbers?

Post by schwartzy18510 »

I'm preparing to replace the steering rack on my '03 Vibe (Base model, 1.8L 1ZZFE, FWD, AT, 179K), which involves dropping the frame cross-member that the rack bolts to. Since this is a relatively major job that involves supporting the engine from above and disconnecting the rear motor mount, I figured I'd take advantage of the overlap in labor to replace the rear motor mount while I'm at it. I also currently have the exhaust manifold out of the car for reasons detailed in a separate thread, which makes access to the rear motor mount bolts even easier.

However, I'm having trouble nailing down the correct engine mount part number(s) for my intended application. Rock Auto is usually my go-to for automotive replacement parts, and they carry all three engine mounts and the transmission mount available for purchase individually. They also offer two kits, each containing all four mounts:

1) SKP SKM3074K
2) SKP SKM3009K

The two kits differ only in which front engine mount is contained in each. The SKP SKM3074K kit contains engine front mount P/N SKMA62063, whereas the SKM3009K kit contains engine front mount P/N SKM9158.

The Rock Auto product description for the SKM3074K kit containing P/N SKMA62063 references "w/MU5 transmission" — the Pontiac RPO code for the four-speed A246E transmission in the FWD base model — and would seem to indicate that this is the required kit, and that SKMA62063 is the correct front engine mount for my application.

However, Rock Auto does not carry SKMA62063 for individual purchase, but only the SKM9158 part number. Amazon carries both the SKMA62063 and SKM9158 individual front engine mount part numbers, but indicates that the SKMA62063 mount is NOT compatible with my vehicle, whereas the SKM9158 IS. The two parts appear visually identical. Anybody have a clue as to the differences, or which is correct for my application?
2003 Salsa Red Vibe Base Model
1.8L 1ZZ-FE, FWD, AT, 190K Miles
*Unresolved Vibration at Idle*
maggarjt

Re: Correct Engine Motor Mount Kit Part Numbers?

Post by maggarjt »

I did the rear motor mount twice! For real, buy the actual OEM mount from a toyota online parts place. I did aftermarket mounts and thought my engine was having issues because the vibration was still there at stoplights. I bought OEM and installed them and its a night and day difference.

The ones that affect the vibration the most is the drivers side front(under battery) and the passenger wheel well mount from my experience, but why not do all 4 at once? The rear mount I installed and removed twice from the top and bottom of the car with nothing removed but the airbox and battery. It can be done with wrenches and extensions.