2009-2010 Vibe GT Rear Brake Parts Clarification

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
northstar

2009-2010 Vibe GT Rear Brake Parts Clarification

Post by northstar »

After working on my rear 2010 GT brakes, I found out that VERY FEW sources for the rotors and other components have it right.
Now I will be doing my daughter's 2009 GT and started working on a spreadsheet for doing brakes on them. First thing to say is the rear rotors are the larger 11.06" /281mm. Unlike the other models, that I believe use a rear caliper with parking brake lever, the GTs I have use the parking brake shoe that works on the inside of the rotor.
So first the rotor to use is the Bosch 50011480 or equivalent. For me the metals and coating are superior on the Bosch to what the auto parts chain offer in their Private Label brands. Cheapest price is through RockAuto.
On my car, I work from home mostly now, so I was able to pull the brakes apart and get the brackets sand blasted and painted. My daughter needs her car every day so I did some research and I believe the 14-1385 and 14-1386 Cardone/O'Reilly brackets will be right. I have them on order.
The caliper sliding bolts and caliper bolt bracket to spindle are listed wrong also. Caliper sliding bolts 14221, caliper bracket to spindle bolt H802.

The spreadsheet I am working on will have the breakdown between GT (LAX 2.4L) and the non-GT (LAX and LAY). Not to clear on the AWD yet, I think it is the same as GT. I have started with the original GM and Toyota part numbers and will expand from there with aftermarket part numbers. I began with the rear GT and Base systems and will need to work on the front spreadsheet next. My front brakes suffered from the lack of use during no driving at the beginning of the Pandemic. Bad front pulsation, I think the rotor pillars are rusting away? Bosch rotors again for me.

More to come.........
zbyers

Re: 2009-2010 Vibe GT Rear Brake Parts Clarification

Post by zbyers »

Your difference basically comes in that the 2.4L, whether a base model, AWD, or GT, will have one set of brakes. The others with the 1.8L will have a different setup.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe