Part number for dashboard Airbag cover

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Renthorin

Part number for dashboard Airbag cover

Post by Renthorin »

So I had the second recall performed to again replace the airbags in the car. This time they broke one of the plastic clips that holds the passenger airbag dash cover down. The corner now sticks up about half an inch and annoys my CDO.

They tell me the part is on backorder. That was two months ago. I'm about to go to salvage yards/ebay to buy one but would like a new one if possible.

Anyone have a part number for the cover?

- Will
joatmon

Re: Part number for dashboard Airbag cover

Post by joatmon »

everywhere I look, including the 03 matrix parts catalog pdf, only shows the cover as being a part of the airbag assembly. Doesn't mean there isn't a separate part number for it, just that I looked and can't find it.
Renthorin

Post by Renthorin »

Yeah. I ended up snagging an assembly and took the dash cover off to replace my cover.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Just curious if the dealer will reimburse you for the part and your labor for fixing THEIR F***up
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
dougreed

Post by dougreed »

This must be a default feature of the recall service! That happened to me! Corner of cover sticks up about 1/4" now. Yes, with OCD it is a VERY big deal! :shock: