For free.. (A/C equipment)

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
Bookworm

For free.. (A/C equipment)

Post by Bookworm »

I've ended up with odds and ends of various tools that I've realized I'm not going to use.

Is there anyone in or around the Houston area that would like a set of hoses/gauges for refrigerant? They're old, but just a giveaway. I'll try to get pictures in the next couple of days.

I'll probably be getting rid of other things as well - our lease is being terminated, so we'll be moving within 4 months.
zbyers

Re: For free.. (A/C equipment)

Post by zbyers »

I believe user TRB is in the Houston area, however, it appears he hasn't been on the website in 3 years now. He's on FB (sadly).

sorry to hear about the lease issue, unless it was terminated on your end.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

zbyers wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:49 am I believe user TRB is in the Houston area, however, it appears he hasn't been on the website in 3 years now. He's on FB (sadly).

sorry to hear about the lease issue, unless it was terminated on your end.
Feel free to pass the word over. No, we're on a month to month lease, and have been since 2006. We've managed to negotiate an extension to let the kid finish school, so first of June instead of first of April.
trb

Post by trb »

Thanks Zack for the heads up! Bookworm, what part of town are you in? I usually just rent the tools when I need them, but I'd certainly be interested in a set of gauges. R134a? The evaporator in my Mustang is leaking so I do have to charge it up every few months until I get a chance to pull the whole interior apart! Thanks.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

trb wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:43 am Thanks Zack for the heads up! Bookworm, what part of town are you in? I usually just rent the tools when I need them, but I'd certainly be interested in a set of gauges. R134a? The evaporator in my Mustang is leaking so I do have to charge it up every few months until I get a chance to pull the whole interior apart! Thanks.
I don't know if they're 134a or not, right this minute. I have them all in a kitty litter bucket in my garage. I'll try to fish them out today and post up what I have.

I _think_ they're 134, not R12. I'll even toss in a can or two - I haven't needed any, so they're just taking up space for me.

Edit - sorry, I'm at 45 and 610 loop on the north side, East of the Heights.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

R-134A started being used in automotive applications with the '93 model year, pretty much just Chrysler products back then. Ford & GM followed the next year I believe. So if it's 25 years or less they would likely be 134a gauges
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

Thanks Bookworm. I grew up in Timbergrove next to the Heights and know that area well. I work off 290 and Mangum, so I could certainly drop by one evening.

Thanks Tim for the info. I've converted my 87 Mustang to r134a, and all of the rest of our cars are too, so that is the kind I need.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

trb wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:24 pm Thanks Tim for the info. I've converted my 87 Mustang to r134a, and all of the rest of our cars are too, so that is the kind I need.
Nice to hear from you again Tom .... it's been quite awhile. Face Book seems to make you guys brain dead to where you forget about us over here at the original GV site :o Don't be a total stranger from now on.

Back in the early 90's I worked for a small manufacturer where we made HVACR testing equipment and instruments. One of the "hot" items was a recovery/reclaim machine for the ozone depleting refrigerants back then. R12, 22, 500, & 502 were the targeted refrigerants being phased out at that time. Thus why my memory is still very clear from that time era.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I haven't had a chance to dig into the back of the 'garage' yet (it's a failed conversion to an efficiency apartment. )

Once I do, I'll have a better idea of what I can post up, and what the cables might be. They'll be able to be grabbed randomly, because they're in a kitty litter bucket with a lid, so I can even set it outside in the rain :)
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Apologies for the delay.

I pulled the bucket out, and it's a set of hoses compatible with R12, R22, and R134a. The gauges are probably R134a - one is missing the plastic cover over the gauge, but is otherwise intact. There appears to be some conversion parts (just a couple of nipples, really) for R12 to R134a.

I _really_ don't need a full set of gauges. All I'm ever likely to do is just a straight charge, and I have a single gauge short hose for a can for that :)