What is this part falling off my rear bumper?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
iNik

What is this part falling off my rear bumper?

Post by iNik »

I got rear-ended the other day, and the black trim piece on my rear bumper fell off. The rest of the bumper is fine, and I'd just as soon do this repair myself and keep the $ from the other person's insurance company. Only problem is that I don't know what this thing is called so I can replace it -- all the rear bumpers I've found seem to just have a gap where it is. It's a 2010 AWD.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, if there's a guide out there about how to replace it so I can look into whether something's broken there that will require more work, that'd be helpful, too.

Thanks a bunch!
--iNik2010 AWD with a crappy stereo
Caretaker

Re: What is this part falling off my rear bumper?

Post by Caretaker »

It is #18 on this gmpartsdirect.com illustration, but I'll be damned if I can find the name for #18. I think it is called the rear bumper fascia or bumper filler panel.
On Conicelli's website, Toyota calls it a spoiler. Don't look at the price if you are eating lunch:
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Yeah, I've seen it commonly referred to as lower bumper spoiler/fascia/valance. Not sure if the Toyota one would fit...for insurance purposes. :lol:

as for part 2 of your question, i believe it is just some push pins and/or 10mm bolt screw things that hold it on. There's not much too it since it is just a trim piece.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
jolt

Post by jolt »

Rear bumper lower fascia and there appears to be two different versions. The vented one and the solid one. Your picture looks to be the vented one.
rear bumper lower fascia.jpg
rear bumper lower fascia.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
Install info :
1. Position the rear bumper lower fascia to the rear fascia and engage the lower retaining tabs.
2. Install the two clips.

The solid fascia is different mounting then this one and uses two clips and the ten retainers to hold in place.