yvngvibe - 2009 Vibe base 2.4L Auto

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
yvngvibe

yvngvibe - 2009 Vibe base 2.4L Auto

Post by yvngvibe »

Welcome to my garage! This is my first post on genvibe. This is my first car and the start of something big. It used to be our family's daily runner for 10 years before I got it. It has 161,631 miles on it and is still going strong. It is a...

2009 Base Liquid Platinum (20U / WA603R) 2.4L 5-Speed Automatic

I am planning to do mods to make it look better and go faster. I plan on updating my garage whenever they happen or are in the near future. Here are some of the mods or changes that I have done and the ones I plan on doing next.

Stereo upgrade: Bought Via Crutchfield.com, I highly recommend them because they put everything together nicely. Scosche via eBay.
Stereo System Sony WX-920BT
Metra 40-CR10 Antenna Adapter
Metra 70-2105 Receiver Wiring Harness
Scosche Stereo Radio Dash Mount Trim Kit - Recommend this one over the cheap plastic Metra one. It's metal and sorta depth adjustable for a good fit.

Wheels: Bought via Carid.com.
Konig Control Matte Black - 16 x 7 | 5 x 100
Hub Centric Rings(Carid ones were the wrong size) - 73.1mm - 60.1mm Amazon link

-Removed old window decals and dealer badge.

-Wheel Stud broke and I replaced it with a Dorman 610-266 stud but couldn't get it all the way in.(Solved)
The best way to center wheel studs is to rotate the hub so that the stud is able to get straight in and out without hitting anything. Next purchase a Lisle 22800 Wheels stud installer and grab a wheel nut and pull the stud through with a ratchet. This is the link to the installer. Heads up it is much cheaper on amazon than at your local autoparts store.
Lisle 22800 Wheel Stud Installer - Amazon Link
Spare Lug/Wheel Nuts Part # - Dorman 611-109.1 (98953.1)

Near Future Mods:
Tinted windows ~5%
Side Window Deflectors - Anyone know any good brands?
TRD Front Strut Brace - Should I do a Sway Bar?
Fog Light Installation
Air Intake - SRI K & N or cosmo racing?

Farther Future Mods:
Coilovers/Struts Upgrade
Magnumflow Catback Exhaust
internal engine mods/upgrades
Turbo

Any thoughts or advice?
Last edited by yvngvibe on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vibenvy

Re: yvngvibe - 2009 Vibe base 2.4L Auto

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe!

For side window deflectors, I highly recommend WeatherTech. We've had them on both our Vibes since 2012 and they look and fit great. The rear ones are not listed for 09-10 Vibes though. You need to order the front and rear set for the 09-13 Matrix (#82481). Also, you will want to remove the double sided tape that comes on the rears and replace it with 3M Super Strong Moulding Tape which can be found in the automotive section at Walmart for about $5.00.

I would definitely recommend adding the TRD rear sway bar as I've heard it makes a huge difference in handling.

For an intake, I recommend the K&N SRI. We've had K&N SRIs on both our Vibes almost since they were new and have never had any issues with them. The K&N fits, looks and sounds great!

Feel free to check out the Garages for mine and my mom's Vibes (linked in my signature below). I have done quite a few things to both of them, so you may get some more ideas for yours. If you have any other questions or anything, let me know!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage