Sun Roof Leaks

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle

Sun Roof Leaks

Post by 2006 »

I've been looking for another Vibe to add to the collection, but have been avoiding anything with a sunroof as most people I know who have had a sunroof experienced leaks. I am aware of the need to clean the drains and seals.....but are leaks common with VIbes? I am looking particularly at 03-09.

Thank you in advance,
Paul
joatmon

Re: Sun Roof Leaks

Post by joatmon »

I've had 2 03 vibes, my son has an 03 matrix, all 3 with sunroofs, and between them we've driven about 500k miles. Twice we had minor issues with clogged drains. It wasn't a big deal, I had a whole lot more water inside when a pasender kicked the AC drain hose, which is not related to the roof

I almost never open mine but I really like having the transparent ceiling. If I bought another, I'd get one with a sunroof. There are various posts here about leaking roofs, and if you count them they may seem common, but not compared to the millions of leak free miles that don't get posted.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

At this point, they are 15 year old cars and seals do wear out so I wouldn't think it'd be too far out of the question to have the potential to leak. With that said, my 03 GT with 270k miles on it leaks, but not the other 6 our family owns.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe

Post by 2006 »

Thanks for the replies guys, it is greatly appreciated. Yeah, if it was that much of a problem I'm sure there would be A LOT more posts on this subject. I shouldn't scrap the idea of getting a Vibe only for the reason it has a sunroof.....that is assuming I would buy it in the first place due to price/condition. Thanks again.