Vinyl wrapping

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
taheny99

Vinyl wrapping

Post by taheny99 »

Has anyone vinyl wrapped their vibe? I know a couple people have but i just wanna get some input. I cannot decide what color I wanna do. At first I was dead set on just matte white, then snow camo, and then black rose. I just can’t decide. What colors do you guys think would look good? I have a 2003 base in the dark salsa color with the light gray trim, and my paint is pretty bad. I plan on lowering it and getting some deep wheels for some negative camber, and I wanna go for that stance good. So if you guys have any suggestions for colors please let me know. Thanks.
SlammedNiss

Re: Vinyl wrapping

Post by SlammedNiss »

taheny99 wrote:Has anyone vinyl wrapped their vibe? I know a couple people have but i just wanna get some input. I cannot decide what color I wanna do. At first I was dead set on just matte white, then snow camo, and then black rose. I just can’t decide. What colors do you guys think would look good? I have a 2003 base in the dark salsa color with the light gray trim, and my paint is pretty bad. I plan on lowering it and getting some deep wheels for some negative camber, and I wanna go for that stance good. So if you guys have any suggestions for colors please let me know. Thanks.
Anything matte will be extremely difficult to keep clean, so keep that in mind. Had a friend who wrapped him BMW in a matte green and he didn't even keep it on for a year. Also, depending on how bad the "paint is pretty bad" the vinyl will show whatever is underneath it to a certain extent.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
jolt

Post by jolt »

And you seen this post: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=46491
Svdharma

Post by Svdharma »

I was considering a vinyl wrap for my 09, which had kinda rough paint, but I decided having the car repainted instead is worth it. I did all the prep work (took 3 weeks working 10 hours/day) and dropped it off at Maaco for a PPG base/clear system (cost = $1100 for epoxy sealer, factory color paint, and 3 coats clear). I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow, so I'm not sure how its turned out yet, but all the professional vinyl installers say you need nearly perfect paint for a good looking installation, and you are going to spend $500 just for the vinyl and probably another $500 for installation. At that point, I figured I'd rather pay $1100 for a semi-decent paint job that should last 10 years than pay $1000 for a shitty vinyl install that will last between one and three years. (shitty because every rock chip, flake, and gauge in the paint will show through the vinyl). Of course, that just my $0.02, but I think if you really start looking at vinyl jobs you'll see you aren't going to get what you want unless you paint is perfect anyway. Also, see if you can find a 1+ year old vinyl job to look at. There is a reason why all the pics on the internet are of fresh installations.