Installed Vinyl Sun Visor Strip 2010 Vibe

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
orlando3131

Installed Vinyl Sun Visor Strip 2010 Vibe

Post by orlando3131 »

I had to have my cracked windshield replaced so I decided to put on a new sun strip to help block some of the Florida Sun. Pretty easy install. I went with a matte black finish and only went an inch below the AS1 line so I hopefully don't draw any attention to myself and get a ticket. Only $13.00 on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sun-Strip-Viso ... 4902.l9144

tpollauf

Re: Installed Vinyl Sun Visor Strip 2010 Vibe

Post by tpollauf »

Looks good ;) On the topic of windshield replacements .... my son's 2009 Vibe GT needed a new windshield a couple years ago and we had Safelite locally do it for us. Since then he noticed the windshield wipers, especially drivers side, do not work as well. Meaning that they do not constantly swipe the glass surface complete. I determined after inspecting it against my Vibe (still original windshield) that the curvature is slightly different and could be the reason for the change. Just curious if you'll have similar problems when driving in the rain?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
orlando3131

Re: Installed Vinyl Sun Visor Strip 2010 Vibe

Post by orlando3131 »

tpollauf wrote:Looks good ;) On the topic of windshield replacements .... my son's 2009 Vibe GT needed a new windshield a couple years ago and we had Safelite locally do it for us. Since then he noticed the windshield wipers, especially drivers side, do not work as well. Meaning that they do not constantly swipe the glass surface complete. I determined after inspecting it against my Vibe (still original windshield) that the curvature is slightly different and could be the reason for the change. Just curious if you'll have similar problems when driving in the rain?
I had Safelite replace my glass as well and although it wasn't an OEM windshield it did look like an exact sized replacement with the right curvature. I also replaced my wipers to go with the new windshield. I bought some Michelin Stealth XT Hybrid Wiper Blades from walmart. It did rain a little after the windshield was installed and it wiped perfectly and quietly, all 26 inches of the drivers wiper made contact with the glass. I was gonna go with the cheaper Michelin High performance wipers for 5 bucks each but they ran out of the 26 in. ones so I had to go with the more expensive wiper that were 11 bucks each. I'm glad I did, the metal wiper is covered with rubber so if it accidentally falls on your hood while your trying to remove or install it, it won't scratch your paint.