the vibe can haul........

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Sublimewind

Re: (AZViking)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by AZViking »Yeah, I almost didn't post mine when I saw your pics. I figure if my daughter's carseat was on the driver's side, I could've put all 22 bags of mulch inside. that's crazy talk.... never consider NOT posting... never...lol...
infoblues

Re: the vibe can haul........ (coratz)

Post by infoblues »

Quote, originally posted by coratz »just what are some of the larger crazy things have you guys hauled??its really a car with truck capabilities.. the biggest things we have hauled include:- a fully assembled armoire (approx. 68"x35"x25"); we had to stick a wee bit out of the hatch though- a very heavy early 1900's oak chest of drawers- an 8' rug after folding down the front passenger seat
Pontiac Vibe2004 / FWD / Auto / Frosty WhiteABS / Side Airbags
BlueCrush

Re: the vibe can haul........ (infoblues)

Post by BlueCrush »

How about 700 LBS of SAND!!!!!!!!11 (10) 70lb. tubes of Sand:You can't do that with a lowered Vibe!!!! Unloaded and back to normal!!! These are for our dog's sandbox(litterbox) outside.. YES, our dogs are trained to go to the bathroom in the sandbox. NO, kids are not allowed to play in the sandbox. (unless they are bad) Hahahaha!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kowell

Post by kowell »

A 7 feet long x 2 feet wide box with the trunk closed and 2 person in the car.... Thank god for the reclining front passenger seet in the 09
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
NibCrom

Re: (kowell)

Post by NibCrom »

Three bookcases.Or a crapload of Star Wars toys.
Boomer Vibe

Re: the vibe can haul........ (BlueCrush)

Post by Boomer Vibe »

Just got home from the Menard's myself with what I needed to redo the sidewalk by my house: 12 bags of Quik-Krete (60# X 12 = 720#) 4-8' 2x4s, plus misc stuff (you can't go to Menard's without getting misc stuff)I found that this would be a really cheap lowering kit (about $60). It dropped the rear about 3 inches, but it did not really affect ride that much. It would probably make a half ton pickup drop that much though. The Vibe can really HAUL!!!!!!
bull77

Post by bull77 »

couple weeks ago, we took a twin mattress and boxspring on the roof -- didn't even notice it was there on the highway
blue_can

Re: (bull77)

Post by blue_can »

Some remnamt granite slabs – not too big but heavy.A sofa chair – just about got it in (height was the issue) – however I was able to partially bring down the tailgate while leaving the hatch window also partially open. Framing lumber.Long pieces of moulding/trim (14’ – left them sticking out of the rear hatch window).12’ long steel bars – again had them poking out of the hatch window.Plywood – had to have it cut into half as the width was too much. However, I could probably have brought the full piece on the roof rack – I need to look into replacing the antenna with something that does not get in the way.3’ x 7’ Luan sheets.I also installed a hitch and wiring for the lighting but yet to use it for anything.
'07 Vibe
DeClerq

Post by DeClerq »

Over the years:Dishwasher2 Storm doors (still in the box)8' landscaping timbers (up to 8 at a time)Countless bags of mulch and gravel2 4'x8' pieces of plywood (cut in half)some 2"x6"x10'sGlass shower door
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
barnhart_pinball

Re: the vibe can haul...(hatch opening dimensions?)

Post by barnhart_pinball »

Wow, had no idea this little (removed) was so versitile! One of the members (also pinball person, thanks member Dianebrat) told me she got a pinball machine in hers. I'm doing the same (now that I know this) - but this one is a bit larger. Does anyone have a diagram or measurements for the hatch opening (as the width decreases as it goes up)? My wife has the 2008 Vibe in Chi-town for a few days and looking to see if it'll fit (picking pinball up - 3 hours away) or if I need to rent a van (rather not). I don't want to drive all that way to discover it doesn't fit. Thanks for any help!
Mitch2008 Salsa Vibe GT 16" alloys, sun & sound, factory alarm system, 30% tinted windows.
Aglaia

Re: the vibe can haul........ (CoolAKid)

Post by Aglaia »

>But one of my favorite things about the Vibe is that the rear glass >opens if you want to haul long objects, but don't want the hatch open.Hey, how do you open that? I thought that window opened when I purchased my 09 Vibe, never seen it in action, and never tired it since I got it a couple of months ago.
nygiantzz1

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Aglaia)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

The hatch glass does not open on the 09, On the 08's and earlier, it does.
Photoshots

Re: the vibe can haul........ (nygiantzz1)

Post by Photoshots »

I love garage sales and my GF cannot believe what will fit in the "magic-car" as she calls it. Here is some of the stuff I have hauled in the last month:10Ft piece of rebar (even with hatch closed)a 36" tube TVa full size motorized tread milla 5hp branch chipper8 pieces 2'x8' 3/4" plywoodGlider chair with gliding foot stool
PhotoshotsBedford Texas2004 Vibe, Salsa, MonochromeMoon & toon, XM, Side airbags.
AZViking

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Photoshots)

Post by AZViking »

Ok, I'm trying to decide how I'm going to haul this in the vibe. Entertainment center 65"H x 42"W x 17" D. I've measured, and it should fit flat in the cargo area, but I'm concerned about me being able to drive it (driver's seat would have to be as far forward as I can get it and still be able to drive the mile and a half to my house.Edit... here's a pic from craigslist.

Attached files
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
Sublimewind

Re: the vibe can haul........ (AZViking)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by AZViking »Ok, I'm trying to decide how I'm going to haul this in the vibe. Entertainment center 65"H x 42"W x 17" D. I've measured, and it should fit flat in the cargo area, but I'm concerned about me being able to drive it (driver's seat would have to be as far forward as I can get it and still be able to drive the mile and a half to my house.Edit... here's a pic from craigslist.But, will it got through the hole?? Do eet... get someone short to drive.. ride on the roofrack..
joatmon

Re: the vibe can haul........

Post by joatmon »

http://www.springfieldnewssun.....htmla story about a lady who took an alpaca on a visit to a nursing home, in her Vibe

Attached files
ned23

Post by ned23 »

I hauled a washer too, with the appliance dolley next to it. Last fall I hauled three 5500 watt generators from Costco, in the box, during a power outage from Ike. I could probably have fit a 4th. You should have seen the look on the Costco employees face when I pulled the vibe up to get it loaded. Got a lot of looks on the freeway, too. The interior space is larger square than a standard 28-inch interior door, so it will haul any household item that will fit through a 28-inch door and is less than 38-inches on the other side and up to 5 feet long. I'm betting you can actually fit some 18 ft3 refrigerators in the Vibe, although they'd hang out the back. They're usually 28" x 35".
808 Vibes

Re: the vibe can haul........ (joatmon)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »http://www.springfieldnewssun.....htmla story about a lady who took an alpaca on a visit to a nursing home, in her VibeAWWWWwwwwwwwwwwww
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I hauled a rear door, rear bumper, and rear quarter cut quarter panel from a Grand Prix GT. I had to take the quarter panel in it's own trip bc of the massive amount that they cut out. After everything was done, I was kicking myself for not taking pics to post on here.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

http://www.brownsvilleherald.c....htmlQuote »Police Briefs: Nearly $1 million in cocaine seized at international bridgeJuly 2, 2009 - 8:33 PMThe Brownsville HeraldA Brownsville teen was arrested at B&M International Bridge after Customs and Border Protection officers found more than 29 pounds of cocaine worth nearly $1 million in her vehicle Wednesday afternoon, police saidMaricela Urialez, 17, was arrested and charged by Brownsville police with possession of a cocaine with intent to deliver, said police spokesman Sgt. Manrrique.Brownsville police is in charge of the case because federal agencies don't prosecute individuals under the age of 18, Manrrique said.The arrest took place when Urialez drove a 2007 Pontiac Vibe to an inspection booth and was referred to secondary inspection, said a CBP press release.At the secondary inspection officers used Jackhammer, a drug detecting canine, to confirm the presence of drugs in the vehicle's dashboard area, where an intensive search revealed 20 packages of the illegal drug, CBP said.Urialez told police she was driving the car for a friend and said she knew the vehicle had "some kind of illegal drug" hidden inside, Manrrique said.The drugs have a street value of $938,000, CBP said.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

That's alot for any vehicle to carry.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
BlueCrush

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by BlueCrush »

I hauled an old & new washing machine in my Vibe last weekend...
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
moonstonemike

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by moonstonemike »

Yesterday I hauled a bathtub, vanity with sink, and toilet and the faucets, all still in the boxes with the door shut. All I could say the whole way home was I love this car
VibeBear

Post by VibeBear »

hmm since I bought the Vibe last Oct, I've hauled:• 5 bales of insulation• winter tires & rims for the G6, all season tires from the Vibe, 1 18kg bag of kitty litter, 1 18kg bag of cat food, 1 18kg bag of dog food and a suitcase (this was one load)• rear bumper for the G6, xmas presents & suitcases• dishwasher
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305/5-speed, Bright Dark Teal
2009 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L/5-speed, Carbon Grey
AZViking

Re: (VibeBear)

Post by AZViking »

I just hauled about twenty four 30 gallon bags full of mulched leaves to the dump yesterday. Rear seats and passenger seat folded down, and only enough room inside for the driver. Now, off to the car wash at lunch time for a wash and a thorough vacuuming. Had to slam the rear hatch a few times to get them all in, but I was not going to let the leaves sit and ferment one more week in our garage!
DeeG

Post by DeeG »

I'm still amazed at what this little car will haul. On one trip we hauled three road bicycles (inside) camping gear, four cases of wine, 3) 25lbs sacks rice and beans (6 bags total), a weeks worth of clothes and food, three cases of m/c oil, 2 cases of car oil, and three pairs of x/c skis (on the roof). Plus various purchases from REI, Home Depot, Sportsmans Warehouse, other items from Costco, several yards of fabric, and other things. We try to make our trips to Montana worthwhile: ride bikes, ski and shop. Too bad the car isn't a bit longer and taller. Had to haul a 125cc Moto Guzzi motorcycle back from Colorado. Wouldn't fit in the Vibe, but the Element held it quite nicely. :-)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

The latest big video shoot, several hundred thousand dollars of rented and owned equipment in the back with room for more! Every time I go to pick up equipment, the supplier gives us the look of doubt... as in "There is no way in hell this stuff is going to fit into that car." I smile and say, "No worries, we can fit more than that..."
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
blue_can

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by blue_can »

I've been remodellng my yard and have been using the Vibe to haul a lot of heavy materials (concrete mix, concrete block etc). Yesterday I wanted to purchase some natural stone veneer and stone wall caps for a garden wall in the yard. I usually try not to exceed the max weight rating. However, the guys at the place I bought material had no idea and guessed at the weight of the items which turned out to be way below the real weight - for example they told me one of the boxes of veneer weighed 20lbs when it in fact weighed 60lbs. When I unloaded the car I weighted the material out of curiosity and found I had hauled roughly 1200lbs including my own weight which is not much (130lbs).The Vibe hauled the load effortlessly and had no problem climbing a fairly steep mountain on the freeway. In fact the way the engine was responding it felt no different to not having any cargo.
'07 Vibe
AdmRose

Post by AdmRose »

600 lbs of sand.
2004 AWD Vibe - "The Indignant"- Traded in 7/9/12
2010 Honda Insight EX - Current ride
shaeet

Post by shaeet »

i was able to put BOTH the washer & dryer (i think they were the standard 27" size) in my vibe on their sides. I had to have my front seat mashed way up forward & tie the trunk down but it worke dout.got a pair of used GE washer/dryer for $100 on craigslist for my house..they work good too! hehehehehe
04 XRS 2ZZ-GE: Injen CAI, hotchkis sways, sportlines on gr2's, brz rims
(Soon For Sale) 05 Vibe 1ZZ auto, 02 WRX Stage 4, 09 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Hauled a recliner today, not a small or light one by any means but it fit with the hatch closed. Gotta love the little window being open though. lol. I actually folded down my back seat to make room for a couch but it was to high, however my brother in law was amazed when I laid down those second row seats and the inside of the car just opened up.
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
Zer0VIBE03

Re: (bassrocker032)

Post by Zer0VIBE03 »

don't know if I ever posted in this one but I was the car chosen for a car trip.Packed in four passengers (plus myself)Clothes for us all to wear for 8 daysDrinking supplies and coolersOn our way up we stopped at the store and got:Food for the 8 daysBug spraySeveral bags of iceWith a roof bag that was packed full of bedding/beer I still managed almost 28mpg on a 500 mile trip to Michigan.
2003 "Lava" Vibe
futureviber

Post by futureviber »

My Husband and I were moving a few weeks ago and he was doubtful everytime I put more stuff in my Vibe saying "it'll fit" Tv's, computers, books, clothes.... whatever it'll fit! It makes a GREAT getaway car!When I moved home from Indy a couple years ago I fit EVERYTHING in my car in 1 trip. My roommate and I's relationship ended badly (we worked at the same place and she was leaving and tried to get me fired too) so I packed all my clothes, furniture, food and even my yoga ball (which i could have deflated if necessary) into the Vibe and was on my merry way home and away from the crazyness.
blue_can

Re: (futureviber)

Post by blue_can »

I recently helped my friend move and with all the seats down including the front we moved everything in 2 trips. I've transported nearly all the heavy materials for my yard remodel in the Vibe and now the rear suspension seems to sag a bit compared to when it was new. Has anyone upgraded the suspension from stock to be able to transport heavy stuff without the sag.I also recently transported 12' long 2x4s. The ability to open the rear window is very helpful for this. I believe the newer models do not have this feature. A while back I also transported some 14' steel bars.I recently fitted crossbars for the roof rack. I used it for the first time a few days ago to transport some remesh panels. Worked great. I might try seeing if I can use it to transport 20' rebar as it works out much cheaper than buying the smaller pieces.I now just need a trailer
'07 Vibe
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Fit a washer and drier in the back today with the hatch closed, but the small window was open, still, that's alot to fit in a 5 seater that get's 30+ MPG.
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
AZViking

Re: (bassrocker032)

Post by AZViking »

It's that time of year again. This was taken earlier this month, hauling band instruments for my wife between her three schools. This was one of the loads (rear seat folded down without our daughter's carseat). She packed a few French Horns in the back of the Sportage, but I hauled the Tubas/Baritones/Trombone/Saxes/etc.

Attached files
AZViking

Re: (AZViking)

Post by AZViking »

And here is the 'after' as we unloaded at one of her elementary schools.

Attached files
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

well i have my subwoofers in the trunk...2 12's ( not a small box) and i had 8 people in the car...... boy i was glad i was driving i had some nice room but there was 2 in passenger seat, 4 in the back seat and 2 in the trunk. (People in trunk were REALLLY skinny and were slammed against the wall
BLACKEDOUTVIB04 Abyss Vibe 5 spdCosmo Racing Cold Air Intake Custom Cat-back Exhaust20% Tint All AroundAlpine Head Unit, Eclipse 800w Amp, 2 12" subs ported/neon. Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Brought a treadmill home from California over the weekend, but no pics.
AZViking

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by AZViking »

Hauled twelve 39-gallon leaf bags (all chopped/mulched leaves) to the dump on Sunday. Had the back seats and front passenger seat folded down to make it all fit. Last night, we picked up a new 32" x 80" steel door for our garage that I will be replacing this weekend. Gotta love the roof rack. Another Vibe pulled up next to ours on the street and stared at our cargo, guess they don't use their roof rack, much.
The Lox

Post by The Lox »

My Wife and I loaded up a Cannon 24 gun safe from Cabelas one night. I think it weighed about 600+ lbs.
2008 Wave 5-Speed (Mine)2007 Platinum Auto (Hers)
Mike13579

Re: (The Lox)

Post by Mike13579 »

I was able to fit 20 boxes of wood flooring and still have room for the seat to be up.
GDVibes

Post by GDVibes »

The biggest was a dresser that I helped move from Myrtle Beach, SC to Nakina, NC. That's about a 40mi trip, and I live in the center of the trip.. Couple good bridges, few hills, and definitely many curves and turns, stops and goes.. I personally felt that the car drives way better with the weight.The dresser weighed in the 400lb range. I had to scoot the seat way to the top, and me being 6' 1", and being built pretty big.. Tight fit. Total weight that day was probably about 900lbs. Had 2 people sitting in the front passenger seat The heaviest was about 1200lbs of meat. No photo, but the restaurant I work for asked me to go to the other store up on 501 and pick up meat, as we were fresh out. Took it down the highway, and a few backroads, and it didn't seem like my Vibe even noticed the weight amongst those roads
~2005 Base Vibe~- Cosmo Racing CAI- Pioneer HU- 14% tint- DRL/Auto light delete- Debaged
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

An IKEA trip approx. 1,000 lbs. I have my cargo box on top too that is completely full.
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

I just went out tonight to get a dresser for baby clothes and a baby bed and I thought I'd had to leave the tailgate open with a bungee cord... or even leave ONE of the teo items there and come back later...When I got there, the guy selling the stuff asked me what the car was, he didn't thought the dresser would fit... I told him quite proudly: I have a VIBE... it hauls more than many people would think! Let's just hope they're right!!!So we got the dresser out and put it in, he was like: "oh... well, okay it fits cleanly". But then, we had the bed to put in (disassembled, of course) but then we noticed there was a lack of space between the dresser and the roof because of the way the roof curves near the tailgate opening... so instead we put the bed sides and bottom panel in first, then the matress and then the dresser: perfect fit! I couldn't have asked for better!The guy wasn't stunned, but he was like: oh, well, great! It DOES fit!It's not an amazing hauling story, but I am proud it did fit. It wouldn't have in my Golf 96, though it had a good cargo.It was too dark for a picture.Oh, and funny fact: while loading, I kept thinking to myself about this thread, because I have fun reading it, and now I had my first hauling experience and could finally share it on here
anchorsteam

Re: (alex_nrv)

Post by anchorsteam »

-SWR bass amp (60 lbs and size of a mini fridge)-Two guitar amps (size of small-med TVs)-guitar pedalboard-two electric guitars-two bass guitars-five adult males and their bagsFortunately this was only for three miles or so coming back from our show last night... The thing was PACKED! The vibe definitely proved itself over the first weekend out-of-town trip. I tried to grab a pic but it was too dark. It was pretty hilarious watching two of my bandmates share a seat while everyone else has instruments piled on top of them...
AZViking

Re: (alex_nrv)

Post by AZViking »

Just finished another season of hauling leaves to the city drop-off site. $2/carload, and I fill the Vibe to capacity (often leaving only enough room for myself) with full 39 gallon bags of mulched leaves, and a couple of trips with as many branches as I could fit (with all the seats flat.
JLDs2003Vibe

Post by JLDs2003Vibe »

I hauled a new, queen size memory foam mattress in it. Had to fold the mattress in half and used tie downs to hold it together. With the front seat folded down it encroached a little into the drivers side but not bad. After the 3 hour drive where I was going it was worse than I expected but I got it there!!! Love the Vibe!
Stock, for now, 2003 Vibe.Joe
BurnOnyx08

Post by BurnOnyx08 »

Just did a 50km trip with a 1973 Honda CB750 (my winter project) stripped down into parts with extra rims. All seats down and doors closed, going to put pics in my garage as soon as I get them off my camera. Was around 400 lbs total
moonstonemike

Re: (BurnOnyx08)

Post by moonstonemike »

I just picked this up but it took both mine and my wifes vibe.I might have been able to fit it if it was unboxed but it came in three boxes.One 40X45X22 second 21X30X45 and the cabinet box was about 25X25X65