Your Vibe's name

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
canadave

Your Vibe's name

Post by canadave »

Was just reading member Mark's post in this forum about handing off "Frosty", his white Vibe. Great name! It made me wonder...what names do your Vibes have, and what's the story behind them?

We have two Vibes. Our first one was our 04 orange Vibe. Since my wife, who would be driving the car, has red hair, and since the car is orange, we named her "Ginger" (the car, not my wife!). The name had a dual meaning for us, since Ginger was of course the buxom redhead on Gilligan's Island.

We recently bought our second Vibe, an 09 in silver livery. We were wondering what to call it. The lady who sold it to us (private sale) said that she called it "Mary Chestnut", because her daughter was named Mary, and Mary rode a horse named Chestnut.

We wanted to honour our new Vibe's heritage somehow, and it suddenly struck us. In keeping with the Gilligan's Island theme, we decided to name her "Mary Ann"! :)

What about yours?
2009 base Vibe, silver"
lannvouivre

Re: Your Vibe's name

Post by lannvouivre »

Epona! Named after Link's horse. My first name is Leigh (pronounced "Lee) so I always named my save files Leighnk.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Derf

Post by Derf »

Bandit, from Jonny Quest. Always going on adventures, running into the unexpected, and keeping out of trouble.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

You know, it's funny because I'm quite the car enthusiast, but I've never been one to name my vehicles. I just call my Vibe "the Vibe," "my Vibe", etc. Nothing special :|.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Red Mist. Named after the villain in the movie "Kickass". Also, The condition where ego or testosterone poisoning overcomes one's knowledge of one's mortality. Generally entered when a driver is passed, or sees a faster car ahead to try and catch. Results in missed flags, embarrassment, and an oops at worst. Or anger, because she's an angry little thing.
finebead

Post by finebead »

Like others, I just call mine "the Vibe", but I still love it! I don't need a pickup truck, but occasionally I need some reconfiguration ability to move something a bit larger than normal. Yesterday I brought home a used office chair (fully ergonomic, heavy, a real honest to god great chair from a used office furniture company here in Houston), and then I really appreciate having it. Then I washed and waxed it (Meguairs NXT 2.0 liquid wax). It came out so good at 7 years old that I thought I'd put up a pic for everyone. My wife drives it to work and it sits outside all day, but its in the garage whenever it is at home. With the black interior, I put a ceramic tint on it and it is quite helpful here in Houston keeping the inside cool on hot days, and we have a lot of hot humid days. It has 65K miles on it, mostly city, a few 300 to 700 mile trips. Gas mileage is 22 city and 32 highway. Unfortunately it uses oil.

Mark

Post by Mark »

When I just had one, it was "The Vibe". When I got a second one I started calling them by their paint colors: Frosty and Stealth.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15802

You should be able to find your paint code, I think it's on a sticker in the glove box maybe, and start calling your Vibe by it's proper name. :D
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

Mark wrote:You should be able to find your paint code, I think it's on a sticker in the glove box maybe, and start calling your Vibe by it's proper name. :D
I'm not calling my Vibe "Lava"....

I think I only named my first car. It was a 1988 Ford Festiva that we called Scooter. (It had a few other nicknames, too, that included "pregnant roller skate")
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

vibenvy wrote:You know, it's funny because I'm quite the car enthusiast, but I've never been one to name my vehicles. I just call my Vibe "the Vibe," "my Vibe", etc. Nothing special :|.
Same here. "Vibe" works almost as good as "Beetle" works for the old VeeDubs.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

I call mine the car.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

My red '09 is Scarlett
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

"Vibe" seems to work quite well.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Mark wrote:When I just had one, it was "The Vibe". When I got a second one I started calling them by their paint colors: Frosty and Stealth.
It would take way too long to call my Vibe "Liquid Platinum Metallic" and I'm pretty sure my mom's not going to call hers "Steel Blue Metallic" :lol:!

This idea definitely only applies to the 1st gens since they had actual color "names".

I suppose I could call mine "Liquid" and my mom's "Steel" for short though, but than those would be nicknames and not names :P.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
MorbidAngel

Post by MorbidAngel »

Mine is Red Baron ! :D
Attachments
11174389_10153345301443623_4768449204232801267_o.jpg
11174389_10153345301443623_4768449204232801267_o.jpg (127.39 KiB) Viewed 7860 times
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I named her Robyn after my aunt who passed away. Long story short, I turned 21 and my Aunt Robyn called me and said "Go do something I wouldn't do!"
Two days later I totaled my '96 Volvo 850 pretty bad and she called me and said "You sure as hell did something I wouldn't!" She ended up passing away extremely unexpectedly two months before I bought my car and it just seemed like a fitting name.

'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
sideswipe29

Post by sideswipe29 »

I've named my vibe Chromia in refference to the Transformer from the old G1 cartoon.

I've loved Transformers since I was 4 and I thought it was only fitting for my car to have a name that referenced my favorite franchise.
Melissa18L

Post by Melissa18L »

aw. i love ginger thats awesome. my orange vibe is "tangerine" ...but you gotta sing it like the led zeppelin song...taannnggerine
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow!
Melissa 1.8L - 2005 Fusion Orange Metallic Moon and Tunes Gen1 AWD 1.8L "TANGERINE"
Melissa18L

Post by Melissa18L »

vibrologist wrote:
vibenvy wrote:You know, it's funny because I'm quite the car enthusiast, but I've never been one to name my vehicles. I just call my Vibe "the Vibe," "my Vibe", etc. Nothing special :|.
Same here. "Vibe" works almost as good as "Beetle" works for the old VeeDubs.
what? not "that dub" :)
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow!
Melissa 1.8L - 2005 Fusion Orange Metallic Moon and Tunes Gen1 AWD 1.8L "TANGERINE"
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Melissa18L, I know it dates me. ;)
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

My Vibe is called "Vibie" pronounced "Vi-bee". For a long time it was just the Vibe, but it naturally progressed to Vibie.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
LavaIlliniVibe

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

Vibey-Wibey

Original, huh? lol and... he is a strong male. lol :P

165,000 and goin' strong!!!
LavaIlliniVibe

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

By the way, "Vibey-Wibey" is a Lava 2004 stud
03basevibesalsa

Post by 03basevibesalsa »

Still thinking of a name for mine

Definitely a she, just don't know what I'll name her

I'll probably make a decision after my driver's test
2003 base 4 speed auto FWD

If it ain't broken, don't attempt to fix it and in turn end up breaking it
Transylvania

Post by Transylvania »

My 2010 white Vibe is called Isabella...might or might not be the name of an old crush of mine from the 80s...😜
03basevibesalsa

Post by 03basevibesalsa »

Bit of an update on my vibe's name

Even though I haven't done my actual road test, I had decided on a name before I was initially scheduled to do it (curse this pandemic)

Delilah

Yes, the same as that song, but it doesn't have much to do with that. It just seems like a fitting name for her
2003 base 4 speed auto FWD

If it ain't broken, don't attempt to fix it and in turn end up breaking it
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

Mine doesn't have a name, but because it's white/grey and the paint's beat up badly, I'm thinking about putting an alphanumeric designation, ship name, and UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS down the side of it, along with a few appropriate insignia.
2006 AWD, 207k
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I'd suggest SS Botany Bay, Khan Noonien Singh's vessel, to represent your genetically superior vehicle. Here's what's on the back of my two cars:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

Caretaker wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:21 am I'd suggest SS Botany Bay, Khan Noonien Singh's vessel, to represent your genetically superior vehicle. Here's what's on the back of my two cars:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0
wait, I thought this was Ceti Alpha 6. Oh no....
2006 AWD, 207k
Harmony09

Post by Harmony09 »

vibenvy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:59 pm
Mark wrote:When I just had one, it was "The Vibe". When I got a second one I started calling them by their paint colors: Frosty and Stealth.
It would take way too long to call my Vibe "Liquid Platinum Metallic" and I'm pretty sure my mom's not going to call hers "Steel Blue Metallic" :lol:!

This idea definitely only applies to the 1st gens since they had actual color "names".

I suppose I could call mine "Liquid" and my mom's "Steel" for short though, but than those would be nicknames and not names :P.
I am new here so forgive me if I didn't reply in the correct way. I am trying to figure this forum out. My 09 Vibe is named Harmony because I am a big music lover and when I took her for a test drive...I turned up the music and it was a beautiful harmony 😍. I knew I loved her at that moment.
Jedman

Post by Jedman »

I bought my 2010 White Vibe on New Years Eve 2021 the same day that Betty White passed away so I like the name Betty so that’s what my wife and I will call “ her”. I have even ordered a decal with a nice smiling pose of Betty White that will go on the back of my Vibe.
My wife’s car is a 2018 VW Golf Sportwagen and her nickname is Braun Hilda, my wife loves the car.

Jedman