Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
vibenvy

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary

Post by vibenvy »

For anyone who isn't aware, this past Thursday, August 28th, was the 30th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of the movie Ghostbusters. Starting this past Friday, August 29th, and running for one week only, Ghostbusters has been re-released in select theaters across the country. I am lucky enough to be about 30 minutes from one of the theaters that's showing it (Tinseltown Cinemark in Aurora, IL), so my mom and I went to see it yesterday. It was amazing! The movie was so grainy compared to the fancy HD movies of today! I loved seeing all the 80s pop culture goodness on the big screen! And best of all, because we went to the first showing of the day (1:35 pm), tickets were only $3.00! My mom said that's probably what it cost when it originally came out :lol:!

I highly recommend everyone go see it, whether you've seen it before or not and definitely take your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc.

Fun fact: I was only 4 months old when the movie was originally released :P.

Please post and share your experiences, opinions, etc. if you go see it...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Re: Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary

Post by trb »

I remember seeing it, but don't recall any of the specific details about that day. It WAS 30 years ago after all, and my wife (girlfriend then) and I were only 19. We usually took her two younger brothers and younger sister to see whatever new movie that came out on a couple of our dates each month. And McDonald's ice cream sundaes after. I'll bet that is what we did that day.

I'm happy my oldest is a real movie buff. He's into all kind of movies and really enjoys the oldies, even many of the classics. He has all of the iconic movies from the 80's, 90's and practically everything big since then, so we get to show our other kids all of the movies from our childhood and youth.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I was in kindergarten when it came out (er, maybe almost in first grade I guess.) Living in the boonies, going to the movies was a huge deal since the nearest theater was 30 miles away and we hardly ever went. So I got to see very few movies as a kid and this was one of 'em.

I'm kicking around the idea of going for old times sake.

Now if they did the same for Back To The Future, I would be first in line. 8-)
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Hmm... a friend of mine hasn't seen Ghostbusters yet....
kostby

Post by kostby »

"Who ya gonna call?"

Still love the theme song by Ray Parker Jr. http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-From/dp/B00136JS9E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There was also a Ghostbusters video game for Atari 2600 and Atari 400/800 and other 'home computer' platforms of the era, as I recall.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for sharing your memories of Ghostbusters guys :)!

On a bit of a side note... my mom informed me yesterday that she heard they are supposed to be re-releasing "Forrest Gump" in theaters soon to celebrate the 20th anniversary if it being in theaters. That's another movie I love and will definitely be going to see it on the big screen! I really hope they continue this trend of re-releasing "classic" movies to celebrate their anniversaries. I love going to the movies, but lately there hasn't been much that has peaked my interest enough to get me to go to the theater :|.
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Thanks for making some of us feel really old! :shock: :oops: :o :?
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

808 Vibes wrote:Thanks for making some of us feel really old! :shock: :oops: :o :?
You're welcome :D :P :lol:!
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

vibenvy wrote:For anyone who isn't aware, this past Thursday, August 28th, was the 30th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of the movie Ghostbusters. Starting this past Friday, August 29th, and running for one week only, Ghostbusters has been re-released in select theaters across the country. I am lucky enough to be about 30 minutes from one of the theaters that's showing it (Tinseltown Cinemark in Aurora, IL), so my mom and I went to see it yesterday. It was amazing! The movie was so grainy compared to the fancy HD movies of today! I loved seeing all the 80s pop culture goodness on the big screen! And best of all, because we went to the first showing of the day (1:35 pm), tickets were only $3.00! My mom said that's probably what it cost when it originally came out :lol:!

I highly recommend everyone go see it, whether you've seen it before or not and definitely take your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc.

Fun fact: I was only 4 months old when the movie was originally released :P.

Please post and share your experiences, opinions, etc. if you go see it...
Sorry I missed this. Coincidently, I just rewatched it on a whim a few weeks ago.

Fun fact: I was only about 3 1/2 when it was first released, but I remember going to see Ghostbusters 2 with my dad in the the theater.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

after 30 years, i still get a kick out of 'don't cross the streams!'
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

runningslow wrote:Fun fact: I was only about 3 1/2 when it was first released, but I remember going to see Ghostbusters 2 with my dad in the the theater.
I have always preferred Ghostbusters 2 over the original. Viggo (sp?) really creeps me out :?!

A bit of a side note... I work at Y.S. Organic Bee Farms which is a producer and seller of organic bee products. One of our honeys is a pomegranate honey that is mixed with pomegranate extract. When we first bottle it it's the same exact color as the pink slime in Ghostbusters 2 :P! It always makes me laugh when I see it :lol:!