Good News - Got a jpb

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
jake75

Good News - Got a jpb

Post by jake75 »

My youngest son who is 38 years old has not had a full time job for over 4 years. Just got a decent full time outside sales job like he had before -starting March 3rd. Will be putting a lot of miles on a car - the 2002 Odyssey he is driving is not very fuel efficient. He needed that for what he was doing part time. I might get something new and let him have my 2009 Vibe that only has 30,000 miles. The Columbus Auto show is this weekend.

Anyone here have any experience with the Costco car buying program?
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Caretaker

Re: Good News - Got a jpb

Post by Caretaker »

Jake, I have not used it yet but I'm sure it is pure piece of mind using it. Like USAA's service, Costco just added a used car buying service program as well. USAA and Costco, as well as others also have targeted buying on specific models, meaning there will be deep discounts on a Volvo, or a GM truck, or whatever the targeted vehicle is. Having spoken to many internet mangers, they absolutely hate when these targeted programs are running. Lot's of paperwork and little to no profit on the models being sold. So if you don't have access to any credit union or USAA or the like, definitely use Costco's auto buying program.
Congrats on the kid's job. I would have gladly given him mine, but after two years, I don't have one to give him. Retired at 49 was sweet.
You should be seeing the grass on your law pretty soon, eh?
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Congrats to your son, best of luck to him. :)

We're Costco members, but we signed up after we bought the Sonic last year. If we would have been members at the time, I would have looked into it. For the next car I definitely will, I'm curious to see if it will be worth it.

They have a new Corolla over by the checkout lanes for about a month now. Never thought I'd say it but it doesn't look half bad in person. That metallic red really pops under the Costco warehouse lighting. :lol:
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
jake75

Post by jake75 »

ColonelPanic wrote:Congrats to your son, best of luck to him. :)

We're Costco members, but we signed up after we bought the Sonic last year. If we would have been members at the time, I would have looked into it. For the next car I definitely will, I'm curious to see if it will be worth it.

They have a new Corolla over by the checkout lanes for about a month now. Never thought I'd say it but it doesn't look half bad in person. That metallic red really pops under the Costco warehouse lighting. :lol:
In Columbus it is a Subaru Forrester that is on display.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."