Forum Conduct Reminder

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
millster

Forum Conduct Reminder

Post by millster »

Hello, all!There have been a number of issues lately, all across the board. I don't know if everyone is feeling the heat of the nasty weather all across the world or what, but I'd ask that it stops here.We have rules here at GVC. Most everyone has been here long enough to know the ropes and especially the members who have been "acting out". I'm not going to call anyone out individually. The folks being addressed know who they are and if anyone has questions, please contact me. Some of the infractions have been worthy of a suspension of membership or an outright termination. So far, we've let them slide. This reminder is to serve as a notice that this policy is coming to an end. If problems continue, the rules, as they stand will be enforced. Members will receive one warning via IM and will be asked to confirm receipt of that warning. If the problem persists beyond the warning, membership will be suspended for 30 days. If, after the 30 day suspension, problems persist, a 90 day suspension or permanent termination will be issued at staff discretion.This is a freebie for everyone. Some people have received warnings in the past. Those will not count as the "one warning". This is moving from here forward.Thanks for your cooperation and please, if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me. Despite what some may say, I don't eat children or small animals.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
jake75

Re: Forum Conduct Reminder (millster)

Post by jake75 »

Is there something I am missing? I understand the issue with the copyright discussion and that it is a judgment call. Now it seems to be the organic dog food thread. I am a pharmacist and an attorney who has specialized in food regulation for over 40 years. A veterinarian with even more expertise than I chimed in. We were both just trying to provide good expert opinion - and perhaps educate interested persons and maybe show them how they might save some money and still provide their pets good nutrition. I did not see any disrespect. No one was "put down". For example, I would never be so judgmental as to characterize someone as a "idiot" because they spent their money in ways I might deem unwise. That is for them to decide. Some of my financial decisions may appear imperfect to others. So call us out individually if we have crossed the line so we all know what the real issues are. From what I see the participants on this board are much more civil and respectful than what I see elsewhere.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
millster

Re: Forum Conduct Reminder (jake75)

Post by millster »

Those are just two recent examples, Jake. And indeed, don't jump to the conclusion that you're a part of the problem. Trust me, you'll know if you are.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Little bump for new, current, and potential members. Thank You
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi