GenVibe Turns 9!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
joatmon

GenVibe Turns 9!

Post by joatmon »

Today marks the 9th anniversary of when genvibe went on line (I've only been here for 8)Been a lot of people cycle through here over those nine years. I keep trying to figure out why I keep coming back, and I guess it's because of the people, the friends I've made here over the years, the promise of those I haven't met yet. It's weird, when something happens, I think "I should post that on genvibe"Like the other day, I heard a terribly disgusting segment on the radio. Some lady was being interviewed about a recent food trend gaining popularity. Wraps. Significantly lower amount of carbohydrates than bread, easy to hold, etc. She talked about some of her favorite ways to eat wraps, from filling them with salad and fresh vegetables, or spicy meat filling, or just grilling them plain until crisp. So much healthier than than having these things in a sandwich made with bread. I'm telling you it was pretty sickening listening to her go on and on about how tasty and healthy eating wraps were. She even said her favorite special treat was to stuff a wrap with a snickers bar and microwave it for a minute. The thought of that made me want to hurl. Then I realized she was saying "wraps", not "rats".Anyway, something about this place, my first reaction was "The folks at genvibe will get a kick out of that"so what's genvibe to you?
CAMOGIRL

Re: GenVibe Turns 9! (joatmon)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »so what's genvibe to you?A place where I found a welcoming bunch of people who love their Vibes as much as I do, who get my obsession and indulge me when I need a fix. A place to "walk" through garages and become inspired with my own ideas. AND I am pretty sure that any project I could ever dream up... well if there's not a DIY how to post, then there is someone who has and could help me out with advice. My BFF is working on her 91 Civic (pretty sweet) and I have looked and looked for a forum for her that is even HALF what this forum is and have been sorely disappointed. We are lucky.I'm super glad to have found this place. I get a kick outta reading some of the older 2002 and up posts when the Vibe first came round
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Beer and Pizza at the Mods house!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Happy birthday GenVibe! GenVibe is like an extended family who are all obsessed with their Vibe. There are so many members here who are willing to help out. Glad I stumbled upon GenVibe.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »so what's genvibe to you?Happy B-day GenVibe What GenVibe is to me is a reason to perform lots of rather unique mods to the vehicle. What better way to spread the word for what we do to our Vibes than right here on GenVibe. To all the originators of this site NINE years ago .... I salute you
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
BrettZ

Post by BrettZ »

Happy Birthday GenVibe!who owns GenVibe at this point? I saw posts made by an admin account. But there last post was in '03
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Happy b-day Genvibe!My car will be coming up on 9 in late summer (IIRC).Quote, originally posted by joatmon »so what's genvibe to you?All the usual stuff - good, friendly technical advice.It also keeps me excited about my car, Vibes, and 1ZZ cars in general, which fights off the urge for me to sink a bunch of $$$ into replacing it with something more expensive.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: GenVibe Turns 9! (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Eh, for me it's a place where people understand why I enjoy putting miles on my car as opposed to keeping it parked. A place where people understand why I chose the Vibe to fix up instead of something faster. A place where we count mpg instead of hp.And of course the awesome people, witty comments, ingenuity, criticism, suggestions....all in JUST the right amount that makes us Genvibe.com. I, too, feel like when something happens or when I get a stupid idea, that I have to share it. Unfortunately I haven't been hwere too long. Wish I woulda found this when I got ole' StayPuft back in July 2006. Genvibe has helped me with many a mod and repair. Thanks GenVibe.com and Happy Birthday!
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Genvibe is where I come to goof off during the day when I need a break from work.Funny how people you never met can be your friends.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
NascarXprt

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by NascarXprt »

genvibe is the place of good people and great friends, who all have the same hobby, their car.heres to another 9 years GVC! wow, ive been here a while now too...
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Kari

Post by Kari »

GenVibe brought me some great friends, and my husband.
GenVibe Global Moderator
vibenvy

Re: (Kari)

Post by vibenvy »

Everyone else has pretty much covered everything, but I will add my two cents worth anyway...GenVibe to me is the best car forum I have ever had the pleasure of being a member of. The camaraderie and friendliness is bar none. You don't get bashed for asking a question that's already been asked. You don't get bashed for doing something unique to your Vibe. GenVibe is what all car forums should strive to be. I am so glad I found GenVibe. It's where I did a great majority of research before buying my '09 and it's been a great place to post pictures of my progress, ask questions I was unsure about and best of all... make friends . I had the absolute best time in Indy last year. I have been to quite a few big car meets before and none even came close to the "family atmosphere" I felt in Indy with people I had just met. I look forward to getting on here everyday and seeing what everyone's up to, helping others out, reading posts, looking at pictures, voting for VOTM and MOTM, etc. GenVibe is great and I am so glad it's a part of my life. Happy 9th Birthday GenVibe ! Here's to many more !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Happy Birthday GenVibe! Without you I'd have significantly more money in my bank account, and fewer friends.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Without you I'd have significantly more money in my bank account, and fewer friends. LOL! Same here Michelle !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Bastranz

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by Bastranz »

GenVibe started on April Fools Day? Well, although I'm an occasional poster (dunno much about cars to really get into some of the deep yet exciting topics) I must say that GenVibe really has made getting my VERY first car a very enjoyable experience. People here are fun, friendly, and always willing to answer a simple question. Plus, it's really cool to be part of a group of owners of cars similar to my own that aren't the most common car in the world.I've learned a lot from this site and the people on this site...who'da thunk that I would soon think of changing things like air filters and headlight bulbs as an "easy" task?Thanks to whoever created this site, thanks to all of you for being awesome, and thanks for making the Vibe an even cooler car! Here's to many more years of GenVibe!
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
808 Vibes

Re: (Bastranz)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Happy Birthday to yoooooooo
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

I love genvibe, and I love my vibe. I feel like they both go hand in hand. The greatest thing about genvibe is the members, everyone is willing to help each other and no one gets put down. It makes me always look for and chance to contribute. I'm no expert so whenever I see a subject I have any experience with I get pretty excited that I might be able to help someone else.
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Happy Birthday Genvibe! Funny that it all began on April Fool's Day, but oddly fitting I lurked for a while before actually posting, checking out the garages, getting ideas. I love this site and probably have developed an addiction.. LOL.Thank you to whoever started this site, I never would have thought there would be so many other vibe-owners that were as crazy about this car as I am!
BlueCrush

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »genvibe is the place of good people and great friends, who all have the same hobby, their car.heres to another 9 years GVC! wow, ive been here a while now too... X2. You know, I joined 10 days before you did, Cole. Pretty funny.Hard to believe I have had mine for 6-1/2 years now. And it will finally be at a point, mod-wise, where I wished it would have been from Day 1.Happy B-Day, GV!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
epcIII

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by epcIII »

I'm very thankful for Genvibe. It's been a great help when problems arise with my car. I also like that it's been a friendly site and family friendly for that matter.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

To me, Genvibe is a universal place of acceptance, and a fun atmosphere to hang around in. Nobody yells at new members about the search function and there aren't constant member-issues. Everyone is kind, friendly, and the type of people who, if they spotted your Genvibe decal, would leave a humorous message on your Vibe. Nobody pretends their car is more than it is, and nobody goes crazy with the mods (read: ricer). Everything is in moderation, and even if something were distasteful, they'd remain positive. Genvibe is one of the few places in the world where I can go and be accepted, and have fun. So thank you, Genvibe members.Viva la Genvibe!
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

I am also grateful and happy to be part of a great community. I might not be on as much as I used to but still love coming here and catching up with old friends.Happy B-Day Genvibe!!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

vineland

Post by vineland »

whoever hosts this site "mucho gracias for keeping the ads bearableeven though we who love the gto and firebird know what we like.it's called for now the vibe,
star_deceiver

Re: GenVibe Turns 9! (vineland)

Post by star_deceiver »

It's the place where I can let loose my car obsession...
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
jkm311

Re: GenVibe Turns 9! (star_deceiver)

Post by jkm311 »

Advice on every last detail of the very first car I've ever owned.From people that care.
Steelies to the rescue.