Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
ponta2147

Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011

Post by ponta2147 »

OFFICIAL MEET INFO!When: Saturday April 9, 2011Where: Busse Woods - Arlington Heights, ILTime: 12:00 noon - ? Map to the parkhttp://maps.google.com/maps/ms...&z=15It is right off of the highway and easily accessible from wherever you are coming from (near Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg).Let's get a list of interested people going, and votes for food. I can get great deals on a few pizzas which will be super-cheap (probably no more than $5 per person) and we'll bring plates, cups, and ice. Either that or we can order a sub or something. Plus everyone can bring their own drinks or snacks. We have a few 2 liters and cans sitting around that we can donate to the cause We can also bring a 6ft fold-in-half table (new since last year, lol) and a couple chairs.Any other thoughts? Interested people? Let's get this going, it's only a few weeks away!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
tpollauf

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (ponta2147)

Post by tpollauf »

I'm in . Pizza & subs sound perfect I'm looking forward to performing some mod's to "somebody else's" Vibe other than my own. Hope the weather cooperates
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

I'm in! Pizza is fine by me!1. ponta2147 (Michelle) + Chris2. tpollauf (Tim)3. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)Also, I added the link for this thread to my signature in hopes of attracting some more attention.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jkm311

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jkm311 »

Figures, I am in Chi-town THIS weekend. Have fun, kids. And hope to see you... in HELL! *If* that is, in fact, where this year's meet is located.
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (jkm311)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Figures, I am in Chi-town THIS weekend. Have fun, kids. And hope to see you... in HELL! *If* that is, in fact, where this year's meet is located. Sweet, what for?Also, BUMP to keep the interest high. Reply, people! I'll bump this every day if I have to!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Come on Chicagoland Vibers, you know you don't want to miss this! We've got to have at least the same people we did last year, if not a few new ones as well.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Whoops, I posted in the other Chicago meet thread. I will be out for this meet as I will be visiting friends in Springfield that weekend.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Sweet, what for?Met some family and friends for a quick trip downtown. Love that city. Have fun at your meet, and hope to see you at the June one. The only weekend I can't make for sure is June 10th-12th.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Whoops, I posted in the other Chicago meet thread. I will be out for this meet as I will be visiting friends in Springfield that weekend.No worries Aron . Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Met some family and friends for a quick trip downtown. Love that city. Have fun at your meet, and hope to see you at the June one. The only weekend I can't make for sure is June 10th-12th.Glad to hear you had fun in Chicago John . Definitely hope to see you in Hell .
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ahhh Chicago people, let's do some replying! ONLY TWO WEEKS!!!!!
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Well looks like I'm questionable. Kids first soccer game is the 9th. Don't know the time yet, but if it's an early 8 or 10 AM game, I may be able to swing it.Keep ya all posted,Pat
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
vibenvy

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (DiveNut)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Ahhh Chicago people, let's do some replying! ONLY TWO WEEKS!!!!! If we don't get any more responses are we just going to call it off?
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »If we don't get any more responses are we just going to call it off?We can wait until the week of to make that decision. >_<
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »If we don't get any more responses are we just going to call it off?I really hope it's not called off although if it is only us THREE I cound understand why. I need to install these mods in your Vibe's and I need a reason to "get out of town" so I hope it still happens. Last year you had a nice small turnout so where are all those people this year?

ponta2147

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (tpollauf)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I really hope it's not called off although if it is only us THREE I cound understand why. I need to install these mods in your Vibe's and I need a reason to "get out of town" so I hope it still happens. Last year you had a nice small turnout so where are all those people this year?Not going on the forums anymore apparently!I'll try to send messages to some people this weekend.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I really hope it's not called off although if it is only us THREE I cound understand why. I need to install these mods in your Vibe's and I need a reason to "get out of town" so I hope it still happens. Last year you had a nice small turnout so where are all those people this year?I don't mind still getting together with you and Michelle and Chris. I just didn't think you'd want to come all the way out here to hang out with only a few people. I'm totally game to still get together even if no one else shows up.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Not going on the forums anymore apparently!I'll try to send messages to some people this weekend.I guess you and I are the only diehards Michelle .Remember that Pat said he's a maybe, Aron said he's out and I'm guessing since Jeremy hasn't posted lately he's out too. So, that really only leaves Tim (houseofbugs), Jerry (ramenboy...) and Josh (tribalman). Also, Victor (Boogietribe) said he'd be there. I am just supposed to text him a few days before and remind him.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Just messaged Tim on facebook and he said he was interested!
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

He better be there or we'll hunt him down !
houseofbugs

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by houseofbugs »

I'll be there! Ill have to drag the GF out with me Her and Michelle can talk about geeky graphics stuff.
vibenvy

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I'll be there! Ill have to drag the GF out with me Her and Michelle can talk about geeky graphics stuff.Yay !Here's the updated list of attendees:1. ponta2147 (Michelle) + Chris2. tpollauf (Tim P.)3. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)4. houseofbugs (Tim H.) + 15. Boogietribe (Victor)6. DiveNut (Pat) - maybeI still have the steelies on . I guess I better get my (removed) in gear and get the calipers re-painted and get the 18s back on next weekend .
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

It will be me and the girlfriend for this.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »It will be me and the girlfriend for this. Added a +1 next to your name Tim .
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Okay, seeing as this is just over a week away, have we decided anything about food yet?Also, it sounds like a pretty sure thing my friend Dave will be coming in his '07 Pontiac Solstice GXP !1. ponta2147 (Michelle) + Chris2. tpollauf (Tim P.)3. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie) + 14. houseofbugs (Tim H.) + 15. Boogietribe (Victor)6. DiveNut (Pat) - maybeI just IMed Jerry (ramenboy...) about whether he'd be able to make it or not. I checked Josh's (tribalman) profile and his last post was back on February 17, so I didn't bother IMing him since it seems he hasn't been on since then .
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Pizza would be cheap, I can get a large cheese and a large meat for about $5 per person, BYOB although we have some coke, sierra mist, and iced tea we will donate to the cause (we gave up drinks with sugar) and some ice/cups/plates/napkins. Much easier than grilling!One week to go! Clean up your Vibes and get excited!
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Hey carThanx for the IM!If I don't have to head back out of town next weekend I'll be at busse.Woohoo! The vibe's a mess and I'm missing a center cap again. Oh well :/
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
vibenvy

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Pizza would be cheap, I can get a large cheese and a large meat for about $5 per person, BYOB although we have some coke, sierra mist, and iced tea we will donate to the cause (we gave up drinks with sugar) and some ice/cups/plates/napkins. Much easier than grilling!One week to go! Clean up your Vibes and get excited!Pizza is fine by me. Like you said Michelle, it will be so much easier then grilling. I'll bring my own bottled water, and some extra for anyone who wants some, since I'm not a big pop drinker. Do we need anything else besides what you and Chris will be bringing? I'll bring four folding chairs again just in case we need them.Today I am re-painting the calipers and re-installing the 18s on my mom's Vibe. Tomorrow I'll be doing mine. Unfortunately our outside faucet is currently disconnected because the pipe started leaking about a month or so ago and we're waiting until the weather warms up a little more to have it replaced, so I will be spending Friday night at the car wash cleaning the Vibe up . At least I'll be able to bring it home to dry it, clean the interior, etc.Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »Hey carThanx for the IM!If I don't have to head back out of town next weekend I'll be at busse.Woohoo! The vibe's a mess and I'm missing a center cap again. Oh well :/No problem Jerry ! Hope you can make it. I'll add you to the list as a maybe.Don't worry about the Vibe being a mess. Remember how much fun we had last year just hanging out chatting. It's more about the people then the Vibes anyway .1. ponta2147 (Michelle) + Chris2. tpollauf (Tim P.)3. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie) + 14. houseofbugs (Tim H.) + 15. Boogietribe (Victor)6. DiveNut (Pat) - maybe7. ramenboy... (Jerry) - maybe
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

5 days!! We bought cups, napkins, plates the other day (negligible cost) and we'll just bring two pizzas.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »5 days!! We bought cups, napkins, plates the other day (negligible cost) and we'll just bring two pizzas.Sweet! I just hope it doesn't rain like they're showing right now . Oh... and I'm bringing dessert !
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

We'll have to take a "Vibe of the Month Illinois Domination" photo...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »We'll have to take a "Vibe of the Month Illinois Domination" photo... LOL! Definitely ! Illinois FTW!Question... what are we going to do if it rains? Postpone the meet? Meet anyway? The current forecast is: Partly sunny with a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I have a feeling Friday the girlfriend will be competing for my attention as I detail Viki.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I have a feeling Friday the girlfriend will be competing for my attention as I detail Viki. LOL! Unfortunately I will have to take the Vibe to the car wash because our outside faucet still hasn't been replaced after springing a leak last month . I really hope it doesn't rain because I'll be sad if I get the Vibe all cleaned up Friday night only to have it get rained on on Saturday .
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Hmmmm.... if it rains you guys can all come over if you want, my house is 10min away, we can just chill and hang out, and we've got a garage for doing some brake light installs
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Hmmmm.... if it rains you guys can all come over if you want, my house is 10min away, we can just chill and hang out, and we've got a garage for doing some brake light installs Sounds good . You and Chris are so good to us !
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

yeah... been busy. new job. currently car isn't in the best shape. still need to gut to find that lock short; winters on; need to prime/paint calipers and drums when i pull the winters; got a few dents, scuffs, and rust spots i need to take care of; need to isolate some really annoying rattle in the trunk; while i have the doors off find a way to properly mount the speakers(advice? the mounts i got with the speakers don't fit right)and put back in the speaker i pulled cause it was falling out and shorting; verify all speakers are still working properly; redo the liner/carpet i put in the trunk area. maybe in a few months once i can start to work on the issues.
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Re: Chicago Vibe Mini-Meet 2011 (tribalman)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »yeah... been busy. new job. currently car isn't in the best shape. still need to gut to find that lock short; winters on; need to prime/paint calipers and drums when i pull the winters; got a few dents, scuffs, and rust spots i need to take care of; need to isolate some really annoying rattle in the trunk; while i have the doors off find a way to properly mount the speakers(advice? the mounts i got with the speakers don't fit right)and put back in the speaker i pulled cause it was falling out and shorting; verify all speakers are still working properly; redo the liner/carpet i put in the trunk area. maybe in a few months once i can start to work on the issues.You can still come and hang out with us!
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Well looks like I'm questionable. Kids first soccer game is the 9th. Don't know the time yet, but if it's an early 8 or 10 AM game, I may be able to swing it.Keep ya all posted,PatWell, it is with heavy heart that I say I will not be able to attend this year. I will be there in spirit and praying for the rain to hold off. Hope you all have a great time and drive safely. Post up lots of pics for me.Be well,Pat
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

vibenvy

Re: (DiveNut)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »yeah... been busy. new job. currently car isn't in the best shape. still need to gut to find that lock short; winters on; need to prime/paint calipers and drums when i pull the winters; got a few dents, scuffs, and rust spots i need to take care of; need to isolate some really annoying rattle in the trunk; while i have the doors off find a way to properly mount the speakers(advice? the mounts i got with the speakers don't fit right)and put back in the speaker i pulled cause it was falling out and shorting; verify all speakers are still working properly; redo the liner/carpet i put in the trunk area. maybe in a few months once i can start to work on the issues.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »You can still come and hang out with us! x2!Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Well, it is with heavy heart that I say I will not be able to attend this year. I will be there in spirit and praying for the rain to hold off. Hope you all have a great time and drive safely. Post up lots of pics for me.It's okay Pat. We'll miss you though . You know darn well, we'll take lots of pictures !Updated list of attendees:1. ponta2147 (Michelle) + Chris2. tpollauf (Tim P.)3. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie) + 14. houseofbugs (Tim H.) + 15. Boogietribe (Victor)6. ramenboy... (Jerry) - maybeI texted Victor (Boogietribe) last night to remind him and he said he'd be there!Updated weather forecast: Partly sunny with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Much warmer. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I hope I don't end up like drivenut and have to bail at the last minute. Two out of tree members in my household are real sick, plus I apparently didn't give my wife enough notice about this? I don't know about that last comment. Brake lights are done & ready (I updated my avatar with a few of them) and I absolutely MUST install some of these. The weather look promising anyways. We shouldn't need winter jackets or snow shovels I'll update again this evening and first thing in the morning as to my status

ponta2147

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I hope I don't end up like drivenut and have to bail at the last minute. Two out of tree members in my household are real sick, plus I apparently didn't give my wife enough notice about this? I don't know about that last comment. Brake lights are done & ready (I updated my avatar with a few of them) and I absolutely MUST install some of these. The weather look promising anyways. We shouldn't need winter jackets or snow shovels I'll update again this evening and first thing in the morning as to my status Awww, do you need help convincing your wife?"Pleeeeeeeease can he come out and play with us? Please with a cherry on top?" Hope everyone at your house feels better soon (hopefully within 24 hours lol)Hopefully it stops raining long enough to get my car to the car wash and back home for a towel off in the garage. I'd just wash it myself here but we literally have no hose hookup ((removed)) plus the interior needs a good cleaning and I have coupons for a free one. I've done nothing to it at all due to ridiculous crazy busy workness. It's just as well though, I have to use it to haul seven bags of clothes to Goodwill today!So, same grove as last year?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Have Fun, Guys & Gals! Look forward to seeing the aftermath pics.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Have Fun, Guys & Gals! Look forward to seeing the aftermath pics.Ditto!
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I hope I don't end up like drivenut and have to bail at the last minute. Two out of tree members in my household are real sick, plus I apparently didn't give my wife enough notice about this? I don't know about that last comment. Brake lights are done & ready (I updated my avatar with a few of them) and I absolutely MUST install some of these. The weather look promising anyways. We shouldn't need winter jackets or snow shovels I'll update again this evening and first thing in the morning as to my status Sorry to hear your wife and son are sick Tim . I hope they feel better quickly.I definitely hope you can make it, but if not we'll understand .Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Hopefully it stops raining long enough to get my car to the car wash and back home for a towel off in the garage. I'd just wash it myself here but we literally have no hose hookup ((removed)) plus the interior needs a good cleaning and I have coupons for a free one. I've done nothing to it at all due to ridiculous crazy busy workness. It's just as well though, I have to use it to haul seven bags of clothes to Goodwill today!So, same grove as last year?I am trying to get up enough energy to take my Vibe to the car wash. It's disgusting, but I'm afraid I'll get it all cleaned up and it will rain tomorrow morning and it will get dirty again .I picked up dessert last night !I say same grove as last year, assuming no one else is there of course.
star_deceiver

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Have Fun, Guys & Gals! Look forward to seeing the aftermath pics.Indeed!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

The Vibe is all cleaned up and ready to go . I washed it, but didn't bother with the interior because I was too lazy .Current weather forecast: Patchy fog early in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of light showers and thunderstorms. Much warmer. Highs around 70. Southeast winds around 10 mph.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Everybody's in bed. We'll see how all feel in the morning and the mood the wife is in It's still a possibility that I'll make the trip. I'll update early in the morning my fate. I need this road trip for my sanity so we'll see what choice I make

ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Pizza ordered, being delivered to our place around 11:15-11:30, right before we head out to the grove. Yum! $5/ea if you want any, we've also got coke, sierra mist, and iced tea.I should probably go to bed now.I got a basic exterior and interior wash done, so at the very least the car is presentable. The horns are not installed, maybe I'll bring them with so we can all poke around with them If it starts to rain, our place is available!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Everybody's in bed. We'll see how all feel in the morning and the mood the wife is in It's still a possibility that I'll make the trip. I'll update early in the morning my fate. I need this road trip for my sanity so we'll see what choice I make I really hope you can make it Tim .Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Pizza ordered, being delivered to our place around 11:15-11:30, right before we head out to the grove. Yum! $5/ea if you want any, we've also got coke, sierra mist, and iced tea.I should probably go to bed now.I got a basic exterior and interior wash done, so at the very least the car is presentable. The horns are not installed, maybe I'll bring them with so we can all poke around with them If it starts to rain, our place is available!Sounds good Michelle! Thanks again to you and Chris for ordering the pizzas . You should totally bring the horns so we can mess around with them! It'll give us something to do .It rained here this morning already . I'm hoping the roads are dry by the time I'm ready to leave .I should be leaving Sandwich about 10:00, so I may be there a little early. Everyone have a safe trip.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Have a great time folks. My daughters and I did our "Anti-rain dance" so you shoul dremain high and dry at the meet.

tpollauf

Re: (DiveNut)

Post by tpollauf »

Wife was still real sick and I had to transport our son to and from the testing center for his ACT test. I have to go get him @ 1pm, thus I'm going to miss out on another fun day I'm going to attempt to make this up REAL SOON though. If Carrie wouldn't mind meeting for lunch somewhere off the turnpike midway from us both (say South Bend or so) then not only will I treat for lunch, but we'll deliver & install those 3rd brake lights.I'll contact you directly with other possible ideas. One way or the other I'm getting these to you guys before summer gets here. Have fun without me