detailed photos

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
scoobs

detailed photos

Post by scoobs »

if anybody has a good camera and a vibe i'm sure all of us who are still waiting for a vibe would love detailed dash photos so that we can get to know our vibes while we wait.
[Modified by scoobs, 5:51 PM 7/31/2002]
Satelite, Rims, Safety & Power
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: detailed photos (scoobs)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:if anybody has a good camera and a vibe i'm sure all of us who are still waiting for a vibe would love detailed dash photos so that we can get to know our vibes while we wait.I will take a few this evening and post them here for you.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: detailed photos (NSimkins)

Post by NSimkins »

Here are some photos with descriptions. Click the link below each description for the picture. Quality varies with each photo, sorry. 1. Center console including factory six-disk CD stereo, climate controls, defrost, hazard actuator, air vents, passenger seatbelt indicator (not lit), household outlet (at bottom), cigarette lighter:--> http://www.nicksimkins.com/vibe/vibe_interior1.jpg2. Gauge cluster:--> http://www.nicksimkins.com/vibe/vibe_interior2.jpg3. Mirror controls, gauge light adjust, hatch release, coin holder: (security system indicator (not installed on my Vibe))--> http://www.nicksimkins.com/vibe/vibe_interior3.jpg4. Look above, sunroof controls, map light w/ switch:--> http://www.nicksimkins.com/vibe/vibe_interior4.jpg5. Between front seats, center storage console, drink holders, etc.:--> http://www.nicksimkins.com/vibe/vibe_interior5.jpg6. Driver's power windows controls, power door lock control, lock/handle:--> http://www.nicksimkins.com/vibe/vibe_interior6.jpg
[Modified by NSimkins, 11:18 PM 7/31/2002]
Lori19

Post by Lori19 »

You love taking pics late at night, don't ya? Seriously, thanks for doing it! I put my night light in tonight thanks to you!
Lori Abyss,monotone,moon & tunes, power pkg
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: detailed photos (Lori19)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:You love taking pics late at night, don't ya? I don't love it, but unfortunately it's the only time where I am not at work or sleeping yet. quote:Seriously, thanks for doing it! I put my night light in tonight thanks to you!LOL, glad I inspired you. Is there any particular reason you have a night light in your vehicle?
scoobs

Post by scoobs »

thanks alot
Satelite, Rims, Safety & Power
Lori19

Post by Lori19 »

My son is afraid of the dark and it looks cute. I also like to read to pass the drive time.
[Modified by Lori19, 11:40 AM 8/1/2002]
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

Do car thieves look for a blinking red light anymore?you wrote: (security system indicator (not installed on my Vibe))It seems like someone would have an aftermarket light that could fit into the plastic cover provided.
Silver Base Vibe with Nav System that I wish had an OBD-II link
aaa

Re: detailed photos (Lori19)

Post by aaa »

quote:You love taking pics late at night, don't ya? Seriously, thanks for doing it! I put my night light in tonight thanks to you!Hey, you just gave me an idea, who needs a regular auto air freshener when we can plug in one of those glade ones.....
my Vibe GT1/4 M best: 17.382 sec, 81.9 MPHTop Speed: 125 MPHRace City Secret Street Times
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: detailed photos (Campbell)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:Do car thieves look for a blinking red light anymore?you wrote: (security system indicator (not installed on my Vibe))It seems like someone would have an aftermarket light that could fit into the plastic cover provided.I don't know, but at least it can be used as an indicator that the system is armed for the owner of the vehicle.I'm positive you could use the plastic cover area and punch a hole there and add an aftermarket alarm and have that area as the alarm indicator.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: detailed photos (ghostdev)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:Hey, you just gave me an idea, who needs a regular auto air freshener when we can plug in one of those glade ones.....Actually that's an excellent idea. Beats some of those cheap hanging cardboard air fresheners.The only thing I can think of as far as downfalls towards those are if it gets really hot in your vehicle (while sitting outside), the possibility of those bursting from the excessive heat and leaking all over your center console area. That would suck!
[Modified by NSimkins, 4:22 PM 8/1/2002]
aaa

Re: detailed photos (Campbell)

Post by aaa »

quote:It seems like someone would have an aftermarket light that could fit into the plastic cover provided.Does anyone else have the factory security? They put the blinking light in the middle of my steering column.
my Vibe GT1/4 M best: 17.382 sec, 81.9 MPHTop Speed: 125 MPHRace City Secret Street Times
Lori19

Re: detailed photos (fritzburg)

Post by Lori19 »

quote:You read and drive? Am I reading that right?Fritz, you are a riot! I read when hubby is driving!
Lori19

Post by Lori19 »

quote:Hey, you just gave me an idea, who needs a regular auto air freshener when we can plug in one of those glade ones.....That is a really good idea. I was thinking about my night light and realized that the exposed bulb might melt or warp the plastic dash behind it. I have to get one with a cover all around, not just the front to protect my dash.
aaa

Re: detailed photos (Salsa! (aka Waiting4Vibe))

Post by aaa »

quote:I bought the factory alarm system,,,,,, the indicator with blinking light is installed on the dash (left side of the sterring wheel) beside the coin holder and the hatch release...... Why the hell did they do that to yoyurs....that's stupid..... When you lock the doors, the light comes steady on for 30 seconds, then it's starts blinking to let you know that the alarm is activated,,,,, It's nice to see it blinking..... sometimes (I still need to figure out the circumstances) the doors lock automaticlally and the alarm gets armed.... it's nice to see if it's on or notNot only did they drill a hole in the top of the steering column for it. I currently have no hazard lights, rear defog, or passenger seat belt light because they forgot to hook that connector back up.We are due in for our first oil change next week. The replacement stereo better be in (the rubbing when cornering/breaking problem). The better hook that connector back up, and I am gonna (removed) that they put the light on the steering column and ask them to replace it (now that I know it is supposed to go elsewhere).
Lori19

Post by Lori19 »

Boy. you sure are getting it royally, aren't ya?Fight them to the end!