First autocross with the Vibe

Discussions about legally sanctioned general motorsports events
rustysteel

First autocross with the Vibe

Post by rustysteel »

Just ran the Vibe at one of our clubs autocross, ended up 3rd after paxing.Good fun but the car looks like an off-roader with the 15" rims I'm using.(see pics) http://www.facebook.com/photo....75315
BlueCrush

Re: First autocross with the Vibe (rustysteel)

Post by BlueCrush »

Cool! Good Job! What suspension mods do you have?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
rustysteel

Re: First autocross with the Vibe (BlueCrush)

Post by rustysteel »

No mods just some free REO1R's and removal of the baby seat.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by rustysteel »No mods just some free REO1R's and removal of the baby seat. how was the body roll?
rustysteel

Re: First autocross with the Vibe (northvibe)

Post by rustysteel »

Surprising not bad, I think my old civic rolled more. Maybe some TRD springs for the next mod.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by rustysteel »Surprising not bad, I think my old civic rolled more. Maybe some TRD springs for the next mod.I havent driven my vibe for idk 3 years almost but ya the springs will help, trd has the least amount of drop but if you live in a area like me its rough a$$ roads so a stiff DD suspension sucks. the TRD or hotchkis is what I'd recommend. I had the hotchkis on my vibe and they are still on to this day, my sister doesnt complain tooo much. But a rear sway bar would really help you for cornering, to get that little oversteer.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

springs will help, but a rear sway bar will make all the difference! with sways front/rear, springs and a CAI on street tires (RE01R's RULE!), you should still be in ST class.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
rustysteel

Re: First autocross with the Vibe (AKLGT)

Post by rustysteel »

Second autocross, no pics yet but ended up 4th overall and first in HS after PAXing. I still have my CEL on, need to get the O2 sensor replaced again. (this one should be under warranty, primary sensor). Maybe with the updated sensor and a K&N filter I can claw back a few tenths.Next one is a lapping day at Mosport (DDT) so may even hit 3rd gear, see how it runs there.Thanks for all the feedback, didn't have much hope for the Vibe (on the track) but I'm enjoying it so far.later,Glenn
1337trix

Post by 1337trix »

where are you racing? with St. Lac in Picton?
rustysteel

Re: First autocross with the Vibe (1337trix)

Post by rustysteel »

Peterborough Motor Sports Club, PMSC, just our local events. This one was at Kawartha Downs racetrack (just using the parking lot, but we've used the oval before). We had 30 cars show up which is a good showing for our smaller club.
1337trix

Post by 1337trix »

ohh yea i forgot about them - they have a regional event comming up on the 11th - should be at least 70 cars making it out
rustysteel

Re: (1337trix)

Post by rustysteel »

Unfortunately I won't be there as it's my daughter's 3rd birthday. I might try to make it out to help setup, see how the day goes. We had 60 or so cars at last years regional we hosted, great cars and great people.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by rustysteel »Second autocross, no pics yet but ended up 4th overall and first in HS after PAXing. I still have my CEL on, need to get the O2 sensor replaced again. (this one should be under warranty, primary sensor). Maybe with the updated sensor and a K&N filter I can claw back a few tenths.Next one is a lapping day at Mosport (DDT) so may even hit 3rd gear, see how it runs there.Thanks for all the feedback, didn't have much hope for the Vibe (on the track) but I'm enjoying it so far.later,Glennwow. 4th overall and this only your 2nd autox ever? or just in the Vibe? Because you're either naturally really good, or everyone else really sucks. LOL. Nice job, regardless!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
rustysteel

Post by rustysteel »

No I've been autocrossing for awhile, just new to racing the Vibe. Being in H stock certainly helps (with PAX) but I'm pretty surprised at how well the Vibe sticks in the corners.
rustysteel

Post by rustysteel »

PMSC is hosting a lapping event at the DDT track at Mosport tomorrow. Should have some pictures from the race and maybe some video. Keep you posted.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by rustysteel »No I've been autocrossing for awhile, just new to racing the Vibe. Being in H stock certainly helps (with PAX) but I'm pretty surprised at how well the Vibe sticks in the corners.oh ok. was gonna say.... DAMN! I hate you! LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
rustysteel

Post by rustysteel »

Had a great time at the DDT until I rolled the Vibe. I'm ok and the Vibe needs some work but I was having fun until I lost the back end on the edge of the grass. Here's some pics.No more racing for the Vibe, time for a dedicated racer. http://bb.pmsc.on.ca/viewtopic...rt=15
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

wow! you must have really been pushing!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

lol....DANG man, it lookslike you were having too much fun! does suck tho But it seems you it went out in style ya know?