Water injection systems?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
sikvibe

Water injection systems?

Post by sikvibe »

I'm installing a 150psi water injection system on my vibe..I'm trying to decide whether I should install a 5 gallon tank in the back or just run it off of the windsheild washer tank? So, I guess my question is how quickly can/does it use water? I'm using a 530cc nozzle if that helps...
*03 SIKVIBE*Performance mods in order:18x8 Konig illusion rims w/ falken ziex 235/40R18 tires~1.5" lowered TEIN S. tech springs~GM performance parts supercharger~TRD add-on ECU for S/C~Drop in spectre high flow air filter~Tripod center dash oil pres.,egt/boost, a/f guage pod~Homemade .5" custom S/C thermal intake spacer~1.9" aluminum S/C pulley~150 psi>530cc nozzle water/alcohol injection system~2.5" single cat proflow muffler opposite exit install
mac99d

Re: Water injection systems? (sikvibe)

Post by mac99d »

I run mine off the washer tank. Turns on at 5psi but as long as you are not flooring it all the time. It will last quite a while. I fill mine up maybe every month and a half.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faultline

Re: Water injection systems? (mac99d)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by mac99d »I run mine off the washer tank. Turns on at 5psi but as long as you are not flooring it all the time. It will last quite a while. I fill mine up maybe every month and a half.I run mine at 8psi, and I last a couple of months, and I use the windshield washer tank too. You just have to be careful at jiffy lube so that they dont fill your washer tank with that blue stuff Everyone needs to remember that you usually boost in less than 10 second bursts, and then you are over 100 miles per hour. If you reference your w/i to a particular psi, then you are only using it in boost scenarios, that way , you dont use that much water, or alcohol, or methenol, or( jiffy lube blue soap) or what ever it is.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Faultline

Re: Water injection systems? (sikvibe)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by sikvibe »I'm installing a 150psi water injection system on my vibe..I'm trying to decide whether I should install a 5 gallon tank in the back or just run it off of the windsheild washer tank? So, I guess my question is how quickly can/does it use water? I'm using a 530cc nozzle if that helps...Are you SC or TC. ??
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
sikvibe

Post by sikvibe »

Niiice, thanks guys, setting mine at 6-7 psi because im already at 5psi @ 1800rpm with the 1.9 inch pulley..anyone heard of running smaller pulley?
*03 SIKVIBE*Performance mods in order:18x8 Konig illusion rims w/ falken ziex 235/40R18 tires~1.5" lowered TEIN S. tech springs~GM performance parts supercharger~TRD add-on ECU for S/C~Drop in spectre high flow air filter~Tripod center dash oil pres.,egt/boost, a/f guage pod~Homemade .5" custom S/C thermal intake spacer~1.9" aluminum S/C pulley~150 psi>530cc nozzle water/alcohol injection system~2.5" single cat proflow muffler opposite exit install
sikvibe

Post by sikvibe »

I love my new water injection system, It feels like a little 25 shot of nitrous when it kicks on..Still only got into the 16's at the dragway, I had major wheel hop issues off the line which really killed my launches...
Faultline

Re: (sikvibe)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by sikvibe »I love my new water injection system, It feels like a little 25 shot of nitrous when it kicks on..Still only got into the 16's at the dragway, I had major wheel hop issues off the line which really killed my launches...I did a lot better with wheel hop issues when I put in the motor mount inserts...you will hook a lot faster with them.What are your 60ft times?..you will break into the 15's whith 2.4 60 ft times most likely.