new owner of 06 vibe

Ontario
rhkrqyr

new owner of 06 vibe

Post by rhkrqyr »

Hi,Just got a new to me 06 vibe, search the net and find this site.Is the parts for vibe and matrix can Be interchangeable?what things/parts should I pay more attention to the vibe?Thanks.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Mainly most mechanical parts are interchangeable between the two, but not all. Some aesthetic parts are interchangeable, but I couldn't begin to tell you what on those. It's hard to really say what you should pay more attention to than others simply bc they are so reliable. That being said, always pay attention to your wear items such as belt, oil and other fluids, spark plugs and such. It's probably best to go ahead and change as much of the fluids as you can esp if you are at or over the (not sure of the Canadian equal) 100K mile mark.And congrats on joining the family!!! Now get to posting some pics!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
rhkrqyr

Post by rhkrqyr »

Thanks for the reply. The wear items certainly would.Is the 06 vibe running a timing belt or chain?Thanks.
djkeev

Re: new owner of 06 vibe (rhkrqyr)

Post by djkeev »

Welcome!!I have an 07 I purchased new.I think in 06 they only offered the base engine ? (I'll be corrected If I'm wrong) and that runs a timing chain.I've got 64,000 miles and it has been a great car. My only beef is that they say that the trans (auto) oil should be changed at 100,000. I checked it around 45,000, it was dark and smelled so I replaced it earlier. I am upset about this for I do NOT drive at all hashly. Change the oil and drive it. Of course air filter, and belts are important. If you brake fluid is dark, flush it.Keep in mind you're driving a Toyota Corolla. The Matrix as you know is the twin to the Vibe but they are both Corolla's and overseas known as a Corolla.I've gone through brakes and tires (replaced them early, NOISY!!!). Regular oil changes and that's about it.The paint is "iffy", easy to chip, easy to scratch to keep on top of it. Also the hard plastic interior scratches easily.You can put an electric outlet in the center console box, the wires are there for it.There are different parts, the cabin air filter is different, not sure why. Most mechanical parts will interchange and can most often be cheaper at Toyota rather than GM.Post photo's we all love photo'sDave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
rhkrqyr

Post by rhkrqyr »

Many thanks, I'll try to take a pic and post it up.Any instruction for posting a pic in the forum?
lovemyraffe

Re: (rhkrqyr)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome!Many users here like photobucket.com to host their pictures, then you can copy the HTML or IMG link to insert into the forums.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
star_deceiver

Re: (rhkrqyr)

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

welcomemight also wish to try matrixowners.com for parts and modding infomost non-body parts are interechangeable between the matrix and vibe.btw, for 06 the GT was still available...
ryan506

Post by ryan506 »

Any one know of a good online site to look at some nice aftermarket parts for the vibe? I havent had any luck...