2009 Matrix TRD Accessories

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
MichaelUhl

2009 Matrix TRD Accessories

Post by MichaelUhl »

When can we expect them? I have recently checked their website, and so far, theres not a lot for the 2009 model series. Do they come out slowly? Or do they release different things every year? I mean lets take the big brake package for example. You can get it for the older generation matrix, but they havent released the 2009-20XX version yet. And obviously i care because when TRD releases something for the matrix, i believe it will be directly compatible with the vibe.Any answers will be of help. :Dtake it easy
2009 2.4l Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Re: 2009 Matrix TRD Accessories (MichaelUhl)

Post by vibenvy »

Unfortunately, there's just not a lot available for the 2009 - 2010 Matrix/Vibe in general, even from TRD (especially if you have an XRS/GT).I might be ordering the strut brace soon to liven up my engine bay though.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
MichaelUhl

Re: 2009 Matrix TRD Accessories (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by MichaelUhl »

Yeah its a little pathetic. Because when you think of Matrix's (es?) you think of a kinda hip, cooler toyota car, almost like a scion. But it seems like all the performance stuff are for the Scion TC, in my opinion, a bit of a girls car, although i've seen some that look manly. Not saying theres anything wrong with girls cars, or tc's i just think its lame the dont invest in other brands faithfully. And knowing they just had a huge set back due to the gas pedals, the TRD for Matrix looks bleak. Im going to sign up on their forum and see if they know anything, or if they have any thoughts and comments. Pontiac's dead, so can't expect anything from them >Im also getting the strut bar. Doesnt do too much, but its a step forward, and each step improves everything just a little more, till you realize, hey, this handles alright now.
2009 2.4l Pontiac Vibe
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

You all realize the new 2009+ Matrix never offered an all weather floor mat set? Toyota has changed up a lot of thingsThe S/C for the Scion line up was d/c due to issues
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
03vibedriver

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by 03vibedriver »

I have a 09 Matrix all weather mat set in my 09 Vibe.
vibenvy

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by MichaelUhl »Yeah its a little pathetic. Because when you think of Matrix's (es?) you think of a kinda hip, cooler toyota car, almost like a scion. But it seems like all the performance stuff are for the Scion TC, in my opinion, a bit of a girls car, although i've seen some that look manly. Not saying theres anything wrong with girls cars, or tc's i just think its lame the dont invest in other brands faithfully. And knowing they just had a huge set back due to the gas pedals, the TRD for Matrix looks bleak. Im going to sign up on their forum and see if they know anything, or if they have any thoughts and comments. Pontiac's dead, so can't expect anything from them > Im also getting the strut bar. Doesnt do too much, but its a step forward, and each step improves everything just a little more, till you realize, hey, this handles alright now.Yes, it does kind of suck that there isn't much available for our Vibes, than again that's the reason I got mine. I spent too much money on aftermarket stuff for my Sunfires so I needed something I couldn't spend much money on anymore .I am still tossing around the idea of whether or not to get the strut bar since my GT has a "factory one". TRD also has a nice oil cap we can use !Michael, what type of Vibe do you have? Base, AWD, GT?Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »You all realize the new 2009+ Matrix never offered an all weather floor mat set?Why would we need Matrix all weather floor mats for our Vibes ?
MichaelUhl

Post by MichaelUhl »

2009, 2.4l Vibe :D
2009 2.4l Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Re: (MichaelUhl)

Post by vibenvy »

Yeah, there is almost nothing for the 2.4L, especially GTs. Since yours isn't a GT though you could use some TRD stuff like the rear sway bar, etc. because you don't have the independent rear suspension.
MichaelUhl

Post by MichaelUhl »

Yeah Im doing front and rear bars, maybe some springs.. :D
2009 2.4l Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Re: (MichaelUhl)

Post by vibenvy »

Nice ! Be sure to post pictures!