That little light that tells you to buckle up!

Funny or humorous-type discussions. (follow posting rules)
A Psycho Martyr

That little light that tells you to buckle up!

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

So I had a friend ridin with me in tha Vibe and he said, "....Ya know what? That light blinking at me is pissing me off. You should modify it to say "MISSILES ARMED" So whadya think? Difficult mod?lol Definitely funny! EDIT: This mod in the works here!--->http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=40593
lovemyraffe

Re: That little light that tells you to buckle up! (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by lovemyraffe »

The easiest way to get that to shut of would be to put your seat belt on.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I think "SEAT EJECTOR ARMED" would be funnier... Or he could just put on his seat belt...
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »My frind's a lil hard-headed...ya gotta bribe him with candy or a quarter Anybody who rides in my car has to wear their seat belt. The liability that could arise because of not wearing a seat belt is something that I don't even want to think about.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Change it to "NO SMOKING"
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Entelodont

Post by Entelodont »

Change it to " Amba Lamps". 'Cause that's what your pal will need in lieu of a fastened seat belt.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »My frind's a lil hard-headed...ya gotta bribe him with candy or a quarter The way I get around passengers not wanting to wear their seat belts is tell them the beeping doesn't stop, it only gets worse... they are more then happy to put it on.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »That light blinking at me is pissing me off. You should modify it to say "MISSILES ARMED" So whadya think? Difficult mod?lol Definitely funny! I LIKE IT!!!Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I think "SEAT EJECTOR ARMED" would be funnier... I like that one too, though it may be hard to fit that in the space.But really, and like my hard-headed wife too, your friend needs to buckle up.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
BlueCrush

Re: That little light that tells you to buckle up! (06pvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe » I LIKE IT!!!I like that one too, though it may be hard to fit that in the space.But really, and like my hard-headed wife too, your friend needs to buckle up. He could change "PASSENGER" to "PASSEJECT" then he only has to change the last 4 letters.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »My frind's a lil hard-headed...ya gotta bribe him with candy or a quarter After they walk home from being kicked out, they lean to buckle up quickly!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

the car don't move till the click is heard in my car.you do know YOU can get a ticket for him not wearing his seat belt. Right?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

MINE BEEPS AND FLASHES AND EVERYTHING ELSE!! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!! Though I don't know how much the first generations is like the second.. but mine beeps for like 5 minutes.. Not really, but it seems like it.. It finally drives one of my friends crazy so she buckles up.. Though she does it EVERY time.. Beeps for like 20 seconds and then she puts it on.. ugh
star_deceiver

Re: That little light that tells you to buckle up! (keithvibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »You do know YOU can get a ticket for him not wearing his seat belt. Right?Here, the person NOT wearing the seatbelt can get the ticket!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

yeah i got four tickets at once before bacuse my bros and sister were in the car on the way to school and they were all younger than 16 so the trooper dropped em all on me.lol. learned my lesson.
Houston

Post by Houston »

Cars didn't come with seat belts when I got my new 1964 Comet Caliente, so I picked up a set at K-Mart for five bucks and installed them. Within a year a drunk hit me, totaled my car, and I almost died. Taking the time to install that seat belt is the only reason I'm here to type this. Nobody rides in my car without buckling up.

Attached files
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »yeah i got four tickets at once before bacuse my bros and sister were in the car on the way to school and they were all younger than 16 so the trooper dropped em all on me.lol. learned my lesson. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't think you did learn your lesson if you are still letting people ride in your car without wearing a seat belt.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Houston

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by Houston »

I don't know about others, but your video doesn't show for me.
lovemyraffe

Re: (Houston)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »I don't know about others, but your video doesn't show for me.Video worked for me. It is worth watching.
ou.grizzly

Re: (Houston)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »I don't know about others, but your video doesn't show for me.I just clicked on it and it is playing; hmm
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Houston

Post by Houston »

This is weird. The link from your post didn't work for me, so I went to youtube and it works there. Great video!
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...I sorta think "STUPID PASSENGER" would be more appropriate....tell it like it is!
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
epcIII

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by epcIII »

WOW!! What a great video. I used to have a girlfriend that didn't like to buckle up (she had to in my car) and would always say that it would only hurt her if she got in a wreck and didn't care. I tried to tell her that I'm sure the EMT's, etc... are effected when they find people smashed into windshields. Anyways, that video brought back those memories....
Zvibe04

Post by Zvibe04 »

what i would do, go about 20 and floor the brake, them bouncing their head off the dash should knock some sence into them
2004 base vibemoon and tunes pakagealuminum rimsauto trans (hated)this car is my BABY
808 Vibes

Re: (epcIII)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by epcIII »I used to have a girlfriend that didn't like to buckle up (she had to in my car) and would always say that it would only hurt her if she got in a wreck and didn't care. I tried to tell her that I'm sure the EMT's, etc... are effected when they find people smashed into windshields. Years ago I had a crappy job where another girl that once-in-a-blue-moon worked there whose whole face...I swear...was like a cracked eggshell because she had been in a car accident in which she was a passenger and went flying through a windshield because she didn't wear a seatbelt.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
BLargal

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by BLargal »

awsome commercial. Yea I had a few friends back in the day try to tell me that there wasn't any law against wearing a seat belt in the back seat and I told them "its MY law put the buckle on or get out!" Years ago when I owned a grand am I was driving home when a drunk ran a red and hit me if it wasn't for my seat belt i'm sure I as well wouldn't be here to type this either. They had to use the jaws of life to get me out
06pvibe

Re: (BLargal)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BLargal » Years ago when I owned a grand am I was driving home when a drunk ran a red and hit me if it wasn't for my seat belt i'm sure I as well wouldn't be here to type this either. They had to use the jaws of life to get me out OUCH!! That musta' hurt. How long were you in the hospital? What were the extent of your injuries?Did the drunk walk away?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »My frind's a lil hard-headed...ya gotta bribe him with candy or a quarter Your friend isn't a smart person, possibly a little pomp-a$$ as well thinking he / she won't get hurt and doesn't need a seat belt.It's also the law in your state that a seat belt must be worn.http://www.legislature.state.a...4.htmIn many States the driver gets the ticket for unbuckled passengers.If you drive with this passenger not buckled YOU are a fool. I'd tell him that we can't go if you don't buckle. If he won't, ask him to get out of the car so you can continue on your way.It's a time proven easy to use safety device. Sure a very small fraction of accidents had deaths occur because of seat belt use but that number is so very small it is inconsequential. It is even questioned by some if it is true.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
BLargal

Re: That little light that tells you to buckle up! (djkeev)

Post by BLargal »

Actually because of the seatbelt I didn't end up hitting anything because I didn't see it coming my body was more relaxed I just suffered a broken leg and a bad case of whip lash. He ended up paying my doctor bills and lets just say he won't be driving likely ever again.Now as for when I was four and HIT by a car thats a diffrent story, 57 stitches in the head, broken right foot, vertabre in my neck knocked out of allignment causing back and neck pain on and off for the rest of my life and bad short term memory which isn't all that bad now from working on it for so many years, I just can't remember math and spelling to well. I just keep taking a beating and keep on tickin :D
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »the car don't move till the click is heard in my car.same thing happens in my carAs for the light, I often carry a backpack or something else on the passenger seat and got tired of it flashing, so I just unhooked the light. Mine's an 03, so no beeping to deal with for that.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

as a professional driver, the facts and statistics that we learn, the videos, etc. will make anyone think twice about not using a seatbelt. The excuse that you are safer in ANY accident without one is a gross misstatement. It will never fly in my car EVER.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
Zvibe04

Post by Zvibe04 »

ive used the brake-check method on my friends, it gets them to remember to buckle up in my car real quick
2004 base vibemoon and tunes pakagealuminum rimsauto trans (hated)this car is my BABY
Water boy

Re: (Zvibe04)

Post by Water boy »

Quote, originally posted by Zvibe04 »ive used the brake-check method on my friends, it gets them to remember to buckle up in my car real quickI did the same thing with my Astro Van. Every once in awhile a kid would come tumbling toward the front. Of course my kids new what was coming.
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I even make my own dad put on a seatbelt in my car (Like, stop and put the car in park as soon as I see the light/beep and not go until it's on)! It's not that I don't trust myself to be careful... but I certainly don't trust everyone else out there on the road!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I once had to pick my BF's younger brother and his friend up from the mall. They sat in the back seat, and when I made a turn, they slid across the seats. Needless to say, I was shocked that they weren't wearing their belts--seriously, I thought EVERYONE did that. They will not be riding in my car ever again, especially after I saw pictures of someone who got a rear passenger's teeth embedded in his skull during a collision. Some exercise will do them good, too.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
WhiteLightning

Re: That little light that tells you to buckle up!

Post by WhiteLightning »

I always buckle up. My fiance rarely did until one day as we're in his truck coming home from a day on the lake. He wasn't wearing his and when we fish-tailed (going 35 MPH) and hit a tree line and flipped he changed his tune. He was nearly tossed out of the vehicle but surprisingly, I got hurt worse from being buckled in and hitting my head against the passenger window. The bruise and "burns" from the seat belt catching me were pretty nasty too. But, the way we flipped, I would have been tossed out for sure if it hadn't been for the seat belt. But, he now wears his seat belt every where, every time.
04/29/11 No mods, all stock.
03VibeOttawa

Re: That little light that tells you to buckle up!

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I guess I'm lucky that seatbelt safety isn't even an issue for me. I don't know anyone who would drive for any length of time without a seat belt on (umm..Duh?).I sometimes buckle up my passenger belt when I'm driving alone with >40 lbs of cargo on my passenger seat, to stop the light from blinking.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.