Illinois meet soon?

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
houseofbugs

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »...aka... how much can I fit in the Vibe's fabulous cargo space!?!? Fold flat front seat ftw!What about the husband?
ponta2147

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »What about the husband?The black Pontiac G6 GT Coupe following behind me.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »The black Pontiac G6 GT Coupe following behind me. G6 GT= Sexy
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Extra chairs would be helpful. I think we've got 5-7 depending on which chairs we bring. Whatever else you want to bring is fine! And I've still gotta finish my car... just got back about an hour ago and washed/dried it, still need to detail a little bit and vacuum. Cutting it close!No problem, I will bring our four folding chairs than. Definitely better to have too many than not enough.Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I just spent 5 hours detailing the outside of the Vibe today. I will be doing my interior tomorrow morning. I will be there around 11:30/12. My cell is 708-220-4621 if anyone needs anything.I wanted to do a full out detail on the Vibe but I just didn't have the energy after working all day. It looks fine though . Yours looks great as well ! Can't wait to see it in person in a few hours!Quote, originally posted by tribalman »i plan on getting there about noon. no chance in heck i'm getting up before 11am. i don't see how anybody can . i'll be checking here before i head out at about 11:30 so if you need something send me a pm and i'll try and get back to you. i would post my phone, but public viewable forum and all.I've been up since 7! I get up at 5:45 everyday for work though so 7 is sleeping in for me !Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »The Details:Members attending: 8Weather Report: Mostly sunny and 73! Food: Burgers, Brats, Dogs, Chips, Pop, and the obligatory veggie tray. If anyone wants something else, bring it along. Supplies: 8ft table, 5 folding chairs (bring your own if you want), Weber q300 grill and propane tank, a few coolers with ice, plates/forks/knives/napkins/cups...aka... how much can I fit in the Vibe's fabulous cargo space!?!? Fold flat front seat ftw!Huge thank you to you and your husband for getting and bringing everything ! I should be there a bit early to help you guys set everything up.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »The black Pontiac G6 GT Coupe following behind me.Pontiac FTW!I tried to get my friend Dave to come in his Solstice GXP but he has to work .Well, I am online wasting a little bit of time before I get in the shower and head out. I will be leaving by 9:45. That should put me there near 11.It's gorgeous outside. Perfect day for a Vibe meet !See everyone in a few hours!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I tried to get my friend Dave to come in his Solstice GXP but he has to work .Mmm, Solstice. Actually I preferred the styling of the Saturn Sky out of the two, but the Solstice is so... awesome... and curvy... I will stop that sentence before it becomes inappropriate!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Getting in the shower now. Stopping at Walmart for a memory card for my camera and the new Slash CD, than hitting the road! Drive safe everyone!
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Headin out see y'all between 11:30/noon.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Had a great time today!Post up your pics! I'll do mine at some point when I get back from dinner.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Had a great time today!man you're quick! oh that's right you only live 10 minutes away yup, good times! great to meet all of you, put faces to names/nicknames and see some sweet cars!how many cameras were there?
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
DiveNut

Re: Illinois meet soon? (houseofbugs)

Post by DiveNut »

My daughters and I had a great time. Too bad we could not stay longer. It was really good to meet you all.A big thanks to Michelle for making the meet happen. Nice job! (Her Hubby did a good job manning the grill too!)
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Just got home, and the Vibe is crippled! I was almost to Aurora and tire went flat . Good thing I had a spare with me. Somehow my valve stem got cut on something, or it looks like an animal was mauling on it. Great meeting everyone I hadn't met yet, and good seeing Jerry and Josh again(I almost thought about spying you at work bud). We had a great turnout this meet hopeful we can do it again sometime.Michelle thanks for organizing the meet and thanks to Chris for cooking the food, he was an outcast so it was fair he cooked Well I gotta go put a new valve stem in the tire!Aron
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

was nice to meet everyone! i felt like there were lots of nice rides....and then mine. it was a lot of fun talking to everyone, showing off our little mods and adjustments!audio, hope everything else is ok on the car.i hope everyone else got home or to their destinations ok. i'll post up my pictures later, i didn't take too many though. have a good weekend and i hope to see you all again at another meet maybe in fall before that next school year
None. Vibe is gone.
ramenboy...

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Just got home, and the Vibe is crippled! I was almost to Aurora and tire went flat . Good thing I had a spare with me. Somehow my valve stem got cut on something, or it looks like an animal was mauling on it. Great meeting everyone I hadn't met yet, and good seeing Jerry and Josh again(I almost thought about spying you at work bud). We had a great turnout this meet hopeful we can do it again sometime.Michelle thanks for organizing the meet and thanks to Chris for cooking the food, he was an outcast so it was fair he cooked Well I gotta go put a new valve stem in the tire!Arondude, we were talking about your spare just before everyone left! glad everything worked out. must have been that damned canadien goose gang that mauled the valve stem...same here. good to see you and josh again, and great to meet michelle (and chris... great cheeseburger!) bugs and J. great group of folks. divenut catch you next timegreat cars. great time
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
vibenvy

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Had a great time today!Post up your pics! I'll do mine at some point when I get back from dinner. I had a great time as well!Here are my pictures.Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »man you're quick! oh that's right you only live 10 minutes away yup, good times! great to meet all of you, put faces to names/nicknames and see some sweet cars!how many cameras were there?Yeah, that 10 minute drive must have been brutal . Hopefully the grill didn't attack you on the way home!Definitely great to meet everyone!I think pretty much all of us had a camera so there will be many pictures.Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »My daughters and I had a great time. Too bad we could not stay longer. It was really good to meet you all.A big thanks to Michelle for making the meet happen. Nice job! (Her Hubby did a good job manning the grill too!) It was great meeting you and your daughters. It was definitely too bad you guys couldn't have stayed longer. The wind died down right when we were getting ready to leave . Definitely a huge thank you to Michelle and Chris for doing everything for us. You guys are the best !Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Just got home, and the Vibe is crippled! I was almost to Aurora and tire went flat . Good thing I had a spare with me. Somehow my valve stem got cut on something, or it looks like an animal was mauling on it. Great meeting everyone I hadn't met yet, and good seeing Jerry and Josh again(I almost thought about spying you at work bud). We had a great turnout this meet hopeful we can do it again sometime.Michelle thanks for organizing the meet and thanks to Chris for cooking the food, he was an outcast so it was fair he cooked Well I gotta go put a new valve stem in the tire!That sucks Aron. I actually thought you were going to get pulled over for no front plate when you pulled out of Busse. I saw the cop go flying behind you. I thought that would suck since you were just talking about never getting bothered for it .We will definitely be doing another meet! We need to start planning for the next one to give everyone time to arrange schedules and such.I had a great time everyone and it was great meeting you all. I love all your Vibes and you are all great fun people. I definitely can't wait for the next meet. I'm off to ice my face !
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I'm off to ice my face !hahhahahahahaahahahah
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I'm off to ice my face !Yeah we're both a bit sunburned too, Chris has raccoon eyes lol!Loved hosting this! Great seeing everyone! You guys are all awesome people. I may even actually remember your names. Let's totally do this again sometime. I liked Carrie's idea of doing a meet or mini-meet at the drive-in out by her. And I blame you people for making me want to buy more fun things for the car... *shakes fist*I will actually post my pics sometime (I'll stick them in the other thread), but probably not till tomorrow evening so... suspense!
vibenvy

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »hahhahahahahaahahahah Yep... gotta love being a relative of Casper .My ex (who's Mexican) used to tell me I'm not white, I'm transparent .Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Yeah we're both a bit sunburned too, Chris has raccoon eyes lol!Loved hosting this! Great seeing everyone! You guys are all awesome people. I may even actually remember your names. Let's totally do this again sometime. I liked Carrie's idea of doing a meet or mini-meet at the drive-in out by her. And I blame you people for making me want to buy more fun things for the car... *shakes fist*I will actually post my pics sometime (I'll stick them in the other thread), but probably not till tomorrow evening so... suspense!At least I'm not the only one !You and Chris are the awesome ones for doing everything for this meet!Here's the link for the Drive In. It would definitely be a great time and I still think a whole row of Vibes would make for some truly awesome pictures!Can't wait to see everyone else's pictures! I will be using the ones you guys took of my car to add to my Car Domain and Facebook pages in addition to the ones I took .For anyone who has Facebook, feel free to add me!
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Yeah we're both a bit sunburned too, Chris has raccoon eyes lol!hahaha good look!!!!!Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I liked Carrie's idea of doing a meet or mini-meet at the drive-in out by her. that does sound like a cool idea... if everyone's still in sandwich when the sun goes down, we could listen to the movie audio through aron and josh's vibes!!!!!Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Yep... gotta love being a relative of Casper .at least you're a friendly ghost!michelle, still impressed that that table fit in the vibe! got me to thinking that a pontiac vibe hearse conversion would have done wonders for pontiac's fleet sales... P0ST THE PICS N0W. N0W!!!!!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »at least you're a friendly ghost!LMAOI still can't believe you're 50 Jerry !
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »LMAOI still can't believe you're 50 Jerry !jeeez!!!!! way to keep it a secret!!! hahahahaahahayeah that's what the bouncers say
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »that does sound like a cool idea... if everyone's still in sandwich when the sun goes down, we could listen to the movie audio through aron and josh's vibes!!!!!And actually be able to show off our various aftermarket headlight mods.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »jeeez!!!!! way to keep it a secret!!! hahahahaahahayeah that's what the bouncers say LOL I can't help it, I am still in shock !Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »And actually be able to show off our various aftermarket headlight mods. Good point!
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »LOL I can't help it, I am still in shock !so am i Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »And actually be able to show off our various aftermarket headlight mods. oooh that's right... HIR ftw!!!! did you ever do a review of those bulbs? i wonder if they've got the 9003/h4.
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »oooh that's right... HIR ftw!!!! did you ever do a review of those bulbs? i wonder if they've got the 9003/h4.An unofficial quick review in my original thread... probably something more comprehensive after I've had them a while. Initial review is very good! And OK people I posted my freaking pictures in the other thread!
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »And OK people I posted my freaking pictures in the other thread!hahahahaha josh had his tripod... we should have taken a group pic! next time.nice pics everyone!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I had a great time meeting everyone and checking out everyone's cars. It's great to find people who have the same interests.I tripped a CEL on the way back. I am going to get the code read tomorrow and if its the same PO171 for running too lean I may be taking the CAI off if there are no vacuum leaks.Actually Ramenboy you mentioned that you had a SRI. I would be willing to take a drive out your way if you would let me borrow it so I can see if its my CAI not working right. I would appreciate it. IM me on here or if you are still up give me a call @ 708-220-4621. I have tomorrow off so if we could meet up that would be awesome!Here are my pics:http://www.timothyhoogland.com...-2010/
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »hahahahaha josh had his tripod... we should have taken a group pic! next time.nice pics everyone!Ahhh we did before you got there. Way to be late!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »so am i LOLQuote, originally posted by ponta2147 »And OK people I posted my freaking pictures in the other thread!Yay! I will look at them tomorrow though. I really need to get to bed .Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »josh had his tripod... we should have taken a group pic!We did take one before Pat and his daughters left, but we didn't take another one after you got there. Just another excuse to have another meet!Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I had a great time meeting everyone and checking out everyone's cars. It's great to find people who have the same interests.I agree! Nice meeting you again Tim! And very nice Vibe for sure !Okay guys and girls, I am going to bed for real this time .
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Ahhh we did before you got there. Way to be late! :/tim, yup, i've got the cai. but not sure it will work on an o5... i think the way it breaks down is: o3-o4 was cable throttle...o5 and up are drive-by-wire...
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »:/tim, yup, i've got the cai. but not sure it will work on an o5... i think the way it breaks down is: o3-o4 was cable throttle...o5 and up are drive-by-wire... It will. It's the air opening that matters.~Tim
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »That sucks Aron. I actually thought you were going to get pulled over for no front plate when you pulled out of Busse. I saw the cop go flying behind you. I thought that would suck since you were just talking about never getting bothered for it .Your not the only one I thought I was gonna get nailed for something, and he didn't look nice at all.Got the tire fixed now just gotta put it back on,Jerry I am now thinking that is why the people were feeding the Geese, they were paying in advance because the Vibe is way better then a Taurus.BTW you guys should frequent the park more often, it is the only place you will ever see Deer stop and look both ways before crossing the road, and I,m not joking.Jerry even with proof I can't believe, dood you are goon live to be 150 and still get carded.Tim sucks about the CEL, seems like what people talked about not happening ended up happening.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »It will. It's the air opening that matters.~Timok lets see... i'll try to get in touch with you when i get back to the southside... then you can check out the intake for a few daysQuote, originally posted by auidovibe »Jerry I am now thinking that is why the people were feeding the Geese, they were paying in advance because the Vibe is way better then a Taurus.hahahahahaha
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »ok lets see... i'll try to get in touch with you when i get back to the southside... then you can check out the intake for a few dayshahahahahaha What part do you live in? I am in Alsip and don't mind driving a little out of my way to get it from you. I could leave my CAI as colatteral. I am free all day tomorrow so it would be great if I could get it from you then. Thanks in advance!~Tim
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »jeeez!!!!! way to keep it a secret!!! hahahahaahahayeah that's what the bouncers say Good to know. I thought I was the Old Fart at 46!
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

ramenboy...

Re: (DiveNut)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Good to know. I thought I was the Old Fart at 46! the vibe keeps us young
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »the vibe keeps us young That's right!I saw you heading towards the entrance as I was leaving. We passed each other going the other way. Nice looking ride.

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Your not the only one I thought I was gonna get nailed for something, and he didn't look nice at all.Got the tire fixed now just gotta put it back on,Glad he didn't get you. I was like, "Oh no!" when I saw you pull out and him take off.Also glad to hear you got the tire fixed!
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »That's right!I saw you heading towards the entrance as I was leaving. We passed each other going the other way. Nice looking ride. were you turning left into the other bank of picnic sites to turn around? ha i had no idea where i was going... i was gonna follow you hope the supercharger and vibe are treating you well catch you at the next meet!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Well I got my CEL all fixed. It was a bad intake manifold gasket. About 3 hours of work for a $10 part. But it also gave me an excuse to install a SRI to try over my CAI.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »were you turning left into the other bank of picnic sites to turn around? ha i had no idea where i was going... i was gonna follow you hope the supercharger and vibe are treating you well catch you at the next meet!Exactly! I saw you slow down, thought you might pull in behind me LOL. Will have to catch up at the next meet. And yes, the Vibe puts a smile on my face every day I drive it!

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »And yes, the Vibe puts a smile on my face every day I drive it!I'll bet it does !
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »And yes, the Vibe puts a smile on my face every day I drive it!That's what she said LOL. I got my intake manifold gakset all fixed! I didn't kill my engine while doing it either. ~Tim
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »That's what she said LOL. I got my intake manifold gakset all fixed! I didn't kill my engine while doing it either. ~Timsuweet. so you know its fixed with the short ram in... did you put the cai in too to see what happens?
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

OK Guys and Girls! I miss you all already! Lets set another date!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

For May the only days that won't work for me are:- Saturday May 8th - family birthday party- Friday, Saturday & Sunday May 21st - 23rd - WI GM-Tuners Meet in the DellsWhat about locations? I think Starved Rock would be a great location *hint hint*!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I've got almost no Saturdays free in May, but Sundays are ok. Otherwise I'd have to pass that one up and wait till June/July/August.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Sundays are fine with me.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

may is out for me. let's do june and the drive in!i call i get to watch the movie is audiovibe's car. it'll sound the clearest.
None. Vibe is gone.
ramenboy...

Re: (tribalman)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »may is out for me. let's do june and the drive in!i call i get to watch the movie is audiovibe's car. it'll sound the clearest.i'm out for june weekends are pretty booked. but lets keep working on this one. drive-in should be tons of fun.josh... 8 more posts!!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Well, FYI for everyone the Drive In is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. I don't know if that makes a difference for anyone or not, but just putting that information out there. I don't really have anything major planned for the next few months so I can pretty much do a meet whenever.I am planning on going there soon and I will be sure to get some pictures to show you guys since their website sucks .