Illinois meet soon?

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
ramenboy...

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by ramenboy... »

if its one of my free weekends, i'm in... where?the last mini vibe meet we had a few years ago was me, tribalman and audiovibe.glad there's more of us here now!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
ponta2147

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by ponta2147 »

Is Schaumburg still a good location? I know we're all over the place in Illinois, just seems like it's a good intersection of all the highways. We could try to do a meetup over at Busse woods, I've heard good things about doing things there. And I'm totally not biased by only living ten minutes away... lol. But if we do it up here, I'll be down for doing most of the planning and organizing since it's nearby. Otherwise, wherever! I love driving this car!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »... if we do it up here, I'll be down for doing most of the planning and organizing since it's nearby...that seals the deal for me! busse woods!!! hahahah no actually that's where our mini meet was too. we can bring a grill or two... by 'we' i mean 'anyone.' it might be fun to grab some marinated meat from mitsuwa and have a bbq.then again, if its that nice out, i might show up on the triumph instead
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »that seals the deal for me! busse woods!!! hahahah no actually that's where our mini meet was too. we can bring a grill or two... by 'we' i mean 'anyone.' it might be fun to grab some marinated meat from mitsuwa and have a bbq.then again, if its that nice out, i might show up on the triumph instead That would be perfect... we have a Weber Q300 which would be great for this... (large surface and portable) the hubby loves to BBQ so I'll drag him along. :-P
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »That would be perfect... we have a Weber Q300 which would be great for this... (large surface and portable) the hubby loves to BBQ so I'll drag him along. :-Pjeez you're on it!!!! you guys bring the grill and hopefully the rest of us can bring whatever has to be cooked. right lava? tribalman? J? now all i have to do is make sure i'm free!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ok how about this:Everyone post the weekend days in April that they are free, and we'll figure out which is the best day.I am free on the 3rd, 10th, and 17th.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

10 and 24 april are my free weekendsanyone else?
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i'm free the 3rd, 10th, 24th but only up until about 5pm, i'm sure i'll have to work those evenings. i can bring a pack of hotdogs and a pack of buns.
None. Vibe is gone.
ramenboy...

Re: (tribalman)

Post by ramenboy... »

so far the 10th is working for 3 of us....hey josh you get over to cheeserburger in paradise much? gotta meet some friends there sometime this week
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »hey josh you get over to cheeserburger in paradise much? gotta meet some friends there sometime this weekwhich one are you going to? there are 3 in our area. i'll see what's up with my schedule.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

3rd & 4th | 10th & 11th | 24th & 25th are all good for me in April.I love driving the Vibe so I really don't care where we meet . I can bring chips, pop, whatever we need. I guess I better get my (removed) in gear and get the calipers painted black and get the 18s back on.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tribalman

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I guess I better get my (removed) in gear and get the calipers painted black and get the 18s back on.ugh. i forgot, i need to repaint mine. i didn't to it right last summer so the paint has chipped off and also rusted. bah.
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

It's looking like the 10th will be a winner... I'll wait for some more input but in the meantime I'll check out some good places to meet at Busse.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I am free that day but only until 6pm.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

What does everyone think about a 1pm start time on the 10th? Probably go till 5 or 6.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Sounds good. I would even say make it noon.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i 2nd a noon meetup. are we going to plan a rain day or just say if it rains, canceled?
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ok then. Genvibe Illinois Meetup: Noon till 5-6pm on April 10th at Busse Woods (Specific location TBD)Grill/BBQ Lunch(we can decide if we want to divide up who brings what, or if you guys just want me to go buy the bulk of it and give me some moneyz when you get there. Might be easier to set up if we do the latter.)Attending:ponta2147 + 1tribalmanhouseofbugsramenboyJ_TO_ENVYI'll keep a running list so that we can bring the appropriate amount of food and snacks. Everyone else who wants to go please respond, and let me know if you're planning on bringing anyone. Dunno about a rain day, I know I personally am not free the next day.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

12/1pm-5/6pm on the 10th sounds cool.now i have to wash the car but i'll leave the rear drums rust colored so everyone can see how suweet they look who knows, there might even be leaves on the trees by then!!! woohoo!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Right now I am tentative as I don't think the wife has any plans for me. I'll post up tonight or tomorrow a definite answer. That does mean I to will have to wash the car, poor thing hasn't been washed since early November.BTW everyone watch your speed in the park, Park Patrol was bad last year.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
vibenvy

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by vibenvy »

April 10th at noon is fine by me! This means next weekend I will definitely have to get the calipers painted and get the 18s back on . Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Grill/BBQ Lunch(we can decide if we want to divide up who brings what, or if you guys just want me to go buy the bulk of it and give me some moneyz when you get there. Might be easier to set up if we do the latter.)If you're willing to buy the stuff, it would probably be easier if we all just gave you money. Either way is fine by me though. I have no problem stopping and getting stuff on the way. Attending:1. ponta2147 + 12. tribalman3. houseofbugs4. ramenboy...5. J TO ENVY6. audiovibe (tentative)
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

The wife is going to a concert that day so I'll be there.Aron
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Woohoo, this is exciting!I think I will just buy the stuff, how does ten bucks a person sound? Gonna buy burgers, hotdogs, chips, pop, etc. and we will bring the Weber Q300 and our long folding table (in the Vibe of course with the fold flat front seat!) and plates/cups/other crap. If we can get a couple more people to show up, ten bucks each will cover all food expenses.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Woohoo, this is exciting!I think I will just buy the stuff, how does ten bucks a person sound? Gonna buy burgers, hotdogs, chips, pop, etc. and we will bring the Weber Q300 and our long folding table (in the Vibe of course with the fold flat front seat!) and plates/cups/other crap. If we can get a couple more people to show up, ten bucks each will cover all food expenses.$10 sounds good. should be fun. at the end of the day, we should see how much we can stuff into the vibe!!!! hahahahah
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

$10 sounds good to me. I will be there.
vibenvy

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibenvy »

$10.00 is fine by me! I can't wait! This is going to be fun ! I just hope the weather doesn't screw everything up again.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Hooray!We'll probably bring some sort of... outdoor activities items... I dunno, frisbees? If anyone wants to bring anything, go ahead!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Hooray!We'll probably bring some sort of... outdoor activities items... I dunno, frisbees? If anyone wants to bring anything, go ahead! i always have a disk in my car, never know when i'm going to play a game of ultimate!i'll also have my camera and a tripod.
None. Vibe is gone.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

also, i now have a new mod! i might be doing more before the meet so make sure you come so you can check it out! i will post pictures later on here for those members who live too far to drive out here. i'm hoping to win vibe of the month soon!
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »also, i now have a new mod! i might be doing more before the meet so make sure you come so you can check it out! i will post pictures later on here for those members who live too far to drive out here. i'm hoping to win vibe of the month soon!Yay mods!I'll hopefully have my new headlight bulbs (totally irrelevant for a daytime meetup ) but I probably won't have my seat covers yet. I hope I do, but don't want to get too excited...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Frisbee sounds good!I will have a new "mod" too! The calipers will be painted black (big deal I know )! Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I'll hopefully have my new headlight bulbsWhat kind of bulbs are you getting?
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I actually just installed HID kits from DDMTuning.com and they turned out REALLY nice. I went with the 35 watt 5000K HI/LO H4 kit for my headlights and the 35 watt 6000K 9006 for my fogs. They cost me $140 total. It would have been cheaper but they forgot to include the required relay box and one of the bulbs came damaged so I had to pay $35 for next day shipping because I wanted them in for the meet that never happened..
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Frisbee sounds good!What kind of bulbs are you getting?Getting the Philips X-Treme Power ones that were highly recommended in other discussions around here. Just for the low beams, I am happy with the performance of all of my other lights.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I actually just installed HID kits from DDMTuning.com and they turned out REALLY nice. I went with the 35 watt 5000K HI/LO H4 kit for my headlights and the 35 watt 6000K 9006 for my fogs. They cost me $140 total. It would have been cheaper but they forgot to include the required relay box and one of the bulbs came damaged so I had to pay $35 for next day shipping because I wanted them in for the meet that never happened..Glad to hear this! I am currently waiting for my DDM 35W 5000K slim ballast HIDs to arrive (supposed to be here Tuesday!). I got the H10s for the fog lights and 9006s for the low beams. I am so psyched since everyone keeps raving about how great they are. It's just too bad like ponta said that it's a day meet . We'll all have to hang around 'til dark so we can show off our lights .DDM is nuts! They dropped the price of the slim ballast kits from $49.95 to $45.00 a day or two before I placed my order. Than two days after I placed my order they dropped the price again from $45.00 to $35.00. I am going to call them Monday and get a price adjustment (store credit) since that is a $40 difference for me (I ordered two pairs of H10s and two pairs of 9006s - one pair each for my Vibe and one pair each for my mom's). My total with shipping was $199.03. Not bad at all in my opinion for four pairs of HIDs .Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Getting the Philips X-Treme Power ones that were highly recommended in other discussions around here. Just for the low beams, I am happy with the performance of all of my other lights. Nice .
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »We'll all have to hang around 'til dark so we can show off our lights .Won't we all be sick of each other by then? Naw, but I think the parks close BTW I saw you mention the silverstars for the backup lights... might be a good idea after I tint my windows. Since backup lights are used so infrequently, you think there will probably be less of a problem with early burning out? For that price (and the Autozone a mile away) it might be worth checking out. Who knows, by then we might have earned our "free $20" from autozone and I could pick up a couple pairs at no cost.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Won't we all be sick of each other by then? Naw, but I think the parks close BTW I saw you mention the silverstars for the backup lights... might be a good idea after I tint my windows. Since backup lights are used so infrequently, you think there will probably be less of a problem with early burning out? For that price (and the Autozone a mile away) it might be worth checking out. Who knows, by then we might have earned our "free $20" from autozone and I could pick up a couple pairs at no cost. How much did those run you? I have had those before and they only lasted about 6 months and the Cool Blue & Silver Stars were about the same. I got tired of overpriced halogens.Here is a comparison of HID and the ones that you are ordering:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

has anyone invited the 9GC members? they should come too!i was checking on the preserve's website and on the inline skating page i saw this: "(Speed radar monitored.) Violaters will be ticketed." one thing that made me laugh is the spelling mistake, the other is inline skaters being ticketed for speeding. xD for a meeting spot i say this location because it has a shelter thingy hopefully with extra grills nearby, lots of field, parking right there too http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...&z=18 if you want i can head into work a bit early and take some pictures of the area and post them when i get home later today. like i said, i work right across the street so it's no biggie.
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »How much did those run you? I have had those before and they only lasted about 6 months and the Cool Blue & Silver Stars were about the same. I got tired of overpriced halogens.Here is a comparison of HID and the ones that you are ordering:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...latedWell of COURSE the HIDs are going to be brighter, that goes without saying. But the Philips will be much brighter than the stock bulbs, and when you include the fog lights that is plenty of light for me. I'm never going to get HIDs, I hate it when other people on the road have them because it makes me go blind, and I don't want to be one of those people either. Plus, installing them is more work than I want to do. Quote, originally posted by tribalman »has anyone invited the 9GC members? they should come too!Invite whoever! Just post here who is coming and tell them they need to give me $10. As to where to meet, we took a preliminary drive out there the other day (I live in Palatine which is literally 10 min north on the highway) and I saw a pretty good spot off of Golf road as well which was close to a shelter AND bathroom (lol), and the spot you posted looks good too... well what I am probably going to do is have to find out which areas have already been reserved by people with big group permits, if any. Then figure out which good spots are left. I'll keep everyone posted.BTW if we get more than 25 people we'd have to get a permit technically. Somehow I don't think it'll get that high, but just FYI.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Not sure I can do the 10th. Gotta check the kids' schedules, i.e. soccer, gymnastics etc...Will definitely swing by if the timing works out, even if it's for just a little while. My daughters are both little gear heads and love attending meets/shows. Hope to see you all there.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Well of COURSE the HIDs are going to be brighter, that goes without saying. But the Philips will be much brighter than the stock bulbs, and when you include the fog lights that is plenty of light for me. I'm never going to get HIDs, I hate it when other people on the road have them because it makes me go blind, and I don't want to be one of those people either. Plus, installing them is more work than I want to do. The HID's are not that bad to install. If you have HI/LO in one its a little more work but I believe that you have a separate bulb. The hardest part is mounting the ballasts which just consists of finding a spot to stick it to. I also zip-tied mine just in case the tape decided not to hold. Also the standard kits are only $30 each. You can check mine out if you want at the meet.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Any new people to add to the list? Quick recap of info: Sat. April 10th from Noon to 5/6pm @Busse Woods, Schaumburg IL, $10 for food.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Won't we all be sick of each other by then? Naw, but I think the parks close BTW I saw you mention the silverstars for the backup lights... might be a good idea after I tint my windows. Since backup lights are used so infrequently, you think there will probably be less of a problem with early burning out? For that price (and the Autozone a mile away) it might be worth checking out. Who knows, by then we might have earned our "free $20" from autozone and I could pick up a couple pairs at no cost.Yeah, you're right, we will probably be sick of gloating over our Vibes with other Vibe lovers by dark .Yeah, I would highly suggest getting the Silver Stars for the reverse lights, especially if you're going to get your windows tinted. They're only $7.99 a pair at Auto Zone and since you don't use your reverse lights that much they should last quite a while. Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »How much did those run you? I have had those before and they only lasted about 6 months and the Cool Blue & Silver Stars were about the same. I got tired of overpriced halogens.My Silver Stars must be freaks of nature . They have all (low & high beams and fog lights) been installed for almost a year now and have yet to burn out. The ones in my mom's Vibe are quickly approaching a year without burning out too.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Well of COURSE the HIDs are going to be brighter, that goes without saying. But the Philips will be much brighter than the stock bulbs, and when you include the fog lights that is plenty of light for me. I'm never going to get HIDs, I hate it when other people on the road have them because it makes me go blind, and I don't want to be one of those people either. Plus, installing them is more work than I want to do. I have been contemplating this and I think I am actually going to be returning the HIDs when they arrive tomorrow. I feel the same way as you do. I hate when I am blinded by people with them and I don't want to be the one blinding people. The Silver Stars I have now are plenty bright enough for me, plus I did the independent fog light mod so when I am driving in the country and there's no one else around, my fog lights stay on with my high beams which makes a big difference .Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Not sure I can do the 10th. Gotta check the kids' schedules, i.e. soccer, gymnastics etc...Will definitely swing by if the timing works out, even if it's for just a little while. My daughters are both little gear heads and love attending meets/shows. Hope to see you all there.Hope you can make it!As far as locations go, just keep me updated. Close to a bathroom is always a good spot .
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

the main bathrooms to the right when you first enter the park (about 1/2 mi in) were just redone last year other then that there are only port-a-potty's, until you go further in to the park. What area of Busse were you all thinkin? My vote is the first park off 290http://maps.google.com/maps?f=...&z=14
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »As far as locations go, just keep me updated. Close to a bathroom is always a good spot .the location i posted has forest right near by. i have work later today so i'll try and head out there earlier and scout some places and take photos with links to the locations on google maps. i should have them up in the short time i have between jobs.
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »the location i posted has forest right near by. i have work later today so i'll try and head out there earlier and scout some places and take photos with links to the locations on google maps. i should have them up in the short time i have between jobs.Nice what time will you be there? If I'm free maybe I'll come find you and we can figure this out.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

PS This is the spot I initially found, off of Golf road, I just liked it because there was lots of parking with almost no one over there, bathrooms, and even a covered thingie if we want to use it. But totally open to ideas.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Just gotta be careful no one have the pavilion reserved, not sure what the reserve rate is.
tribalman

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by tribalman »

there are so many we can possibly just move to a new area, or not even use one. ;Pi'm working on the photos right now; uploading, sorting, etc. but a word of warning for those of you who have to drive on i-355 and i-290 northbound, construction starts tonight and 1 lane each direction will be closed according to the signs that have been up for a few weeks. 290 will be from chicago somewhere to thorndale ave. 355 will be from i assume just past the last toll booth (army trail road) to the junction and then to thorndale ave.
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »there are so many we can possibly just move to a new area, or not even use one. ;Pi'm working on the photos right now; uploading, sorting, etc. but a word of warning for those of you who have to drive on i-355 and i-290 northbound, construction starts tonight and 1 lane each direction will be closed according to the signs that have been up for a few weeks. 290 will be from chicago somewhere to thorndale ave. 355 will be from i assume just past the last toll booth (army trail road) to the junction and then to thorndale ave.Good point!I am mad about that, being from Palatine... way to cut me off from the rest of the area, construction!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

these photos are from my google map link:these are from a bit further up the road towards the boat launch areas:these are from ponta's map: i kinda prefer grove 24, but i'm not the only one who's going. suggestions?
None. Vibe is gone.