July 12 PCA Autox - GTRRRR!!!!!

Discussions about legally sanctioned general motorsports events
AKLGT

July 12 PCA Autox - GTRRRR!!!!!

Post by AKLGT »

So this past weekend was my second event of this season while my car's been down and out. I drove Mav's 07 STI at the May 18 event and did so poorly I swore off autox. Well, since my buddy hit the ditch in my car twice during the Dec Rallyx event, he owed me an event in his GTR. All I can say is that all cars suck and I want one very badly! It handles, it delivers power so smooth, even entirely stock. He's ready to go stage 1 but hasn't yet installed the Cobb AP (not sure why, he bugged me long enough to get it once I ordered it for him). It renewed my love for the sport and also helped me realize that I am actually pretty good when I'm not over thinking, over concentrating, over analyzing or being over competitive, but just drive and have fun! I finished 9th overall out of 44, Phil beat me with his last run by .057 sec! amazing how just one slight miss on the brake or gas can bump you from the next spot. Overall, the day was gorgeous, 75 deg here in our 20+ hours of day light, we both got nice and burned a little.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

oops! a little off roading in the Corvette! Doug's first autox eventRC's first autox event
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

VideosMavrik (one of his morning runs - slow but he's much faster in the afternoon) Fastest run was a 49.196, .057 sec faster than me.RalphRon in his ZR-1Taig- it may not have a turbo, but he's hella fast!Clint in his Evo 8Ryan's fastest run - 2nd fastest of the day 36.980My fastest time of the day - 39.255
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS