Home Sweet Homepage

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
mkowdley
Site Admin

Home Sweet Homepage

Post by mkowdley »

Okay, a couple of comments in other threads were in line with my observations, mainly that the "homepage" (http://www.genvibe.com/ ) was not really a useful page, wasn't getting updated, suggested we were a dead site (news last updated 2006 ). I've move some redirects around a bit so that visitors going to the www site should be sent directly to the forums. The old homepage is still there and the link now says "STORIES" near the top left of your page.Let me know if you notice any weirdness with any of the redirects, graphics, links, etc.In theory this is a temporary change, once I've spent some time thinking about CMS then we'll want some new kind of homepage, that highlights active forum stuff but also has places for featured stories or registries or whatever. I'm sure however that you've observed the glacial pace at which things get updated, so I figured this is a good interim solution.Thanks all for your suggestions on this, and if you have any new ones related to this new page map, please pass them along.Mike K.
BlueCrush

Re: Home Sweet Homepage (mkowdley)

Post by BlueCrush »

I'm noticing a different forum font. I kinda like it.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Home Sweet Homepage (BlueCrush)

Post by mkowdley »

Yeah, I am going to have to go through and axe some of the things like that, all those little nav links used to be images, but I don't have the font that they use, nor do I have the inclination to fire up photo shop every time I want to make a navigation change. So I've just replaced them with text, which means that the exact look will be influenced by your browser, graphics settings, etc.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Home Sweet Genvibe!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I like the style tweak. The previous formatting had the default text (if you weren't logged in) to be too small for my old eyes, now that its different, one of my browsers has huge text, (guess I had jacked up the font for genvibe on that one) Another difference is that now genvibe doesn't freak out my phone's browser.Thanks again for our home here.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Home Sweet Homepage (joatmon)

Post by mkowdley »

I had undid the change mentioned in the OP during the hardware problems, I just now redid it.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

not trying to be picky, but the News and Guide links at the top of every page take you to some pretty old info.