Gambell, Guts and Glory RallyCross-January 3, 2009 (56k death)

Discussions about legally sanctioned general motorsports events
Mavrik

Gambell, Guts and Glory RallyCross-January 3, 2009 (56k death)

Post by Mavrik »

Well we had another rally cross yesterday Jan 3,2009. It was a blast even if it was really cold. And I mean REALLY cold. It was about -17 out most of the day. At least it was sunny. Thankfully with the way the course was set up this time around, there was pull in spots for cars at the corner stations. I took advantage of that and stood with my hands inside my car most of the time I was working a corner.Here is a link to the pictures but I'll post up a few of my fav.http://smg.photobucket.com/alb...%2009/password is Password. yup your reading that correctly.posing in the cold for a 50 year alaska statehood moment.wheeeeeStartingold and new (still never took what remained of my front lip off from last time.)Hope co-drove her car so if you see a white helmet, its Ryan. Black helmet, its her.Drifting the last corner... a little to tight. Now you see the cone...and now you don't.Hope picked up a screw in her right front tire. Thankfully towards the end of the event. But it did require adding some air into the tire just to get the car home. Lucky for her, I had an air pump in my car A visitor from the MI NASIOC chapter stopped by at the event and I mounted his camera to my car and got this footage from one of my not so good runs. Hope and I will be uploading video we got later.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fEi58PdvCQHe also took some pics you can find here.http://forums.nasioc.com/forum...age=4
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

it was cold. should got a pic of me in my ninja turtle gear. LOL the vids with my co-driver, you can see me standing on my corner with my little propane heater warming my hands and (removed). hahahaha! FREAKING COLD!!!! so glad it was a short day, finished by 2 pm. too bad i had another car casualty (screw in tire) and ripped up more of that front bumper. it's ok, I found a new front bumper I hope to replace it with end of April. :D
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
bull77

Post by bull77 »

looks like fun!are those your winter rims? everyone else looks to be running steelies?
NibCrom

Re: (bull77)

Post by NibCrom »

Neat pics!
AKLGT

Re: (bull77)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »looks like fun!are those your winter rims? everyone else looks to be running steelies?yes. winter rims. Limited on rims that clear the brembo brakes. Nothing works better than the stock 05-07 STI 17's. Mine came with 18's and well.... don't even know if they have studded snow tires for 18's (not to mention the price tag that comes with it). I bought these 17's last year and had them on the LGT, so they just went onto the new car. Plus, hard to find cheaper lightweight racing wheels for $500 shipped. Got some curb rash, but not like they aren't going to get beat on in the winter!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

got one of the videos uploaded.... Yes, there was one hole on the course, and I found it.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Mavrik »

my second run of the day, and maybe my fastest... won't know until the results are in.I had the camera mounted in the car cause it froze last time. The rattle at the beginning of the video is from my stock car jack in the left rear fender well. I located the mic there and it picks up noises I don't hear inside the car.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mavrik

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by Mavrik »

here is my last run of the day.