Latest SC'er Annoyances

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Petrucci914

Latest SC'er Annoyances

Post by Petrucci914 »

1. Still have the weird whiney/pop/crackle/ca-pow sounds coming from my right speaker because of the stupid TRD ECU2. When my engine is really cold the new Belt Tensioner clicks for about a minute.So sick of all this stuff. SC'er systems are supposed to be reliable. What a pain!
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
BlueCrush

Re: Latest SC'er Annoyances (Petrucci914)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Petrucci914 »1. Still have the weird whiney/pop/crackle/ca-pow sounds coming from my right speaker because of the stupid TRD ECU2. When my engine is really cold the new Belt Tensioner clicks for about a minute.So sick of all this stuff. SC'er systems are supposed to be reliable. What a pain!1) Where is your TRD ECU grounded to? Is the ground secure?2) My belt tensioner clicks as well...mine needs tobe replaced again.I don't know of anyone who ever said S/C'ing is reliable. No F/I is reliable. But I would think that the S/C requires the least amount of maintenance?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Petrucci914

Re: Latest SC'er Annoyances (BlueCrush)

Post by Petrucci914 »

The ECU was attached to the far right of the glovebox location. It was attached there with velcro but kept coming undone. So now I have it ziptied to the center plastic supports (where the main wiring harness is). I originally thought the sound was vibrations, but then I put foam around it and it still does it. If I shut my radio off it goes away. I guess I'll have to move it again.For the tensioner......I'm getting in contact with the company I purchased it through, and they will then contact Gates (the maker of the tensioner). I'll get confirmation then. If it is bad then they will get me a replacement......but then I'll have to pay to get it installed again.Maybe get an ACDelco or Dayco one this time?
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
kevera

Post by kevera »

Sounds like you have some interference,foam won't get rid of it,lol.I've never had a problem with mine,but it's coming out soon so....Get yourself a yota(or GM one) tensioner it'll last 6 weeks longer.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

idk...ive seen lots of turbos go too... FI alone just adds more crap to fail. Turbo's also get much hotter. Anyway, yeah try the new tensioner, that vibe loves to go through them so i hear.
Celtic_Curse

Re: Latest SC'er Annoyances (kevera)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Kev, you getting rid of the S/C or the whole Vibe????
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
kevera

Re: Latest SC'er Annoyances (Celtic_Curse)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Kev, you getting rid of the S/C or the whole Vibe????The wife won't let me get rid of the Vibe. But the Emanage Ultimate is going in,and replacing the Turd ECU.Looking for 200 to the wheels,or at least close to it.Figured between the new stage 2 cams,bigger injectors and the Ultimate(with a good tune) it should be almost 20 horses.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »The wife won't let me get rid of the Vibe. Did i ever tell you that you have a smart wife.. HAHASorry to go off topic.....
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »The wife won't let me get rid of the Vibe. But the Emanage Ultimate is going in,and replacing the Turd ECU.Looking for 200 to the wheels,or at least close to it.Figured between the new stage 2 cams,bigger injectors and the Ultimate(with a good tune) it should be almost 20 horses.Good to know. Sounds like a serious mod, interested to see the numbers after everything is installed.Petrucci still haven't had any issues with my S/C although getting traction is a problem. I don't understand why your having so many issues but keep at it.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
vibe Freak

Re: Latest SC'er Annoyances (Celtic_Curse)

Post by vibe Freak »

I had all kinds of quirky issues with the turd ecu. I am running the Blue now and it is much better. It took for ever for the ecu to learn the blue. I am very happy with the blower in the cold winter air the car really hauls @SS. Just ask the Lexus IS I smoked the other night. This was from a dead stop. I will say it again the inserts make all the difference in the world.
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
Petrucci914

Re: Latest SC'er Annoyances (vibe Freak)

Post by Petrucci914 »

I pulled out the damn inserts.I got sick of feeling like I was driving a tractor.I will be on vacation for a bit over a week, so I'll get the TRD ECU/Speaker issue resolved. As for the tensioner.......who knows. I'll see how it goes.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

My car has been sitting outside since I'm visiting family, so I've been popping the hood and doing a remote start so I could see what has been making the ticking.Well, the tensioner is perfectly fine after all. The sound is the belt jumping on the supercharger pulley. It goes away after about 30 seconds. It's as if the belt shrinks in the cold and pulls too tight, then it loosens up a bit.This is with both shims in. If I had no shims in it would ride perfectly but it would be running on the inner side of the supercharger pulley - not directly in the middle. If I had one shim in then the belt would pull under throttle.Can I get away with a slightly larger belt?This is just annoying. Can't get it just right no matter what I do. I think maybe the new idler pulley changed the dynamics a bit or something.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Kev had the same issue with the Gater back belt. Once he went back to the standard solid ribbed belt it wasn't an issue again.The breaks in the gater back alow it to catch the ridges and ride up over the groves on the pulley
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Petrucci914

Re: Latest SC'er Annoyances (keithvibe)

Post by Petrucci914 »

I don't have the Gatorback on anymore. The stock belt is on.