Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : )

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
Mrizzle05

Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : )

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Soooo i met up with some 9thgen users out of the blue last night... it was bout 60MI away though. : (It took forever to get there... some big metal container blew up on the freeway, of all days go figure. so i was running late and finally got there in time to do one run. : (I went against an RX8... looked stock.I forgot to turn off the VSA so my tires were bouncing like snoop in a Dr. Dre video. I finally grabbed and hit VTAK from 1st-3rd and got a 10.5 but forgot the speed. gotta get the slip uploaded.I almost beat the Rx, but i launched bad... since it was my first time.the track is a fun rush though... i wanted to race the whole way home... BUT didnt. Plannin on goin agian next month or so... hopefully get better times and competitive cars.I was 7255
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
GrayFox

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (Mrizzle05)

Post by GrayFox »

I'm guessing that was a 1/8 mile track? Good luck on your next runs Show 'em what that HonDuh can do
Mavrik

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Mavrik »

racing the new car already eh? haha thats cool. post the slip, would like to see your times racing at the track is pretty fun.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mrizzle05

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (Mavrik)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

yea its broken in... only got to run once so guess wasnt bad.it was a 1/8 mile... or maybe i gutted it and have nos????slip in first post... : )
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

man! you were right there with him EDIT: whoops! I read that wrong. Good Job
Mavrik

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Mavrik »

You beat him but barely loltry 1/4 mile, even more fun.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mrizzle05

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (Mavrik)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Gotta find one around here... that track is 60 miles away. TRAFFIC is horrible getting there though.That was my first race ever at a track and i guess they said the crowd was rooting for me. : )I would have had him had i turned off the VSA button... i was like "DOH"The VTEC is amazing... that power is awesome.*not compared to a STI mav.*
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »*not compared to a STI mav.* True but I still suck at launching the car... we both need practice eh? I drive over 40 miles to the "local" track here. whats another 20.
silver_vibe

Post by silver_vibe »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »...it was bout 60MI away though...it was a 1/8 mile...Sounds like Irwindale.
Mrizzle05

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (silver_vibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Yessur!I guess theres LOTS of people on thursdays... and there was last night.There were beater volvos w/ exhaust and vettes and old camaro'sAlso BIG trucks and 9thgen members modded tacoma.
silver_vibe

Post by silver_vibe »

I drive by the speedway all the time but I've never gone in - maybe I would if I actually had a car worth racing I've seen it get pretty damn crowded from the street!
Mrizzle05

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (silver_vibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

yeah gets crowded... took bout 35-ish min. to finally race. and two sets of bleachers with lots of people.Its only 10 bucks so next time ill IM you and maybe you can video tape it for the Genvibers.. : )
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »Gotta find one around here... that track is 60 miles away. TRAFFIC is horrible getting there though.That was my first race ever at a track and i guess they said the crowd was rooting for me. : )I would have had him had i turned off the VSA button... i was like "DOH"The VTEC is amazing... that power is awesome.*not compared to a STI mav.* our 1/4 track is 45 miles away. i happily go.... it's well worth it. 1/8 is way too short! i'd love to have a full 1 mile track! (removed)!!!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Time for a race, bud! Sep 8th is the next race date.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Mrizzle05

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (AKLGT)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Yeah i dont know where a 1/4 is here. i wanna go to one though.Traffic accounts for reasons not wantin to drive more then 20 miles. : PI wanna do one of those tours with other nice cars on roads that are twisity.. : )
djb383

Post by djb383 »

Multiply you 1/8 mile time by 1.56 to get the generally accepted 1/4 mile equivalent time.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
silver_vibe

Post by silver_vibe »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »Yeah i dont know where a 1/4 is here. i wanna go to one though.Pomona - tonight (20 min further than Irwindale for you).http://www.californiaspeedway.com/dragway/ (in case the link goes bad, here is the info from their site)"Super Cats"… Super Comp, Super Street, Pro Gas & SCEDASaturday August 18thSunday August 19thWHO: Racers, spectators and mediaWHAT: Auto Club Dragway - Super Categories: Super Comp, Super Street, Pro Gas & SCEDAWHERE: California Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana. The quarter-mile Auto Club Dragway is located on the North side of the facility. INFORMATION: (909) 429-5060TIME: Both days; Tickets go on sale 7:00 a.m. Tech inspection begins at 7:00 a.m. RACING begins at 9:00 a.m. EARLY ENTRY! Racers may enter the pits on FRIDAY night from 2 pm to 8 pm for an additional $20 (All entry fees must be paid at that time).COST: Car & Driver =$30. Crew or Spectator =$10. Kids 12 and under are Free.
AKLGT

Re: Rizzle raced legal.... OH snap! : ) (djb383)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by djb383 »Multiply you 1/8 mile time by 1.56 to get the generally accepted 1/4 mile equivalent time.i just did that for a few 1/4 times and they were either too fast or too slow. didn't seem even close to being correct.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
manicdan

Post by manicdan »

just look at ur time and speed, now u have a formula for acceleration. if your mph are higher then you have a HP based car that catches up at the end. if you have a lower time with a low speed you have a torque car that launches. based on the times and speed of the original post i would assume that you would run upper 15s in the 1/4