Alaska SCCA June9th 2007

Discussions about legally sanctioned general motorsports events
Mavrik

Alaska SCCA June9th 2007

Post by Mavrik »

More pics to come but here are the ones I uploaded for now. Popped the cherry on the STi so to speak, this was the first autocross I drove the car in. Wasn't disappointed with the car at all. A little with myself perhaps as I felt I could have been faster. Hope did really well also. Stayed on course this event, didn't eat to many cones. I think the car may just still be tired from its trip through the alcan hwy.This car just looks sick out there.Looks like I'm three wheeling :DThe aftermath...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Scootman!

Post by Scootman! »

My sister just moved back from North Pole Alaska and said it was a great place to live! I never knew they ran SCCA up there!
Mavrik

Re: (Scootman!)

Post by Mavrik »

well the SCCA region chapter is located in the anchorage/wasilla area. Usually the events are in parking lots of schools or the drag strip parking lot when we can get them.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Re: Alaska SCCA June9th 2007 (Mavrik)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »More pics to come but here are the ones I uploaded for now. Popped the cherry on the STi so to speak, this was the first autocross I drove the car in. Wasn't disappointed with the car at all. A little with myself perhaps as I felt I could have been faster. Hope did really well also. Stayed on course this event, didn't eat to many cones. I think the car may just still be tired from its trip through the alcan hwy.awww. you are being sweet. but really, i pretty much SUCKED. but that's ok, cause during dollar runs, i improved my time by over a second! plus it was hella fun to drive crazy again and NOT the kind of long driving we just did. but yes, i think the car was feeling a little beat on because I was throwing more CEL's and exhaust temp codes. oh well.However, Phil is being quite modest about how he did in the STI's inaugural event. he did extremely well, probably finished in the upper half of the pack, beating out several of the guys who usually consistently beat him! i was quite proud. i've come to the realization that i'm not so good, so i gotta make sure he does well out there! now at the drag strip.... that's a different story. didn't hit my 12 today, but 13.1 is pretty darn close! the car had a lot more in her to go, but it was getting hot and didn't want to start throwing more CEL's. plus it was 70 deg out there today (which is like 100 deg in other parts of the country) so i didn't want to press my luck. can't afford to rebuild the tranny at this particular moment. still recovering from our trip last week.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS