Fall In Jersey: October 14, 2006, Allaire State Park (Official Info & Roll Call)

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
ragingfish

Fall In Jersey: October 14, 2006, Allaire State Park (Official Info & Roll Call)

Post by ragingfish »

This is the OFFICIAL THREAD with all final details for the upcoming meet.DATE: Saturday, October 14, 2006RAIN DATE: There is NO rain date for this event. The meet happens, rain or shine!TIME: Meeting time is 11 AM. Come whenever you'd like! Group pictures are slated for around 4 PM. Dinner and evening activities will be determined at that time. Departure from the park will be NO LATER then 5 PM.LOCATION: ALLAIRE STATE PARK4265 ATLANTIC AVEFARMINGDALE, NJ 07727DIRECTIONS:From the North via Garden State Parkway:From the Garden State Parkway get off at Exit 98. Follow signs for Interstate 195 West (toward Trenton) and Route 34 North. Merge onto Interstate 195 West. Travel on Interstate 195 West for 2.4 miles and get off at Exit 31B (Farmingdale - Allaire State Park exit.). Upon exiting you will be on County Route 547 North. At the first traffic light, 0.3 miles after exiting Interstate 195, turn right onto County Route 524 / Allaire Rd. Landmark: Kelle Chevrolet will be on the right at the corner. NOTE: Allaire Road becomes Atlantic Ave. Proceed on County Route 524 / Allaire Rd. for 0.7 miles and watch for the entrance to Allaire State Park on the right. Stay aware, it is VERY easy to blow past the park entrance!From the South via Garden State Parkway:From the Garden State Parkway get off at exit 98 and follow signs for Route 138 and Interstate 195 West (Trenton and points west). Merge onto Route 138 West, heading toward Route 34, Point Pleasant, Interstate 195 West and Trenton. Route 138 West becomes Interstate 195 West. Travel on Interstate 195 West for 2.4 miles and get off at Exit 31B (Farmingdale - Allaire State Park exit.). Upon exiting you will be on County Route 547 North. At the first traffic light, 0.3 miles after exiting Interstate 195, turn right onto County Route 524 / Allaire Rd. Landmark: Kelle Chevrolet will be on the right at the corner. NOTE: Allaire Road becomes Atlantic Ave. Proceed on County Route 524 / Allaire Rd. for 0.7 miles and watch for the entrance to Allaire State Park on the right. Stay aware, it is VERY easy to blow past the park entrance!From the New Jersey Turnpike:From the New Jersey Turnpike take exit 7A and merge onto Interstate 195 East toward Belmar, Lakewood and Shore Points. Travel 26.1 miles and get off at Exit 31B Farmingdale - Allaire State Park exit.). Upon exiting you will be on County Route 547 North. At the first traffic light, 0.3 miles after exiting Interstate 195, turn right onto County Route 524 / Allaire Rd. Landmark: Kelle Chevrolet will be on the right at the corner. NOTE: Allaire Road becomes Atlantic Ave. Proceed on County Route 524 / Allaire Rd. for 0.7 miles and watch for the entrance to Allaire State Park on the right. Stay aware, it is VERY easy to blow past the park entrance!GPS USERS:Here are approximate coordinates for the park entrance. I accept NO responsibility for the accuracy of this information.Latitude: 40.162254°NLongitude: 74.131538°WPARK RULES AND POLICIES:All attendees are REQUIRED to observe all park rules and posted regulations. Any member disobeying park rules or officials will be asked to leave the meet and, if necessary, will be banned from attending future GenVibe Tri-State meets (if not all meets). Your cooperation is appreciated.* Carry In/Carry Out: Under the Carry In/Carry Out Program, day-use visitors are asked to participate in stewardship by taking their trash home for proper disposal using the bags distributed at the entrance to the park, forest or recreation area. Campers are asked to use the bags in the camping areas for their trash and to dispose of the bags in centralized dumpsters and recycling receptacles.* Alcoholic Beverages: Alcoholic beverages are PROHIBETED in Allaire State Park. Don't even bother bringing them. Please.* Speed: Observe and obey ALL posted speed limits. The park is small, and numerous hiking trails cross directly over motor vehicle access roads. The weekend of the meet is particularly popular with hikers. Please obey and respect all posted speed limits for the safety of yourself and other park visitors.*Music: Out of respect for other park visitors, loud music is prohibited. No blasting of car stereos to show off your systems please. Save that for the after-meet activities.*Park Entrance Fees: No entrance fees are charged after Labor Day.8 Wildlife: Allaire State Park is a wildlife refuge, as well as a public-use park. Please respect all natural animal and plant life. DO NOT remove any plants or items from within the park. REMOVAL OF ANY PLANT, ANIMAL, OR OTHER OBJECT FOUND WITHIN STATE PARKS IS A VIOLATION OF NEW JERSEY STATE LAW AND IS SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In addition, please refrain from feeding of any wildlife, especially ducks and/or canada geese.PARK FACILITIES, FEATURES AND SERVICES:* Historic Allaire Village* Pine Creek Railroad* Visitor Center/Museum* Nature Interpretive Center* Trails (for use by hikers or bikers)* Camping* Fishing* Picnic tables/shelters (a limited number of charcoal grills are available)* Playground* Food concession (seasonal)* Canoeing/Kayaking* Bird watching* Public restrooms are available.MEALSNO LUNCH will be provided by the park or me (I'm not rich ya know!). Please bring your own supply of snacks, non-alcoholic beverages or foodstuffs (my list of things to do before I die includes using the word "foodstuffs" in proper context in a conversation. A genvibe post is close enough to conversation for my satisfaction. ) Because charcoal grills are in limited supply, it is advised you bring a meal that does not necessitate cooking or heating. CAMPING:For those wishing to come early or stay later and camp, campground or shelter rentals are available within the park boundaries:Campsites: 45 tent and trailer sites with fire rings and picnic tables. Flush toilets and shower facilities are within walking distance. Trailer sanitary station open April 15 through October 31. Campsites open all year. $20 per night.Yurts: Four yurts. Circular tents built on a wood frame, featuring wood floors, a deck and plexiglas skylight. Each yurt has a wooden door, window screens and flaps, and two double-deck bunks, which sleep up to four people. Accessible to persons with disabilities. $30 per night.Shelters: Six shelters. Cabin-like structures with wood stove for heat and two double-deck bunks, which sleep up to four people. Each site includes a fire ring and picnic table. Accessible to persons with disabilities. $40 per night.Group campsites: Six group sites with fire rings, picnic tables and composting toilets; total capacity: 250. Open all year. 2 sites accomodate 25 campers at $25 per night. 4 sites accomodate 50 campers at $50 per night.For reservation information, please CLICK.HOTELS AND LOCAL ACCOMODATIONS:For those planning to attend, but do NOT wish to "rough it" and camp, stay tuned for local lodging options. To be posted shortly.PARK WEBSITE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Additional information is available at the Allaire State Park page on the NJDEP site: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/par...linksFOR PLANNING PURPOSES, PLEASE REPLY-POST AND INDICATE HOW MANY PEOPLE AND VEHICLES (SPECIFY MAKE/MODEL) YOU ANTICIPATE ATTENDING. Please note, Allaire State Park is NOT excessively large, and parking is limited, so
don't bring "you're other ride" if you don't really need to. This is not a binding number, you can adjust the number of vehicles and/or people attending at any time. This is strictly for informational and planning purposes. OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE ROSTER: ragingfish (1 G6, 1 person) NSimkins (1 Vibe, 1 person) baltovibe (1 Vibe, 2 people) joholste (1 Vibe, 1 person) rally wagon (1 Vibe, 1 person) "ragingfriend" (non member, 1 Taurus, 1 person) G6GTPV6HO (G6Performance.com, 1 G6, 1 person)
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I just made an appointment to have my car detailed Friday morning before the meet. WOOOOOO! First professional detailing since I got her...She'll look all shiny and stuff for you guys...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Fall In Jersey: October 14, 2006, Allaire State Park (ragingfish)

Post by NSimkins »

Put me down, 75% now, looking positive! 1 Vibe - 1 Person (maybe 2)Post up the list of hotels as soon as you can. Include your RagingOpinion(TM) if possible.
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

I am planning to come also, hopefully with my girlfriend.And hopefully we can get Joholste and Vibr8tr to form that convoy!1 Vibe - 2 people
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
joholste

Re: Fall In Jersey: October 14, 2006, Allaire State Park (Baltovibe)

Post by joholste »

I am coming only 1 person this time my better half has to work. I will be forming a convoy(counting on vibr8tr and hoping to get gormal and others as well). Balto we will pick you up...stay tuned for that thread later on that week...Ragin i'm taking a 3 day pass for the friday through sunday so all day friday i will be working on prettying up my car...i.e. painting the calipers and drums again, washing and waxing car, polishing shiny metal parts...hopefully by then i'll have my emanage to play with as well.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Can't make it to this one... I have to work, otherwise I would be there. Maybe next year!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

For those who can't make this meet I'm looking at doing one in the spring to kick off the season...

2009 PONTIAC G8
joholste

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by joholste »

for those from around the DC area and from in between DC and Jersey that would like to join the convoy here's the thread for that one as wellhttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=25153i can't wait for that weekend to start
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

For some reason I expected more of a response to this event...

2009 PONTIAC G8
joholste

Post by joholste »

just curious will the trees be changing or changed by that time?
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Interesting question.My completely uninformed and unsubstantiated reply would be...most likely, yes, you should be here in the near peak or possibly even peak of the foliage.We're *just* starting to see signs of change now, and I assure you, when we hit our peaks, it's quite scenic!Here's a shot from just over the NY border about 2 years ago that will give you a good idea how scenic this area can be:Here is the current foliage report for the northeast area:As you can see, New Jersey has had so little change, it's barely starting to change. On another note, stay tuned for lodging info later today!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Here are a few possible hotels. RESIDENCE INN TINTON FALLS90 Park RoadTinton Falls, NJ 07724Rate Range: $149 - $189ECONO LODGE5309 SR 33 & SR 34Farmingdale, NJ 07727Rate Range: $70 - $80FREEHOLD GARDENS HOTEL50 Gibson PlaceFreehold, NJ 07728Rate Range: $278 - $367DAYS INN NEPTUNE3310 Hwy 33Neptune, NJ 07753Rate Range: $80 - $100The farthest location of these, the Tinton Falls location, is 15 minutes or less from the meet. The closest is just about 8 minutes. It is, however, an Econo Lodge, so keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Of the group, I'd recommend the Tinton Falls location. In my opinion, it has the best balance of amenities, pricing, and location.If you folks need any additional info, lemme know...

2009 PONTIAC G8
joholste

Post by joholste »

thanks for answering....well i had a small stupid moment yesterday and forgot to put my parking brake on while i was rotating the tires yesterday and while the left side was up on jacks the car rollled forward and slammed on th ground with no tires on the left side...so now have to replace my left rotor:( before i can do any driving...bought one today...but it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy install. i'll probably wait until wednesday afternoon to fully install it.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Thanks for the hotel info, Mike! I'm going to try to Priceline it again this time and save some $ so I may not get the actual recommended hotel, but one of the same star level.We gotta see some more interest.. come on folks! I am able to make it for sure this time, but regardless it should be a nice time to go up there, leaves changing, and Vibes and stuff...
Baltovibe

Re: Fall In Jersey: October 14, 2006, Allaire State Park (NSimkins)

Post by Baltovibe »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »We gotta see some more interest.. come on folks! Yea, it looks like the DC crew is bowing out, saying NJ is too far http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=2
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
joholste

Post by joholste »

hey balto i'm still down...
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Fall In Jersey: October 14, 2006, Allaire State Park

Post by NSimkins »

I used Priceline but wasn't able to get a hotel for a decent price in the Tinton Falls area. Plus it looks like many of the hotels are already full in that area. I was able to Priceline a Marriott Courtyard nearby in Red Bank/Lincroft (about 8 additional miles away). I'm booked!
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Hey all --Please post up if you will be coming in FRIDAY night. I traditionally meet up with the early arrivals that night and we can all meet up for dinner or something...8 days to go!

2009 PONTIAC G8
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Please post up if you will be coming in FRIDAY night. I traditionally meet up with the early arrivals that night and we can all meet up for dinner or something...I'll be in town Friday afternoon.
rally wagon

Post by rally wagon »

hey im coming i took off so def rain or shine plus 2 people three of us all together
do it in the dirt
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

my friend howard is bringing his taurus...he came to a matrix meet in harriman a few years back and had a blast...i told him the vibe guys throw a better party then those toyota people... attendance list update

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

AIGHT!G6's starting to represent!(check updated roll call)

2009 PONTIAC G8
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

Getting the Matrix guys might help bring some attendance. The more the merrier!
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by Baltovibe »Getting the Matrix guys might help bring some attendance. The more the merrier!I agree!
joholste

Post by joholste »

well i can hardly wait.... i just fixed my brakes so i have nothing to stop me
ragingfish

Re: Fall In Jersey: October 14, 2006, Allaire State Park (joholste)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »i just fixed my brakes so i have nothing to stop meif that's the case you better get to a shop! you musta done a really crappy job on that repair...

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Preliminary forecast:SunnyHigh: 54°Low: 42°POP: 20% or lessThis looks to be a GREAT day for a meet!!!

2009 PONTIAC G8
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Weather still looking great, Friday-Sunday. I'll be on my way Friday morning. ~6 hr. drive for me.http://www.hamweather.net/cgi-...te=nj
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Anyone else coming in friday???

2009 PONTIAC G8
Kari

Post by Kari »

Hope you guys have a great time! Wish we could be there! Take lots of pictures...and not just of the cars but of the people too.
GenVibe Global Moderator
vibegtcouple

Re: (Kari)

Post by vibegtcouple »

wish we could go but haveing family party hope you all have fun
joholste

Re: (vibegtcouple)

Post by joholste »

well i just got finished waxing my car for tomorrow...can't wait....balto you still down to meet at the maryland welcome center?
Baltovibe

Re: (joholste)

Post by Baltovibe »

joholste - will be there at the rest stop. Left you an IM.Seems like great weather and great company in NJ! Can't wait!!
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Folks, weather promises to be spectacular!If anyone is able to come just show up tomorrow! I WANT TO SEE SOME TURNOUT!

2009 PONTIAC G8
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Just wanted to say we had a decent turnout, not too small, not too big of a group. Had 2 G6 Coupes and 4 Vibes. After enjoying the park, we headed over to the ocean for pics as well as the marina. We ended up at Applebee's for dinner.I took some pics from each location but others took plenty of better pics, so I expect those to be posted here soon! Pics: http://gallery.genvibe.com/gallery/NJ2006Many thanks to ragingfish for putting the meet together. Although my drive is lengthy, I always enjoy myself over here. Also very enjoyable meeting everyone once again, especially the new faces.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I agree, a fantastic meet! Great people, great times, great pictures.Look for mine in about 1-2 hours! Some of our most fond memories:* THE STICKS!* THE FISH WITH TEETH!* SEAGULLS OUT THE WAZOO!* THAT *&$^%# LEXUS SUV THAT RUINED ALL THE PICS!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Wow, looks really good! Man, I wish we could have been there with youse guys! Looks like it was much fun.Dwindling vacation time was bad news for this one. So, raging, let's get one going for the spring. Can't wait to see all the other pics. Good weather, good cars, good people.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Kari

Re: (NSimkins)

Post by Kari »

Great pics Looks like you guys had a great time! Wish we could have been there. But we'll make it over there in the spring if there's an encore
GenVibe Global Moderator
joholste

Post by joholste »

yeah i had a great time...i officially got back into DC at 1143 at my apartment...so total travel time of 3 hr 24 min. not too shabby considering i saw 18 gazillion cops pulling people over...especially after having been snagged early this morning and walking away with a written warning.... oh yeah btw i took 196 pictures today... just so you know they're is gonna be a lot of them up
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Looks like you guys had a good time, the weather sure looked nice. I had to work and couldn't make it Pics look great as always Nick! What kind of hood is on that gray G6? That looks freakin' sweet!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
joholste

Re: (Toasted7)

Post by joholste »

ok right now i'm uploading pictures to my Photobucket... i'll let you know the addy when they're all uphere is the folderhttp://s88.photobucket.com/alb...T2006/
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »here is the folderhttp://s88.photobucket.com/alb...T2006/Great pics!
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I'm finally uploading my now, i SWEAR!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »THE FISH WITH TEETH!Holy crap, is that thing ever dead! Yow! Great pics, joholste! Maybe not so much the rotting fish but the others are really good.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Better late than never!RagingPics http://photos.ragingfish.com/allaire06

2009 PONTIAC G8
joholste

Post by joholste »

funny how this is one of the smaller meets but we gots mucho more pics
Kari

Post by Kari »

Yes that is funny But it's okay, we like lots of pics!So who's who in the group shot at the restaurant? We know some but not all of you.
GenVibe Global Moderator
joholste

Post by joholste »

i'll go edit the restaurant picture and put a caption on it.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »i'll go edit the restaurant picture and put a caption on it.I knew my eyes were closed, LOL. Direct link to pic: here
rally wagon

pic and show

Post by rally wagon »

hey i liked the pics i still have yet to upload mine probably do that at some point today.....I've started looking into the location on the beach at lbi for a meet I'm looking at some time in may i'll keep everyone posted but there could be potential for big turnout
do it in the dirt