What's up with the Racing forum?

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
Lancer

What's up with the Racing forum?

Post by Lancer »

It's been 'locked' since the 4th. Any more info on this yet?
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
millster

Re: What's up with the Racing forum? (Lancer)

Post by millster »

Not yet. We're in the process of deciding what to do with it, but conflicting schedules have gotten in the way of progress. Don't worry, it will be done soon and we'll notify everyone as soon as it is.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
Mavrik

Re: What's up with the Racing forum? (millster)

Post by Mavrik »

IMO should be opened for topics of legal racing... ie autocross, drag, stock and what not...no offence ment to those who love to brag about street racing because I'm guilty of doing that from time to time...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mrizzle05

Re: What's up with the Racing forum? (Mavrik)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

i think it should still be open... but thats just me.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
millster

Re: What's up with the Racing forum? (Mrizzle05)

Post by millster »

It WILL be open to discussions of LEGAL racing. We have some work to do on it before it will be open though. Just be patient. We're working on it when we have time and we'll get it back up and running soon.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
tcam

Re: What's up with the Racing forum? (millster)

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by millster »It WILL be open to discussions of LEGAL racing. We have some work to do on it before it will be open though. Just be patient. We're working on it when we have time and we'll get it back up and running soon. cool. that's definately one of my fav. sections
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yes, i'd imagine, just like most other car forums, street racing is NOT permitted and threads are promptly locked and deleted. only LEGAL racing and motorsports is allowed.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BlueCrush

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »yes, i'd imagine, just like most other car forums, street racing is NOT permitted and threads are promptly locked and deleted. only LEGAL racing and motorsports is allowed. Yeah. A local forum will ban you for a week for posting about street racing. Get 3 week long bans and your history. They are very strict about it.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
joatmon

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Yeah. A local forum will ban you for a week for posting about street racing. Get 3 week long bans and your history. They are very strict about it.Some might cry about not being able to post about their "kills", Some may get hostile to the mods and then have a meltdown publicly. Should be amusing to watch.
BlueCrush

Re: (joatmon)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Some might cry about not being able to post about their "kills", Some may get hostile to the mods and then have a meltdown publicly. Should be amusing to watch. That is what I was thinking as well...
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mrizzle05

Re: (silverawd26)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Some might cry about not being able to post about their "kills", Some may get hostile to the mods and then have a meltdown publicly. Should be amusing to watch. are those fighting words!!!! Uh oh.... MELTDOWN!!!HA! i dont care if its a legal only... i mean how many races have i posted... what maybe 2. so out here theres a lot of ricers and hooked up evos... but i dont race out here...I totally understand everyones reasoning.... and i wish there was a autocross area around here.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Mike, have you looked up SCCA events in your area? there are tons of events in CA! i'm sure there's got to be a region near by! and well worth it. i've driven out almost 2 hrs to an event (and got rained out) but that was fine. to be able to SAFELY drive and go fast in an organized and competitive environment is totally worth it. Less chances for bodily injury plus it really gives more bragging rights. anyone can drive in a straight line. autocross is about the DRIVER, not necessarily the car.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mrizzle05

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

thanks for the help hope... ill have to check that out... and maybe ill find something close by... ive driven this road that got some twisties in it often and if im the only car i test my skills on what gear i should be in while turning and the best way to come out without losing power or it chugging... so i would like a place i could SAFELY do this at with professional people there.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yes, exactly! i can't tell you how important it is to have safety techs there. you never know what could happen!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

here's the SCCA website:http://scca.com/you can look up any events in your nearest region.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »