Vibe Kit

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
chyv1083

Vibe Kit

Post by chyv1083 »

I was looking on hotrods.com and saw this vibe fx with its kit and all. I love it. More than the aerogear one that I have been looking at on ebay.com. The only thing is, where do you get it and is it even available? I looked on pontiacs website to look at the accessories but they dont even have any pictures of what those accessories look like. I don't think that what I am seeing in this hotrod photo is the ground effects kit they are offering. Where can I find this kit in this photo?Article Linkhttp://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/47352/

Attached files
coldmm803

Re: Vibe Kit (chyv1083)

Post by coldmm803 »

it says in the article that its the one from pontiac and i think that it does look like it and is not somethin different or special. pontiacs site used to have pics of it but their not there now or at least i missed them. also that vibe is an 03 or 04 bc of the grill layout and how it meets the hood
joatmon

Re: Vibe Kit (coldmm803)

Post by joatmon »

you can tell it's an 03 because of the all red instrument cluster
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

I don't think that's the sport appearance package from pontiac... the side skirts are different and the front facia goes all the way across the front of the car. The pontiac front facia is two pieces that go on each side of the front end.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

It's a concept kit, not made.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
chyv1083

Re: Vibe Kit (damronjr)

Post by chyv1083 »

damn youve got to be kidding me. i swear the kits that make the vibe look good are never available. they need to hurry up with that because thats just too frustrating for me. I like that the front bumper is complete all around not that round fang look. hmmmmph *puts head down in sadness* they need to hurry up and make that concept a reality
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

There is a lot of concept stuff out there for the Vibe that needs to become a reality... I guess if not so many old people (ie. granny and gramps) drove Vibes, then that might actually happen.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
NascarXprt

Re: Vibe Kit (Toasted7)

Post by NascarXprt »

well then lets get a big (i mean humungus) group of us and send a group email to pontiac and others that have put all that concept stuff on the Vibe and have them make it real. like the body kits and the other models i.e. GXP, GT-R, Rally, and F-X Vibes.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
damronjr

Re: Vibe Kit (NascarXprt)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »well then lets get a big (i mean humungus) group of us and send a group email to pontiac and others that have put all that concept stuff on the Vibe and have them make it real. like the body kits and the other models i.e. GXP, GT-R, Rally, and F-X Vibes.It doesn't matter. Usually when people have tried that with various companies the reply they have gotten is "if you can't get at least 1000 people to gaurantee to buy this, then we won't waste our time building it". It sucks, but they see this as a family/older person car, not a tuner.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

that kind of sucks***. we have quite a few who would love to have more aftermarket parts for our cars instead of the Trix. speaking of body kits does anyone know if that Foxmarketing vibes body kit is available?
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Well why dont we get ahold of whoever makes the bodykit for our car and get a new style... or wat about VIS, wingswest???I want something!!!
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
NascarXprt

Re: Vibe Kit (Mrizzle05)

Post by NascarXprt »

same here
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »speaking of body kits does anyone know if that Foxmarketing vibes body kit is available?It's not available... I have been in contact with Brian for over a year about that body kit. He said he can't find anyone that will make it in mass quantity. That sucks, cause I really liked how clean that body kit looked.
Mrizzle05

Re: Vibe Kit (Toasted7)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

I just want this bumper... i know its a GT bumper but i like the whole fang look to it.Anyone know how i can just get that bumper???

Attached files
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »I just want this bumper... i know its a GT bumper but i like the whole fang look to it.Anyone know how i can just get that bumper???It's not a GT bumper, it's just the OEM kit that's available for any Vibe. The GT's do not come with it, you probably just saw it on a GT. You have to get it through GM.
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

O ok... well you know if i can just get the front bumper... cuz i know ive seen packages... but not single items?
ballrub

Post by ballrub »

chvy1083:The body kit seen in your fist post is a concept kit, using the same rear apron and both rear spoilers that are on my car, but different (and unavailable) side skirts and front air dam.The picture in Mrizzle's 2nd to last post is the same as my front air dam (two pieces), but is only for the `03's and `04's.I got my kit through Pontiac direct, but normally, you can buy this kit from your local dealer, or through GM Parts.RK Sport has a body kit for the `05's and `06's: http://www.rksport.com/product...etailI hope this helps!
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
Mrizzle05

Re: Vibe Kit (ballrub)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Wow that body kits nice but a lot of $$$... i mean i know they all are, but im just a broke mexican.So that stock bumper wouldnt fit the 05??? Thats crapola!
ballrub

Post by ballrub »

Mrizzle:Apparently...it does! http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/ac...6.pdfIt describes the front air dam as two pieces for the `06, and can be purchased separately. I was unable to find a picture of it anywhere on Pontiacs site, or GM accessories site either, but am assuming it's almost identicla to what's on my car.
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

thanks for the info... i hope they do cuz that may be a new investment in the future. plus my buddy works there which = (discount )But thanks again for the info.
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

A little while back a guy from Singapore (SP) took the bottem half of the lower fascia on his Voltz and replaced it with the bottem half of a Mazda 6 body kit. It lookt sweet as hell!I think if you want a really nice body kit you'll have to do something like that.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
6Stringer

Post by 6Stringer »

This post was almost a month ago, so just wondering if you guys ever figured out for sure if it fits an 06?...Would I be able to order it on a new vibe being built, and have it installed and ready right when I get the car?? That parts site doesnt list moonstone as an available paint..and on the topic of your particular car, where could someone pick up a hood like yours? I like the design much better than the RK sport hood
ballrub

Re: Vibe Kit (6Stringer)

Post by ballrub »

6Stringer:The Pontiac kit does fit the `06 model, and is only available painted from the factory in Abyss, Platinum, and Salsa colors, or available in primer if you have a different color than those mentioned, which means it will have to be painted to match your color, Moonstone. You can order it with your car from the dealer to be painted and installed before you pick up your new Vibe, but that may depend on whether your Pontiac dealer has the ability to paint in-house. If not, I would suggest finding a local body shop who's had experience in painting and installing ground effects kits, and do it "after" the purchase of your Vibe. But...that might not work if you want to pack the gfx and paint into your payments, Hope this helps! Regarding my hood...it comes from a company called Advanced Composite Specialties, which is an OEM supplier, and one of the reasons I chose their hood (because of the quality), and because the air scoops are functional, and work perfect with my K&N short ram intake. You can look at their website here ( http://www.performancehoods.com/catalog.html ), or look at the hood for the Vibe here (http://www.performancehoods.com/index2.html) It's a little more exspensive than most of the other hoods available for the Vibe, but in my opinion is the best quality. Again, I hope this has helped!
P-Fernandez

Post by P-Fernandez »

im intrested in the pontiac kit ( bc its painted ) and i was wonderin if someone could do a photoshop of a silver vibe with it... ive seen it on blue, gray red, but i want to see it on silver. Plzzzz !!!
GrayFox

Re: (P-Fernandez)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by P-Fernandez »im intrested in the pontiac kit ( bc its painted ) and i was wonderin if someone could do a photoshop of a silver vibe with it... ive seen it on blue, gray red, but i want to see it on silver. Plzzzz !!!ok were talking about the kit with the "fangs" right? you want it on an 05+? I can probly do that but it might take me a little while.is there an 03/04 silver vibe with this kit? all I would have to do is stick a 05+ front end on it. (I hope I don't have to bite my tounge on that one) I'll look around for pics, or post one you want to be used
P-Fernandez

Post by P-Fernandez »

i dont mind if its an 03 or 04, i just want to see how the colors look.. ON A TWO TONE silver haha thanks
NascarXprt

Re: (P-Fernandez)

Post by NascarXprt »

i did one a year ago for bud_1 but his was the frosty but its close engouh i think but heres the pic
6Stringer

Post by 6Stringer »

Quote, originally posted by ballrub »6Stringer:The Pontiac kit does fit the `06 model, and is only available painted from the factory in Abyss, Platinum, and Salsa colors, or available in primer if you have a different color than those mentioned, which means it will have to be painted to match your color, Moonstone. You can order it with your car from the dealer to be painted and installed before you pick up your new Vibe, but that may depend on whether your Pontiac dealer has the ability to paint in-house. If not, I would suggest finding a local body shop who's had experience in painting and installing ground effects kits, and do it "after" the purchase of your Vibe. But...that might not work if you want to pack the gfx and paint into your payments, Hope this helps! Regarding my hood...it comes from a company called Advanced Composite Specialties, which is an OEM supplier, and one of the reasons I chose their hood (because of the quality), and because the air scoops are functional, and work perfect with my K&N short ram intake. You can look at their website here ( http://www.performancehoods.com/catalog.html ), or look at the hood for the Vibe here (http://www.performancehoods.com/index2.html) It's a little more exspensive than most of the other hoods available for the Vibe, but in my opinion is the best quality. Again, I hope this has helped! ballrub:yea thanks, it's definitely all really helpful information.just a couple more questions then...Since your hood brings in outside air, does that mean that your short ram intake gets better HP gains? I know the downside to SR is that it sucks in hot engine air, but does your hood eliminate that problem??also, is K&N the best short ram out there? was it an easy install?and o yea-- about the ground effects kits-would I pretty much have to get the monotone appearance package then?? would it look wierd without it? I'm trying to picture that last post from P-fernandez with moonstone, but its hard to imagine.thanks again for the info
ballrub

Re: Vibe Kit (6Stringer)

Post by ballrub »

Quote, originally posted by 6Stringer »ballrub:yea thanks, it's definitely all really helpful information.just a couple more questions then...Since your hood brings in outside air, does that mean that your short ram intake gets better HP gains? I know the downside to SR is that it sucks in hot engine air, but does your hood eliminate that problem??Yes...my hood eliminates that problem, but ACS's hood is only for the 03-04 model years. They don't make one for 05-06 models yet. On the dyno, with just the K&N intake, doing runs in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears, we averaged 10-hp increase to the wheels with just the K&N Typhoon short ram intake. Click here ( http://www.speed-society.com/f...rt_2/) to view the article I wrote on this.Quote, originally posted by 6Stringer »also, is K&N the best short ram out there? was it an easy install?In my opinion, it is the best SR intake out there. Nobody's been making air intakes longer than K&N (read the sidebar in the link to my article above). Install took about 30 minutes total, including the removal of the factory intake.Quote, originally posted by 6Stringer »and o yea-- about the ground effects kits-would I pretty much have to get the monotone appearance package then?? would it look wierd without it? I'm trying to picture that last post from P-fernandez with moonstone, but its hard to imagine.Well, without an actual picture to compare to, you'd have to imagine what it would look like...but it's all subjective! What I may like on my Vibe may not neccessarily be the same as what you would like on yours. Personally, I would order the car in monotone if you're planning on getting any gfx package, but again, that's just my tastes.Quote, originally posted by 6Stringer »thanks again for the infoThat's what we're here for!