PHXLavaVibe 2005 Base

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
PHXLavaVibe

PHXLavaVibe 2005 Base

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Here's a good group of pics that showcases my vibe from Purchase 'till Now. You know you love it....I DO!!!

Attached files
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
viberationz

Re: PHXLavaVibe 2005 Base (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by viberationz »

where u get that black peice for the headlights from?
PHXLavaVibe

Re: PHXLavaVibe 2005 Base (viberationz)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

The Black Headlight housing is one of my favorite custom jobs. I took the headlights apart and painted the housings "gloss black". There's no special part out there that I know of...It just takes a little skill and a whole lot of luck!!!
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »The Black Headlight housing is one of my favorite custom jobs. I took the headlights apart and painted the housings "gloss black". There's no special part out there that I know of...It just takes a little skill and a whole lot of luck!!!Wes, that looks awesome! Great job! I really like that look! I smell a mod coming on...
PHXLavaVibe

Re: PHXLavaVibe 2005 Base (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Thanks Todd, I like it too! I was suprised how much it changed the look of my vibe...especially after I put on my custom eyelids If you're gonna try it...be careful. I baked my lights in the oven to loosen the sealant and still had to pry them apart! It is a long process but the overall look is worth it. As long as you don't think about the cost of messing up then you're all good. I had to take each light apart twice...I could have gotten away with only doing it once but my lights didn't seal properly the first time so I had to take them apart a second time and apply a buttload of new sealant.
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »Thanks Todd, I like it too! I was suprised how much it changed the look of my vibe...especially after I put on my custom eyelids If you're gonna try it...be careful. I baked my lights in the oven to loosen the sealant and still had to pry them apart! It is a long process but the overall look is worth it. As long as you don't think about the cost of messing up then you're all good. I had to take each light apart twice...I could have gotten away with only doing it once but my lights didn't seal properly the first time so I had to take them apart a second time and apply a buttload of new sealant.Ah ha!!! I was going to ask how did you do it!What type of sealant did you use?
PHXLavaVibe

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

I don't remember the exact brand but, I do know it was a good quality waterproof PCV (or PVC) silicone adhesive/sealant that I picked up from Checker Auto. It comes in a tube (like Tooth Paste) and the fumes are Great It was some really thick stuff and hard to get out of the tube.
PHXLavaVibe

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

I had plans for a few more personal mods to my Vibe, but due to recent events, it will probably be quite a while before I can do anything else to her. I just got the official word thismorning that I am going to be a Father. My wife and I had a miscarraige a little over a year ago and it has been a very difficult period for us. We recently decided to start trying again and POOF!We are both really excited and are planning on getting a new appartment/house and lots of other new stuff. Not to mention a big nursery within the next few months.
AZViking

Post by AZViking »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »I had plans for a few more personal mods to my Vibe, but due to recent events, it will probably be quite a while before I can do anything else to her. I just got the official word thismorning that I am going to be a Father. My wife and I had a miscarraige a little over a year ago and it has been a very difficult period for us. We recently decided to start trying again and POOF!We are both really excited and are planning on getting a new appartment/house and lots of other new stuff. Not to mention a big nursery within the next few months. Congratulations!!! We're at 32 weeks. I plan on installing our car seat in our Vibe this weekend. Hope everything goes well.
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by MiVibe-ToolGuy »What type of sealant did you use?If you do it just right, you don't need any additional sealant. I did this on a few headlights over a year ago - here's a link to an excellent "how-to" posted a long time ago over at http://www.matrixowners.com: http://www.thewrongway.com/jdmheadlights.html good luck!And, great job PHXLavaVibe
PHXLavaVibe

Re: PHXLavaVibe 2005 Base (Psychobroker)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Thanks for the kind responses. I can't wait to find out what it is. I really want a boy, and my wife would love to have a girl. As long as I get a boy some where in the mix I'll be happy. As it stands I am the last male in my family line, so it's all up to me to carry on the family name.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

I felt the same way and guess what... I had a girl I wouldn't have it any other way though.For my name, it's me and my cousin are the last two men. My wife and I can't have anymore children (adoption is always an option tho), so I guess it's up to him. BTW - Great Vibe!
PHXLavaVibe

Re: PHXLavaVibe 2005 Base (ANO_Vibe)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »BTW - Great Vibe!Thanks, I'm quite pleased with it myself.
PHXLavaVibe

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Here are some pics of my latest mod.

265099=9628-Pics_carpet.JPG
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Looks good!
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639