Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build...

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
MailGuy!

Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build...

Post by MailGuy! »

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-...EDATE=The most productive engine plant in North America builds our engines at 1.88 hours each.Whether this is good or bad... we'll find out in the long run.
Vibe_dude

Re: Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build... (MailGuy!)

Post by Vibe_dude »

i dont care how fast it is made......i want it made right.....wow toyota is really digging deep trying to find some plant of theres that can get in with GM's top plants.lol.......good luck try again toyota,
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
03VibeGT6Spd

Post by 03VibeGT6Spd »

which Vibe engine is built there 1zz or 2zz?
Toolman

Re: (03VibeGT6Spd)

Post by Toolman »

Not too far down the road, I thought about applying there at one time. I now have a better job, I do know a guy that works there though.
http:/theeulogy.wirefire.com2003 Neptune Blue Moon and Tunes4 Speed AutoBluetooth Install(Wifes)2004 Torrid Red GTO Tinted WindowsBluetooth Install0-60mph in 5.2 seconds0-130mph in 22.5 seconds(Mine)
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by MailGuy! »http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-...EDATE=The most productive engine plant in North America builds our engines at 1.88 hours each.Whether this is good or bad... we'll find out in the long run.Are you back, Mailguy!? Or am I reading the dates wrong?03vibegt6speed, I think both engines are built there. Interesting information. Probably explains a lot of my knocks, at 1.88 hours, they didn't have enough time to sufficiently tighten down things in there... lol
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

Quote, originally posted by MailGuy! »Whether this is good or bad...Good: Higher profits for TMM. (you don't really think they pass the lower cost to the consumer do you)Bad: Definately doesn't increase the quality of the engine. Fewer W.V., U.S.A. citizens employed with a decent paying job. (Toyota pays very, very well)The award was just some bean counter award for how much production you can get out of the fewest employees and lowest cost. Funny, I didn't read anything about quality........
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
MailGuy!

Re: Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build... (ColonelPanic)

Post by MailGuy! »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Are you back, Mailguy!? Or am I reading the dates wrong?Oh....I'll drift in and out. Life is too short to spend too much of it in front of a computer.I really didn't think people would remember me.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by MailGuy! »Oh....I'll drift in and out. Life is too short to spend too much of it in front of a computer.I really didn't think people would remember me.Hey now, us computer dorks make a living enjoying a "short life" as long as it pays well.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
jasonvibe

Re: Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build... (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by jasonvibe »

Just great ...the alcoholic, wife beating sap I saw on COPs probably built CP's engine. Hope not mine... No wonder my Bro bought his Toyota especially because the VIN code said it was built in Japan , That was 15 years ago when NUMMI was just starting.No probs in 150k... I hope mine has a real Toyota transmission...My tranny guy says Toyota and Hondas have the best auto trannys.
2005 AWD PlatinumAlloys, Moon & TunesPower group...just enough to be fun
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by MailGuy! »Oh....I'll drift in and out. Life is too short to spend too much of it in front of a computer.I really didn't think people would remember me.awww, of course we remember you!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
IMakeVibes

Re: Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build... (jasonvibe)

Post by IMakeVibes »

Quote, originally posted by jasonvibe »No wonder my Bro bought his Toyota especially because the VIN code said it was built in Japan , That was 15 years ago when NUMMI was just starting.No probs in 150k...What kind of car does he have? Most, but not all Toyotas are build in North America now.
GMJAP

Re: Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build... (cohocarl)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by cohocarl »Good: Higher profits for TMM. (you don't really think they pass the lower cost to the consumer do you)Bad: Definately doesn't increase the quality of the engine. Fewer W.V., U.S.A. citizens employed with a decent paying job. (Toyota pays very, very well) Then again, maybe this is why they can pay so well......
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
jasonvibe

Post by jasonvibe »

I forgot his water pump leaked under warranty 8 years ago. Dry since then. I honestly believe the best companys will keep the quality high. So inventory of parts do not need to be big. That's what the old Jap boxes I and my bro have owned seem to suggest. I am shocked the engine is assembled in W.Va. I saw the sticker when I bought it said 35% Jap parts...I was hoping this was all the key items. I would get an extended warranty if I could afford one. GM wants $3000 for 7 years. Others want about $2000. But if you don't get your valves checked and/or adjusted @60k. your ext. warranty is void. Checking them is easy. It's the hassle of leaving the car overnight @ the dealer so he can check the valves--- cold. Then do you trust them to remove the cams if adjustments are needed? And put it all back together?. Believe it or not I can do this myself if needed.
2005 AWD PlatinumAlloys, Moon & TunesPower group...just enough to be fun
millster

Re: Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build... (silverawd26)

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by silverawd26 »And the 1.8 is in everything it seems, the Corolla and the Vibe/Matrix and any other vehicles? Don't forget the MR-2, Celica, Lotus Elise and I'm sure I'm even still missing some there.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
millster

Re: Vibe engines/less than 2 hours to build... (silverawd26)

Post by millster »

Well, that is assuming that by 1.8, that means both 1zz-fe and 2zz-ge, but yes. A lot of engines at any rate.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build