Supercharger installed!

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Faultline

Re: Supercharger installed! (Lancer)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer » I'm sure I'll be in the 14s.(going after Faultlines record on Monkeywrench.com )I forgot that I posted that there!!I always think my time should be better..I was going aroun 97mph my the end, and my 60ft times were at 2.5. Which really is not that good. Damronjr, that is where you need to do better if possible, in your 60ft time. 2.6 is not so good. I have been told that in the 1/4 mile, for every 10th you save in the 60ft , you will save 2 10ths off your time. I know 2 guys with wrx's. They both have gotten 13.7 at 1/4 mile. Their top speed is 96mph, when I race them on a role, I win. Their advantage is AWD, and their 60ft times are 1.9...That is how much launches matter for a good time. Honestly, good launches escape me though!
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
damronjr

Re: Supercharger installed! (Faultline)

Post by damronjr »

Well, as promised, here's a lousy short video. I'll try to work on getting a better support for the camera and open the car up more so you can hear it better. I found it is a lot easier to use my digicam than my video cam since the .mov's can be saved directly to my comp whereas I don't know how to do it yet with my video cam.

Attached files sc.wmv (324.4 KB) 
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
BlueCrush

Re: Supercharger installed! (damronjr)

Post by BlueCrush »

Sounds good, Jason! Hope to see more in the future.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
damronjr

Re: Supercharger installed! (BlueCrush)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Sounds good, Jason! Hope to see more in the future. The worst part is chopping them so they're small enough to be accepted by the site. Someone mentioned using something like putfile. Any comments on that? I've never used them, so I don't know how it works, what it costs, etc... Then I could just post the whole video without having to chop it first.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

You could also try http://www.streetfire.net
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
damronjr

Re: Supercharger installed! (BlueCrush)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »You could also try http://www.streetfire.netThanks Brian. I'll look at that and putfile after work and see what their terms are.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Here's another sucky video from my cam-phone! Going to check on those sites now! BTW, it'll open w/ realplayer.

Attached files Video001.3gp (43.2 KB) 
Vibeman GT

Post by Vibeman GT »

I liked the whine of the S/C It's a shame that it's not available for the 2006 Vibe
Revving is good for your health Feel the POWER!
damronjr

Re: Supercharger installed! (Vibeman GT)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Vibeman GT »I liked the whine of the S/C It's a shame that it's not available for the 2006 Vibe Just give it time, someone will work something out.
cknight725

Re: Supercharger installed! (Lancer)

Post by cknight725 »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »That is for turbo, though. Your moving much more air @ 10psi with a turbo then you are with a s/c. Yes the psi is the same but the volume is not. psi - Pounds per square inch. READ: Pounds of pressure per a fixed volume.Volume is constant. Turbo PSI is exactly the same as S/C PSI -- I think maybe what you are thinking about is the parasitic drag that S/C cause on the motor since they are belt driven. Turbos don't have any parasitic drag, HOWEVER they have similar HP problems caused by the additional heat that turbos create due to being driven by exhaust gases.
---------------------Chris KnightAlbuquerque, NM2005 Base Vibe Auto, M&T, 6-DiscDynomax custom exhaust, XM RoadyII, Cosmo SR Intake, Custom Engine Cover
Faultline

Re: Supercharger installed! (cknight725)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by cknight725 »psi - Pounds per square inch. READ: Pounds of pressure per a fixed volume.Volume is constant. Turbo PSI is exactly the same as S/C PSI -- I think maybe what you are thinking about is the parasitic drag that S/C cause on the motor since they are belt driven. Turbos don't have any parasitic drag, HOWEVER they have similar HP problems caused by the additional heat that turbos create due to being driven by exhaust gases.Yes, but given the example of a turbocharged motor, sometimes there will be as much as a 1psi pressure drop after the gas(air) passes thru the intercooler.It is the same volume, but the cooling effect causes the air to condense. Because of heating and cooling, the same volume of air,may have varying psi. Hence Lancer's statement about the SC. A roots blower actually heats up the charge air more than a turbo. Then, in my case, an intercooler cools down the charge even more .Comparing Lancer's SC with my turbo set up, at 10 psi, I do have more air going into the motor. To complicate things more:In the example of "10 psi". We usually measure manifold pressure. Our gauges tell us what the intake manifold pressure is. This pressure tells us what the resistance of air NOT going into the motor. The trick of a good set up is to have more air moving thru the motor, not to have the manifold registering a high psi. For an SC motor, a nice header will allow more volume thru the motor. The same for a turbo motor, but also selecting the correct turbine and impeller in the turbo will facilitate a phenomenon of the air pushing thru the motor faster. Imagine you get your head ported. It will allow more air to flow thru your motor at any given psi. ............
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Lancer

Re: Supercharger installed! (Faultline)

Post by Lancer »

I was waiting for you to explain things better.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
Yury

Post by Yury »

Jason, i was wondering how does this supercharger affect regular driving ? I am not racing my vibe, but wouldn't mind getting more power for regular driving.I never drove a supercharged car - would i need to rev it up to get the boost ?And how about gas mileage, does it change much ?
07 Accord SE V6.Used to own 05 Base Vibe, it was a nice car
damronjr

Re: Supercharger installed! (Yury)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Yury »Jason, i was wondering how does this supercharger affect regular driving ? I am not racing my vibe, but wouldn't mind getting more power for regular driving.I never drove a supercharged car - would i need to rev it up to get the boost ?And how about gas mileage, does it change much ?It "works" through the entire band, but really you only notice it when your ON the pedal. Let's say you want to pass someone, climb a hill, or just haul (removed), hit the gas and you're off! It's all about throttle position. Harder on the gas = more power. Mileage will only change if you drive it hard. Not a big difference, but with my driving I went from 18mpg to 15mpg when you drive it hard.Welcome to the site, BTW!
Yury

Post by Yury »

Thanks Jason.So, i guess i would get improvement in my commute.Subjectively, would you say the car gets quite a bit faster in a commute situation ?Btw, i heard that GTs are only better on high rpm. I had a VTEC civic before and this thing was quite useless in regular driving - i definetely didn't feel like red-lining it at all and on low prm it was sliggish. Definitely don't want to spend money on this kind of upgrade.
Yury

Post by Yury »

btw, another questionwould i have use premium gas after this upgrade ?
Raven

Re: (Yury)

Post by Raven »

The Vibe GT has too high a compression ratio to supercharge. Yes, you need premium fuel for a supercharged Vibe.
damronjr

Re: Supercharger installed! (Yury)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Yury »Thanks Jason.So, i guess i would get improvement in my commute.Subjectively, would you say the car gets quite a bit faster in a commute situation ?Btw, i heard that GTs are only better on high rpm. I had a VTEC civic before and this thing was quite useless in regular driving - i definetely didn't feel like red-lining it at all and on low prm it was sliggish. Definitely don't want to spend money on this kind of upgrade.Definitely faster if you gas it! GTs are only better at high RPM where the "lift" kicks in. when it does, it kicks all right! Premium is pretty much required too after a S/Cing
Yury

Post by Yury »

thanks guys.as i just found out it's not available for 05 so i have some time to think it over i guess .
damronjr

Re: (Yury)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Yury »thanks guys.as i just found out it's not available for 05 so i have some time to think it over i guess .They're supposedly working on making it compatible, but that's yet to be seen. Turbo is always an option, but that's more for racing.
kylethakillah

Post by kylethakillah »

I know this may sound dumb but im new to sc so is it possable to get one on my 05 base? and if so where can i find one?
silver 2005 Base18" KONIG Runaways K&N typhoon air intake
damronjr

Re: (kylethakillah)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by kylethakillah »I know this may sound dumb but im new to sc so is it possable to get one on my 05 base? and if so where can i find one?Yes, but you have to find one, then you have to get the custom adapter plate for it to work, and I'm not sure, but you MIGHT have to go with an aftermarket ECU as well, not sure on that one though, I thought I saw that somewhere.
kylethakillah

Post by kylethakillah »

how much do they run with the adapter?oh and where did you freaking get that hood...It looks amazing!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by kylethakillah »how much do they run with the adapter?oh and where did you freaking get that hood...It looks amazing!Not sure, you would probably have to find a used SC or someone holding onto a new one somewhere like Ebay or 1 of our sister sites, then you would have to look up more info on the adapter on this site. The hood came from a group buy here on GVC and is made by JSP. I would NOT recommend you buy this hood if they still make it. It is terrible quality, already sent 1 back 2 days after I got it, and this 1 is falling apart!
kevera

Re: (damronjr)

Post by kevera »

I want a supercharger too,where can I get one.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
ajflan

Re: (kevera)

Post by ajflan »

Hahahahahaha...
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

wow... old thread!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kylethakillah

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by kylethakillah »

can you link me to the original thread? Theres so many on superchargers its like looking for a grain of rice in an Ethiopian camp.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

??
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
kevera

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by kylethakillah »can you link me to the original thread? Theres so many on superchargers its like looking for a grain of rice in an Ethiopian camp. Here's the link you are looking for.Just do a search next time please,because if you can't find something simple like that,then maybe you shouldn't go f/i. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=30399
AKLGT

Re: (kevera)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by kevera » Here's the link you are looking for.Just do a search next time please,because if you can't find something simply like that,then maybe you shouldn't go f/i. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=30399ya no kidding.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

wow, genvibe used to be friendly and helpful. maybe getting webblocked at work isn't so bad...
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
kevera

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »wow, genvibe used to be friendly and helpful. maybe getting webblocked at work isn't so bad...True factCheers
SoCal_CJ

Post by SoCal_CJ »

looking for TRD supercharger inlet tube ...anyone using a CAI and do not need the TRD supercharger inlet tube the kit came with? RSVP thanks