Warranty confusion with 5 year Warranty

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
viBert

Warranty confusion with 5 year Warranty

Post by viBert »

Does anyone have a warranty book that spells out the coverage of the 5 year warranty.I still have no official document spelling out the terms/conditions of the 5 year power train warranty. When I called my salesman he at first told me there was no extended power train, I flipped out as I was holding the brochure he had given me and it said there was. He went off and talked to someone and came back and said there was one after all. When I asked for some kind of warrenty book he faxed me a screen shot of the computer screen that shows my Vin and the warranty. I checked the internet and there are a lot of reviews and info saying the Vibe has no 5 yr pwr train warranty. Pontiac has really caused undue confusion with this issue and must be hurting their own sales. Take note Pontiac guys! A lot of people are going to be driving the Matrix instead of the Vibe.
Base 2 tone Salsa, auto, power pack Mississauga, Ontario, Canada I'd rather be sailing but the Vibe makes me a happy landlubber.
Vibe Rater

Re: Warranty confusion with 5 year Warranty (viBert)

Post by Vibe Rater »

I always thought it was 3 years bumper to bumper and 5 years powertrain. Even longer rust coverage. If anyone knows any different, do tell.
vibb

Re: Warranty confusion with 5 year Warranty (viBert)

Post by vibb »

quote: .. checked the internet and there are a lot of reviews and info saying the Vibe has no 5 yr pwr train warranty. Don't worry (too much)! For Canadian Vibe or Matrix owners, or U.S. Matrix owners, a 5 year, 100,000 km (60,000 mile) Powertrain component warranty is included.The articles referring to a 3 year powertrain warranty apparently only apply to U.S. Vibes.
Ex-Vibe owner