odd ball question..... rims off a Pontiac Grand Prix GT fit vibe

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
6speedz

odd ball question..... rims off a Pontiac Grand Prix GT fit vibe

Post by 6speedz »

is there a chance they would work? a buddy of mine has 18" mille miglias on his Grand Prix GT and he is willing to sell to me cheap i have no idea if they would work or not, i am new to the front wheel drive 4 cyl car world, came from a 6 speed Z28 so itll take some time to learn, anyone know if the offsets are similar?thanksryan
Kari

Re: odd ball question..... rims off a Pontiac Grand Prix GT fit vibe (6speedz)

Post by Kari »

I doubt it, with the Vibe being a Toyota and all...that's what stopped me from getting what I want for cheap too.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

The bolt pattern on the Vibe is 5X100. If the rims are the same, you should have no trouble.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
6speedz

Re: odd ball question..... rims off a Pontiac Grand Prix GT fit vibe (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by 6speedz »

ill have to ask him, i hope they work out the 16"s i have just arent workin for me
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

What year is the Grand Prix??
Mr. Poopypants

Re: odd ball question..... rims off a Pontiac Grand Prix GT fit vibe (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

According to this site. http://www.discountedwheelware...e.cfmYou may or may not be S.O.L.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I wouldn't get too hopeful with that...GM seems to like using 5x115 on a lot of their more recent vehicles...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »According to this site....You may or may not be S.O.L.It looks like if the G.P. was a 99 or newer, they may fit. The G.P. is front wheel dr., so the offset may be similar.Jack it up and see if it will fit.
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

Quote, originally posted by 6speedz »...came from a 6 speed Z28 so itll take some time to learn...I don't think you'll have any problem.....
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
6speedz

Re: odd ball question..... rims off a Pontiac Grand Prix GT fit vibe (cohocarl)

Post by 6speedz »

i believe its a 99 ill have to wait till he moves up north to get the wheels from him so itll be a lil time
Project Neptune

Post by Project Neptune »

1997 to current Grand Prix's are all 5x115 pattern. You'll need wheel adapters to make these fit.
Rolexdev

Re: odd ball question..... rims off a Pontiac Grand Prix GT fit vibe

Post by Rolexdev »

6speedz wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:31 am is there a chance they would work? a buddy of mine has 18" mille miglias on his Grand Prix GT and he is willing to sell to me cheap i have no idea if they would work or not, i am new to the front wheel drive 4 cyl car world, came from a 6 speed Z28 so itll take some time to learn, anyone know if the offsets are similar?thanksryan
Transitioning from a Z28 to a front-wheel-drive 4-cylinder is a shift indeed! Regarding the Mille Miglias, check the offsets for compatibility. Your buddy's offer sounds tempting—good luck with the transition!Magic 8 Ball
Lorcan77

Post by Lorcan77 »

cohocarl wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:18 pm Quote, originally posted by 6speedz »...came from a 6 speed Z28 so itll take some time to learn...I don't think you'll have any problem.....
Hi guys
It sounds like a thrilling journey adapting to a 6-speed Z28! Embracing a new transmission can be both challenging and rewarding. The learning curve might take some time, but with determination, I'm confident you'll conquer it smoothly. Magic 8 Ball