Shaking in the wheel while driving???

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Shadow Realm

Shaking in the wheel while driving???

Post by Shadow Realm »

Is anyone having problems with a shimy in the wheel at speeds above 45 or so? I have a slight vibe-ration in the wheel when I'm on the highway. It doesn't matter if the road is good or bad. I've had them replace the tires already about 2000 miles ago, it made the problem get much better but it hasn't gone away. Any input would be appreciated.
Abyss Monotone GT, 6 speed, Moon & Tunes, Power Group,and 16" Alloys. Soon you can see my Vibe GT at Shadowrealm's car pics but for now it is under construction!
Vibe

Re: Shaking in the wheel while driving??? (Shadow Realm)

Post by Vibe »

If they have replaced the tires------then check for an out of balance brake rotor or an out of balance drive axle. Don't rule out a warped rim. I had this problem with another car of mine and it was the rotor. James
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Shaking in the wheel while driving??? (Vibe)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

Sounds lite tire balancing issue or something else unbalanced.
d_m_kolb

Re: Shaking in the wheel while driving??? (Vibe)

Post by d_m_kolb »

It could be a number of things. Hard to say without looking at the vehicle. Off the top of my head I'd balance the tires. Normally. Vibration in the sterring wheel is from the front tires. Vibration in your (removed) or seat is coming from the rear wheels. On a new car I wouldn't think it would be a suspention problem. I'd get the wheels balanced again and tell them to do it right this time.