I need a car cover !!!

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
MoonDogg

I need a car cover !!!

Post by MoonDogg »

Well I won't be driving the vibe much anymore.. I just got informed I am being moved to anouther division of the company... I am the new IT engineer for the parent company I work for. And here is the reason I need a car cover.. They are buying me a brand new car, laptop, cell phone, and all the tools I request. So my car will be sitting at my house 90% of the time now.. any suggestions on a good car cover?
2004 Vibe GT Fusion OrangeOptions: M&T, Monotone Paint, 35% TintMods: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X659 HU, Orion CS200.4 amp, Kicker Comp VR 10" sub, Megan Racing STB, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, brass shifter bushing, underbody orange neon's.
ragingfish

Re: I need a car cover !!! (MoonDogg)

Post by ragingfish »

What kinda car is the company giving you?
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Quote, originally posted by MoonDogg »any suggestions on a good car cover?Congrats on the promotion!!! As for the cover, I highly recommend any one made from the Technalon material. When I had 2 cars and I covered my Grand Prix to keep it in show condition that is what I used. I even bought one for my stepdad to cover his show Fiero with several years back (he still uses it). It is also my understanding that Toyota sells a custom-fitted one for the Matrix that is of good quality. I see no reason why it wouldn't fit the Vibe. I think they'll both be about the same price.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Here ya go. I just found this site with a bit of an explanation of the cover.http://www.websweeper.com/cars...n.phpJust do a google search for "Technalon" or "Evolution 4" car covers and you can probably get all kinds of info.I liked this cover because it is good for indoor and outdoor use. I used to have to keep my car outdoors and I could leave this cover on for a few months in all kinds of weather and there was never any mold or mildew on the cover or on the car. The only downside was windstorms. They could blow the cover off the car so the cover has grommets conveniently located at the bottom of the cover. The auto parts store where I bought the cover sold a cable that was covered with plastic and a small lock that was for securing the cover on the car through the grommets. I still have all the cover and stuff and they're still in great shape, but I just don't have a car to use it on.BTW---It seems that the site I linked to sells those car covers. I should tell you that I don't know anything about that retailer in particular and I've never done business with them so I'm not endorsing them or anything. They just turned up in the google search that I did to find that particular car cover.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
MoonDogg

Re: I need a car cover !!! (ragingfish)

Post by MoonDogg »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »What kinda car is the company giving you? Everyone is asking me that... I realy don't know yet.. but looking at the other cars.. this is what I know. It will be a 2005 model and prolly be a GM branded car. Considering 95% of all there vehicals are. Maybe I can convence them to get a vibe I will let yall know..
2004 Vibe GT Fusion OrangeOptions: M&T, Monotone Paint, 35% TintMods: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X659 HU, Orion CS200.4 amp, Kicker Comp VR 10" sub, Megan Racing STB, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, brass shifter bushing, underbody orange neon's.
MoonDogg

Re: I need a car cover !!! (Stang2Vibe)

Post by MoonDogg »

Thanks for the info.. that is exactly what I was looking for.. there prices an't to bad either.. I will look around and see what I can find...
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

You might try here... http://www.webcovers.com/CarCovers/Several different types to choose from and I think that Auto barn have some to. http://search.store.yahoo.com/...coverCongrats on your promotion!
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by MoonDogg »Maybe I can convence them to get a vibe Go for a G6...
GenVibe Global Moderator
russ257

Re: I need a car cover !!! (Kari)

Post by russ257 »

be sure to switch your insurance on the vibe to a pleasure only vehicle your rate should drop
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
Raven

Post by Raven »

Quote, originally posted by MoonDogg » Everyone is asking me that... I realy don't know yet.. but looking at the other cars.. this is what I know. It will be a 2005 model and prolly be a GM branded car. Considering 95% of all there vehicals are. Maybe I can convence them to get a vibe I will let yall know.. How about a GTO? They are paying your gas and insurance too right?
MoonDogg

Re: I need a car cover !!! (Sunny)

Post by MoonDogg »

Quote, originally posted by Sunny » How about a GTO? They are paying your gas and insurance too right?Yeah I wish.. I was acualy thinking that.. but I have to travel over 100miles min. a day.. so I don't think that would fly...
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

are you kidding? The GTO can "fly"! You could tell them that getting you a GTO will increase your productivity because it will get you to and from your work much quicker! Just make sure that you get a written guarantee from them that they will also pay your speeding tickets and post your bail. lol
Stang2Vibe

Re: I need a car cover !!! (russ257)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Quote, originally posted by russ257 »be sure to switch your insurance on the vibe to a pleasure only vehicle your rate should dropUnfortunately that usually only works if you insure more than one vehicle on the same policy. If his work is paying the insurance on the company car, it will most likely be on a company fleet insurance policy. This probably varies from state to state. I noticed that he's from Lousiana. They have a pretty unique legal code there because they are the only state that doesn't use the UCC (uniform commercial code) so their laws and policies can be very different from the rest of the U.S.
MoonDogg

Post by MoonDogg »

Well the GTO is out of the ? they already said they are not paying for any tickets.... And the insurence I do insure two vechicales mine and my wifes... so I am sure I can change it... I got state farm and there pretty good about that... I will call them and check...
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

If you and your wife are both on the same policy and you only have 2 cars, they force you to assign one driver as the primary driver of each of the vehicles. Typically, a "pleasure vehicle" has to be an extra one. That means that the policy has to be covering more vehicles than there are drivers on the policy. Auto insurance is a big racket.You'd probably be best off to buy a junk car for 50 bucks from a junkyard, tarp it in your driveway, insure it for liability only, and declare it as your primary vehicle. Then the multi-car discount and pleasure vehicle savings might pay off.
Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

Quote, originally posted by MoonDogg »They are buying me a brand new car, laptop, cell phone, and all the tools I request. They are starting production on the G6 GTP real soon (if not already) and you could get the coupe. Imagine a 3.9L V-6 with a 6-speed manual.MMMMMM..... DROOOOOOL
-Brian
MoonDogg

Post by MoonDogg »

Well apparently because I did not drive that far to work in the first place.. The vibe already was a "pleasure vehicle" So no discount for me.. but I am about to turn 25 so I get break there
MoonDogg

Post by MoonDogg »

Well for anyone interested... I got a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu.. they bought it used with 24K on it.. but its nice.. PL, PW, CC, PTR, RKE, etc... so now I just need to get that cover edit: oh btw.. 2.2L ecotec.. not bad.. vibe got more kick..
Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

Quote, originally posted by MoonDogg »edit: oh btw.. 2.2L ecotec.. not bad.. vibe got more kick.. Oh Crap, they got you the 4cyl version?
-Brian