Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you?

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
MrMke

Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you?

Post by MrMke »

Now I know I'm not the only Vibe owner that resides in the great state of PA. Let's go people.......stand up for your state.
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE V6250hp, Tinted Windows, Factory HID's, Bose System
jdf

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (MrMke)

Post by jdf »

In Philly. At the end of the airport runway. More of a tri-state area: PA:NJ:DE kind of thing.
JDFBASE / LAVA / AUTO / ABS / SAB / PWR / M&T
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

NE Philly.
Michael Matola

Post by Michael Matola »

Currently living in Michigan, but originally from Pennsylvania.Here's a cool map of PA: http://fermi.jhuapl.edu/states/maps1/pa.gif
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Going to college in downtown Pittsburgh. Live in an apartment right next to campus. I'm lucky enough to have an indoor garage to park my baby in while I'm living here at school. My family now lives in Harrison City in Westmoreland County, but I grew up in Pittsburgh and have lived here almost all of my life.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
csjrishere

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (Stang2Vibe)

Post by csjrishere »

Pittsburgh here.
Monotone Salsa, Moon & Tunes w/6 disc in dash, 16" Wheels
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

North Huntingdon, PA 15 mins. east of Pittsburgh.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
MrMke

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (NovaResource)

Post by MrMke »

quote:NE Philly.Nova,I was born and raised in NE Phila. but now live a little over a hour NW of the city.Where abouts are you located?
Cobalt_amg

Post by Cobalt_amg »

Im in Delaware county.Media to be exact..15 minutes outside of philly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cobalt_AMG http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Cobalt_AMG
timneff

Post by timneff »

Born and raised in Bradford PA. Moved to Alverda PA when I was a teenager. It's a little town near Indiana/Johnstown. Now in the military stationed at the Pentagon but my home of record is still Alverda.
Sam2Mar

Post by Sam2Mar »

Middletown....here!2003 Neptune Blue "LD Blue"Moon & TunesPower Windows/LocksCustom Wheels
MrMke

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (Sam2Mar)

Post by MrMke »

Welcome aboard........And again......nice choice of color for your vibe Alot of Neptune owners out there.I think Neptune is one of the better colors.
pghdrumr

Post by pghdrumr »

Near Greensburg, PA (30 miles east of Pittsburgh)
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (pghdrumr)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

quote:Near Greensburg, PA (30 miles east of Pittsburgh)Hi Neighbor.
Stang2Vibe

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (MFFenton)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Well, looks like all three of us are neighbors.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Cobalt_amg

Post by Cobalt_amg »

quote: Middletown....here!2003 Neptune Blue "LD Blue"Moon & TunesPower Windows/LocksCustom Wheels You wouldnt happen to take the Elwyn train every morning would ya?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cobalt_AMG http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Cobalt_AMG
Sam2Mar

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (Cobalt_amg)

Post by Sam2Mar »

Sorry...Cobalt_amg I don't!I'm in Dauphin county below Harrisburg...Thanks for asking!Wife's off in the Vibe!! AGAIN
bri011

Post by bri011 »

Claridge, PA... 5 minutes from Greensburg.
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Lancaster here.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
Chris_W

Post by Chris_W »

In Evansburg (Collegeville P.O.) Montgomery Countybetween Valley Forge and Pottstown
Chris W.2003 Vibe GT -- Six-Speed, Salsa, and Slate
MrMke

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (Chris_W)

Post by MrMke »

quote:In Evansburg (Collegeville P.O.) Montgomery Countybetween Valley Forge and PottstownCool.. ....someone is actually local to me.How do you like your Vibe so far?
Chris_W

Post by Chris_W »

quote:Cool.. ....someone is actually local to me.How do you like your Vibe so far?It's great. I was ready for something more versatile than my old Corolla and wanted more than a hatchback. The Toyota Matrix attracted my attention first and then a friend bought a Matrix. However the Vibe seemed to have all the right options for me.Can you tell me about your Encase Cargo mat? I have yet to get any mat, netting, extra bins, etc. in mine though with stuff sliding around I need something. Is the Encase mat different from GM's? Where did you buy it?
Chris W.2003 Vibe GT -- Six-Speed, Salsa, and Slate
MrMke

Post by MrMke »

quote:Can you tell me about your Encase Cargo mat? I have yet to get any mat, netting, extra bins, etc. in mine though with stuff sliding around I need something. Is the Encase mat different from GM's? Where did you buy it?Check out this site, it's basically where I got it from.He occasionally has some up for bid on ebay. http://www.encase.ca
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

I have some relatives in Greensburg.....We used to go there every year at easter when I was a kid. I remember my mother having to hit the Greengate mall every time we went down there. I grew up in MI, so seeing the hills was cool.Later,Carl
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
MrMke

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you?

Post by MrMke »

Let's go EAGLES!!
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (cohocarl)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Michigan, much like western NY is soo flat. I want to take a dumptruck up to I-90 in NY and make a hill. Driving around here is nice, up and down left and right. In the midwest, it's all flat and straight, I am babbling, I'll stop now.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Sorry to say but the Greengate Mall is now all but extinct. I think all the shops are closed now and there is just a giant barren parking lot sitting there. I guess Westmoreland Mall 5 minutes down the road killed it. A lot of newer mega stores heading the other way on Rt. 30 now, too.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I used to work at Greengate Mall. I remember when they used to have a huge birdcage in that place.
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

QUOTE] Let's go EAGLES!! [/QUOTE]DOOOHHH!!!!!!! Gotcha Back when it mattered most!!! Go BUCS
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Stang2Vibe

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (slbpsi63)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Lol. Don't worry, the Raiders will win.
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

quote:I used to work at Greengate Mall. I remember when they used to have a huge birdcage in that place. Easter was the holiday we'd head down to Greensburg for the family get-together and I remember the displays they used to have in there. I never got to ride the train though.
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

quote:I never got to ride the train though. LOL!!!
Lorin

Post by Lorin »

I'm just north of Harrisburg....I get to drive the vibe accross blue mountain twice a day commuting for work. Almost hit a great big wild turkey this week!
Lorin2003 Pontiac Vibe GT, Neptune-mono, moons & tunes, power package, side impact airbags, rear seat covers, bumper protector, cargo mat.Mods installed: TRD exhaust, TRD stb, Mods removed: TRD CAI - annoyed by CEL
Pawel

Post by Pawel »

NE Philly here
2003 VIBE GT ABYSSMODS:AEM CAI PHILIPS BLUEVISION
NovaResource

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (Pawel)

Post by NovaResource »

Speaking of NE Philly members, I saw a 2-tone Satellite base Vibe with the base wheels going South in the outer drive of the Roosevelt Blvd yesterday near Grant and Welsh roads around the 4:30-5:00 timeframe. Was that anyone here?
LadyHwk750

Post by LadyHwk750 »

Lansdale, PA here. I transplanted from Rochester, NY in 1999. I've had my Vibe GT since July and love it!
robdog

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (LadyHwk750)

Post by robdog »

Levittown, PA
03, Abyss monotone GT, 6 disk changer, moon and tunes, Cargo mat/nets, power package, side airbags, AEM Short Ram Intake, Borla exhaust , 35% tint all around, F1 strut tower brace, debadged, 17" Excel rims w/ federal ss595 tires.
robdog

Post by robdog »

Levittown, PA, 20 miles North of Philadelphia
03, Abyss monotone GT, 6 disk changer, moon and tunes, Cargo mat/nets, power package, side airbags, AEM Short Ram Intake, Borla exhaust , 35% tint all around, F1 strut tower brace, debadged, 17" Excel rims w/ federal ss595 tires.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Right now I am buried up to my A-Hole in snow.
LadyHwk750

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by LadyHwk750 »

"Right now I am buried up to my A-Hole in snow."(Mr. Poopypants)Aren't we all? Though maybe you should change your nick to Snowypants. By this weekend we should be up to our armpits in water. I hope Mother Nature is getting a laugh out of this.

Attached files
drb22

Post by drb22 »

It sure wasn't fun digging out of that snow. I posted some pics on the following threadhttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=2839LadyHwk750, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of car is the red car in you pic? Looks like another sporty wagon?
Shadow Vibe - two tone (almost no need for the monotone in this color IMHO) - slate interior - power package - moon and tunes - abs - 16" aluminum wheels - and the GD on the radio! http://www.cardomain.com/id/db_vibe
LadyHwk750

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (drb22)

Post by LadyHwk750 »

quote:LadyHwk750, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of car is the red car in you pic? Looks like another sporty wagon?I don't mind you asking at all. The red car is a Mazda Protege 5. My boyfriend just bought it in December and he loves it! He use to lease a GMC Jimmy. The new car has leather seats and handles great in turns. Of course, I could still leave him in my dust since his engine is SOoooo inferior but I don't remind him about that too much. He says he can definitely feel the difference in power when he rides in my car. The only problem now is we own a motorcycle trailer but no longer have a vehicle to pull it. No Bike Week this year.
drb22

Post by drb22 »

I almost bought the protege 5 when I got my Vibe ... I liked it, but liked the Vibe better, and didn't care for the mazda dealership I went to. Glad to hear you and your boyfriend both have similiar tastes in cars.
Shadow Vibe - two tone (almost no need for the monotone in this color IMHO) - slate interior - power package - moon and tunes - abs - 16" aluminum wheels - and the GD on the radio! http://www.cardomain.com/id/db_vibe
DopeVibeGT

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (drb22)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Yeah, so did I. But they are too underpowered for my tastes.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
LadyHwk750

Re: Hey Fellow PA Vibe Owners...........where are you? (silverawd26)

Post by LadyHwk750 »

quote:I think the 2 new cars mazda come out with this year are going to be big hits. We will have to see. I'm just glad they are starting to market more reasonably priced sporty cars with more power, better handling, and decent gas mileage.
LadyHwk750

Post by LadyHwk750 »

quote:The max weight for the Vibe is 1500 pounds, wonder if it could handle it.Not with both bikes on the trailer. Too much weight.Plus, I've been told you should not pull a trailer with a stick. It puts too much strain on the engine.
LadyHwk750

Post by LadyHwk750 »

The larger engine probably makes the difference.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

My 2000 Mustang was a 5 speed stick and I hauled my 760 lb jet ski with it in the summer. No problems at all. It was rated to tow 1000 lbs. Automatics usually have more trouble because they always want to go into the highest gear possible for the conditions. So unless you want to shift gears manually with the shifter of the automatic, you can't get the control you do with a stick. I can leave the stick in a lower gear if a hill is coming or just to build up momentum on flat roads. At work, we do a lot of hauling and towing with many trucks from pickups to Macks. Almost every truck that we tow with is a stick and they are far better to drive with a trailer on the back than the automatics. For proper towing capacity over any reasonable distance with an automatic, it is always advised to add on a separate transmission fluid cooler. When towing, auto trannies heat up more and their only means of cooling is through the tranny fluid. If the fluid heats up too much for too long, parts inside the tranny wear out prematurely. Also, there is a good reason why almost every large commercial truck (like a Mack, Freightliner, Peterbilt) is a stick--because they are better suited for hauling and towing over the long run.
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

quote:The only problem now is we own a motorcycle trailer but no longer have a vehicle to pull it. No Bike Week this year. Add up the approx. weight of your bikes and the trailer.... I hate to see someone miss Bike Week!!!!!! Hitch is only about $125, and wiring is rather easy:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id ... ?id=1139As long as you're good with the clutch, I'd say the manual is much better than the auto for towing.Head down there and have some fun.
LadyHwk750

Post by LadyHwk750 »

quote:I think the bikes she had are motor cycles, not the normal pedal bike, I thought the same thing. Yep, motorcycles. My boyfriend has a HD Electra Glide which weighs about 800 pounds and I have a Honda 750 Nighthawk which weighs about 450 pounds and the trailer weighs about 1200 pounds. That should pretty much settle the question. Of course, that does not include any "essentials" packed in the car. We could probably pull just my bike on the trailer but his is best for 2-up riding.